Ronnie James Dio Hologram Tour

Xanadoood

Ronnie James has no say in what is going on .. The man who created all this music did not give this his OK and will not be enjoying any of the money ...

Craig Goldy has done nothing in 20 years .. and that is being generous ..

And the only thing Wendy Dio has really accomplished since Ronnie died is some god awful plastic surgery

Just on a moral level, I don't see how anyone could enjoy this

Pure shite.

It's a "Disgrace Under Pressure."

"Shame On The Wife"

http://loudwire.com/files/2016/11/Bowl4Ronnie2016-20161104-KathyFlynn-4158.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Ronnie James has no say in what is going on .. The man who created all this music did not give this his OK and will not be enjoying any of the money ...

And the only thing Wendy Dio has really accomplished since Ronnie died is some god awful plastic surgery

Almost all the comments I've seen about this seem to be negative. Hopefully they'll suffer financially soon enough and end this.

If they really wanted my money, they could have put out more unreleased live shows or studio tracks.

• Like 2

Sounds like 'The Sixth Sense' ("I see dead people") and at home I'm plenty of DVDs of dead artists (but stil live legends)

That's how their legacy will survive for me.

• Like 1

Pure shite.

It's a "Disgrace Under Pressure."

"Shame On The Wife"

http://loudwire.com/files/2016/11/Bowl4Ronnie2016-20161104-KathyFlynn-4158.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Jesus Christ Lucas! Now I can't sleep either! That wicked Suicidal Smile Bitch makes Yoko Ono look like Scarlett Johansson!

• Like 2

Sounds like 'The Sixth Sense' ("I see dead people") and at home I'm plenty of DVDs of dead artists (but stil live legends)

That's how their legacy will survive for me.

Exactly. Want to see Ronnie perform? Watch Live at Radio City. Want to hear him perform live? He's got several live album appearances.

• Like 1

I don't know why fans of older music constantly want to shoot that genre in the foot. Of course the hologram is not the real thing, but the fact that we in 2017 have the ability to do it is pretty impressive. I had hoped that everyone else can see it this way, but no. Instead you want to take it away from people like me who are intrigued by this whole hologram business.

If you want to see it do it, nobody is stopping you. No one is casting aspersions against people who want to see the show, but rather the people running it.

And wouldn't peddling nostalgia trips rather than new talent be another way of the genre shooting itself in the foot?

• Like 1

I don't know why fans of older music constantly want to shoot that genre in the foot. Of course the hologram is not the real thing, but the fact that we in 2017 have the ability to do it is pretty impressive. I had hoped that everyone else can see it this way, but no. Instead you want to take it away from people like me who are intrigued by this whole hologram business.

How exactly are we shooting the genre in the foot?

Hey, the hologram stuff is cool, it just shouldn't be used to resurrect the dead. That's the issue we have with it. It has nothing to do with taking something away from people who like it.

• Like 1

Hey, the hologram stuff is cool, it just shouldn't be used to resurrect the dead. That's the issue we have with it. It has nothing to do with taking something away from people who like it.

Have you ever wanted to see a deceased rock star live? With today's technology, we can finally give someone a small taste of what it's like. The naysayers are in my opinion, just like hardcore pro-lifers that would rather have people suffer from disease than use stem cells to cure them because of THE SANCTITY OF LIFE!!!1111

The same BS is being pulled, except its "the sanctity of rockstars"

Edited by fraroc

Have you ever wanted to see a deceased rock star live? With today's technology, we can finally give someone a small taste of what it's like. The naysayers are in my opinion, just like hardcore pro-lifers that would rather have people suffer from disease than use stem cells to cure them because of THE SANCTITY OF LIFE!!!1111

That is the most f***ed up logic I have ever read on this board. How do you even come up with that just because people are against rockstar holograms? Yes, i've wanted to see musicians that have passed away live. But they're dead and it was not meant to be, so I accept that and move on.

Still, you never answered my first question. I'm guessing it's probably because you don't have one. But i'll ask again. How exactly are we shooting the genre in the foot?

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

That is the most f***ed up logic I have ever read on this board. How do you even come up with that just because people are against rockstar holograms? Yes, i've wanted to see musicians that have passed away live. But they're dead and it was not meant to be, so I accept that and move on.

Still, you never answered my first question. I'm guessing it's probably because you don't have one. But i'll ask again. How exactly are we shooting the genre in the foot?

I have no problem awnsering that. If there is a musical act that is remembered fondly for its visual side as much as the music itself and for some circumstances, that musical act is no longer around due to either a death or a breakup and you so desperately wish that you would have been able to see that act live, and yet you're actively rejecting any opportunity to be able to somewhat know what it was like to see that musical act live, then I would call that shooting the genre in the foot because all you're doing is screwing yourself and other people who are interested in things like holograms and tribute bands.

I have no problem awnsering that. If there is a musical act that is remembered fondly for its visual side as much as the music itself and for some circumstances, that musical act is no longer around due to either a death or a breakup and you so desperately wish that you would have been able to see that act live, and yet you're actively rejecting any opportunity to be able to somewhat know what it was like to see that musical act live, then I would call that shooting the genre in the foot because all you're doing is screwing yourself and other people who are interested in things like holograms and tribute bands.

That is not shooting the genre in the foot. We're not screwing ourselves by not seeing something we have no interest in. And we're certainly not screwing you or anyone else who wants to go see it.

• Like 2

That is not shooting the genre in the foot. We're not screwing ourselves by not seeing something we have no interest in. And we're certainly not screwing you or anyone else who wants to go see it.

I'd rather have people having some level in interest in older music. This whole anti-hologram/anti-cover band attitude does nothing but ensure that future generations forget about good music.

I don't want to see classic metal go the way of the dinosaur.

I'd rather have people having some level in interest in older music. This whole anti-hologram/anti-cover band attitude does nothing but ensure that future generations forget about good music.

I don't want to see classic metal go the way of the dinosaur.

The anti-hologram/cover band attitude does not do that at all. The music will always be alive no matter what and people not caring about that stuff has no factor in it. I see younger people at older metal band concerts all the time. I see older fans seeing newer bands at every show I go to as well. If a band is good and they span many decades there will always be new fans getting into them. Especially now with youtube and online music streaming services. Dio will never be forgotten because even though he's dead, his music never will die and be around for many years to come.

How many people today still love Jim Morrison and John Lennon and they've been dead for decades. Good music and good performers stand the test of time and no holograms are needed.

• Like 4

Why not? Kiss is out playing with "Ace" and "Peter," Foreigner has no original members but they're touring, Frankie Banali tried to play as "Quiet Riot" with a bunch of zeroes.

Seriously, this makes me sick.

OMG OLDER BANDS PLAYING WITH NOT ALL THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OMG SUCH TRAVESTY

give me a goddamn break.

stand up and troll!

• Like 1

Ok, look at it this way. Mozart and Bach died centuries ago, but to this day, people pay good money to see symphonies. Tribute bands are obviously not the same, but are of a similar principle.

Ok, look at it this way. Mozart and Bach died centuries ago, but to this day, people pay good money to see symphonies. Tribute bands are obviously not the same, but are of a similar principle.

But I wouldn't pay good money to listen to a recording of those performances. Even if they had a hologram of the orchestra

I'm all for this.

The rest of you can just stay in the dark ages, see how much I care.

Are you saying you'd pay concert ticket prices for what is essentially a movie? Sure if it's like $15, it may be fun to see. But anything more than that reeks as a pathetic cash grab.

It's almost as bad as hiring a cover band and actually calling them Dio!

Have you seen what tribute bands rack up these days? Same thing. $30-$40 for a tribute band? Pass.

Well then do it for good and not evil.