Morning Phase Vs. Sea Change

Permanent-Rush

2 very beautifully done Beck albums, which do u choose?

http://www.darraghmurray.com/wp-content/uploads/seachange.jpg or Beck_Morning_Phase.jpg

I like Sea Change a lot, but I would go with Morning Phase. All the songs are amazing, and the album art is wonderful!!

Edited by GotNeilPeart?

Sea Change is phenomenal start to finish, and I would probably go with it.

Morning Phase is no slouch, and was what got me heavily into Beck. Both fantastic, softer albums.

• Like 1

I have never listened to Beck. I'd like too. I take it these two are great places to start?
  • Like 1

OK I just started Sea Change.

This is exactly my kind of artist based on the first track.

Gonna enjoy this one, I can tell!

• Like 2

Segue, Sea Change is what solidified Beck as an 'artist' whereas his prior works were slightly too tongue-in-cheek for most to take seriously. [fwiw I like most of his material, but to varying degrees and different reasons]

I couldn't really get into Morning Phase when it was released, but I'm admittedly biased as I even purchased the Sea Change bluray (surround audio), I like it that much.

Segue, Sea Change is what solidified Beck as an 'artist' whereas his prior works were slightly too tongue-in-cheek for most to take seriously. [fwiw I like most of his material, but to varying degrees and different reasons]

I couldn't really get into Morning Phase when it was released, but I'm admittedly biased as I even purchased the Sea Change bluray (surround audio), I like it that much.

Aaaaah OK! I will bare this in mind. I'm not desperate to dive into his discography but Sea Change was a great little album.

Aaaaah OK! I will bare this in mind. I'm not desperate to dive into his discography but Sea Change was a great little album.

If you like Frank Zappa (oddball rock fusion) you might like some of his earlier albums. ;)

If you like Frank Zappa (oddball rock fusion) you might like some of his earlier albums. ;)

I'm not at all a Zappa fan haha

I don't see that comp at all.

You ever listen to Zappa? Very similar 'blender' rock styles. Beck's just the modern equivalent [with an allergy for lead work].

You ever listen to Zappa? Very similar 'blender' rock styles. Beck's just the modern equivalent [with an allergy for lead work].

Um. Hello. My name is Digital Dad. I am the forums resident Zappa expert.

And if he hears a Zappa vibe that's still not up to your expert ears to establish as fact or fiction.

And if he hears a Zappa vibe that's still not up to your expert ears to establish as fact or fiction.

It is fiction because it is not there. Tons of musical acts fit that description. If that were indeed the case disparate acts such as David Bowie, Beastie Boys and Pat Metheny wouldnhave that "zappa-vibe" as well. They dont. But other than that I totally agree with you.