Why is it selfish to want to see them perform just one more time....

fraroc

as opposed to making them write and record a whole new LP, which is somehow not selfish? To me, if wanting to see Rush tour again or at least perform just one last farewell concert in their hometown of Toronto one last time is selfish, then guess f***ing what? A wanting them to go out of their way to come up with new ideas for songs, compose them and record them is selfish too.

as opposed to making them write and record a whole new LP, which is somehow not selfish? To me, if wanting to see Rush tour again or at least perform just one last farewell concert in their hometown of Toronto one last time is selfish, then guess f***ing what? A wanting them to go out of their way to come up with new ideas for songs, compose them and record them is selfish too.

And you are stiiiiiiiiiil talking about this. Did u not mean to start a new thread or were you worried that no one would have responded in the other one?

• Like 2

You know why. Neil doesn't even live in Canada anymore and he's the main one that doesn't want to do it. He sure as he'll isn't going to want to go to Toronto, practice for 2 months and play one show.
  • Like 3

You know why. Neil doesn't even live in Canada anymore and he's the main one that doesn't want to do it. He sure as he'll isn't going to want to go to Toronto, practice for 2 months and play one show.

They can do it all over the internet now.

You mean it's possible to do it over the internet now. Highly doubtful that they would change how they operate after 40 years.

They can do it all over the internet now.

Facebook Live:

Neil: Bongos

Alex: Ukelele

Geddy: Singing and Bass Ukelele

• Like 1

OP doesn't make any sense to me and the thread goes downhill from there..
  • Like 1

It's not selfish to want to see one more show. Every single person here wants to see that. It would be selfish to hold it against a band member for not giving you what you want.

I would love to see one more show too but I was watching a drumming display last night, Mike Mangini was there and man they really pound the shit out of those drums. It really is a physical activity that they're doing up there.

• Like 1

Peart has quit the band, not only that he's quit being a drummer. For good. He may never be seen again in public. Geddy and Alex says there's no RUSH without Neil. End of Story.

• Like 3

Peart has quit the band, not only that he's quit being a drummer. For good. He may never be seen again in public. Geddy and Alex says there's no RUSH without Neil. End of Story.

Yeah. I am a retired brain surgeon but that doesn't mean I have delusions of grandeur every so often

Yeah. I am a retired brain surgeon but that doesn't mean I have delusions of grandeur every so often

Peart may disappear altogether... :hail:

No he is still writing. Mind you if he was never the drummer for Rush he would've never gotten published in the first place but that's really beside the point.

No he is still writing. Mind you if he was never the drummer for Rush he would've never gotten published in the first place but that's really beside the point.

I don't see him doing any book signings though. He's going to be the ultimate reclusive scribbler.

The thing is the band seems open to perhaps recording new music. Peart has been 99% clear he doesn't want to tour ever again. That is the difference. I want them to tour again but I'm not prepared to hate Peart if he chooses not too. Which is the reality we face.

• Like 1

Aaaand...if some :rush: "fan" such as the OP here hates Neil over not touring ever again because he wants to spend more time with his family among other things then I say to fraroc aka Snap Frackle Dackle Pop:

resytt.gif

• Like 4

It's not selfish to want to see one more show. Every single person here wants to see that. It would be selfish to hold it against a band member for not giving you what you want.

I would love to see one more show too but I was watching a drumming display last night, Mike Mangini was there and man they really pound the shit out of those drums. It really is a physical activity that they're doing up there.

Was discussing this with my wife the other night. What Neil does is highly athletic. He functions as an athlete when Rush tours. That is hard to sustain at his age. He wants to go out on top, still playing songs like Natural Science and Cygnus X-1 before they slip away. Dignity and Grace Under the Pressure of time.