Nickelback or this 5lb bag of sugar free gummy bears?

KenJennings

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Nickelback
    • 5lb bag of Gummy Bears

http://crypticrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/nickelback-slide-1-580x244.jpg

vs

91-9Gpsh7tL._SY550_.jpg

https://www.amazon.c...r_1_2_a_it?th=1

Now, before you go thinking this is an easy decision, go read the Amazon reviews on the gummies.

Ken!!! You kill me man!!! I have two cracked ribs and I am well "cracking" up!!! Nickelback is truly one of the worst bands in the galaxy. They are an embarrassment to the Music Industry and I feel so sorry for the brainwashed sheeple who listen to them.

I'm taking the gummies. Fukk the Dummies!

No contest

One of the options isn't even a band, just a bag of candy

I had to vote for the gummy bears

• Like 1

A side note about nickelback.. apparently when you play their music backwards you can hear evil messages.

even worse, when you play their music forward you can hear nickelback

• Like 2

I find the hate of Nickleback to be very cliche and trendy. I've heard FAR worse bands. Not sure how they became some sort of whipping boy for all things bad music.
  • Like 2

I find the hate of Nickleback to be very cliche and trendy. I've heard FAR worse bands. Not sure how they became some sort of whipping boy for all things bad music.

Someone needs to be the focus for our impotent rage. And why NOT them? ;)

Because they really are THAT bad.

I remember I was on holiday in Florida when that first single of theirs came out (How You Remind Me?), and remember hearing it on the radio and thinking, that's not bad. On the strength of that, I bought Silver Side Up (so 2001).......I really, really wish I hadn't.

That song was the only decent thing in a sea of extremely foul smelling slurry....that CD didn't even serve time as a coaster,it was straight to the bin.

• Like 1

People hate Nickleback because they are a collection of all clichés in rock. It feels like they took a break from playing Dungeons and Dragons in their grandma´s house and Googled "how to be a rock star", then formed this band.

Phwoar! Gummy bears! :drool:

They're like eating tart erasers. That's not good babykit! ;)

Probably not, but I'll take my chances....! :P

I kind of put them in the same group as licorice. I don't want it and I won't buy it and I'll probably only it if I'm hungry or just being nice because someone offered it to me.

People hate Nickleback because they are a collection of all clichés in rock. It feels like they took a break from playing Dungeons and Dragons in their grandma´s house and Googled "how to be a rock star", then formed this band.

Yeah I get that. But countless bands are guilty of that. I think if Nickleback came out in 1989 , no one would give a shit. The Motley Crue's and Def Leppard's of that era were a walking rock n roll cliche as well.

And for the record, I'm no fan.

Edited by Xanadoood

Yeah I get that. But countless bands are guilty of that. I think if Nickleback came out in 1989 , no one would give a shit. The Motley Crue's and Def Leppard's of that era were a walking rock n roll cliche as well.

And for the record, I'm no fan.

Yeah, but on top of being cliche, Crue and Def Leppard made some pretty great rock and roll, classics even. Nickelbck have approximately one and a half songs I prefer to enjoy, and the sound on that other half is an atrocious kind of studio mockery of real rock and roll grit and power. Put simply I and many others find a server lack of truth and sincerity in their sound, music, image, and existence. Motley Crue weren't faking nothing. They loved Girls, Girls, Girls who could Kickstart their Hearts cuz they'd been Smokin' In The Boys Room with Dr. Feelgood. Dirty sleazy shiny sexist 80s hair metal too good to resist.

That was fun to write.

• Like 1

Ok who voted for Nickelblargh?

I like Nickelback. They did a show in my hometown back in 95 at the University, which is on top a hill four miles from anything. They got noise complaints in town and had to stop playing early. Ever since then they've been big around here, and everybody likes them. I've seen them 4 times Great band.

Edited by Cygnus 2112

I like Nickelback. They did a show in my hometown back in 95 at the University, which is on top a hill four miles from anything. They got noise complaints in town and had to stop playing early. Ever since then they've been big around here, and everybody likes them. I've seen them 4 times Great band.

This article is pretty good at explaining the Nickleback hate trend.. although the comparison to soundgarden is way off..

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/26/on-nickelback-and-narratives/

I find bands like papa roach, disturbed and hinder to be just as " bad" as Nickleback.

Edited by Xanadoood

This article is pretty good at explaining the Nickleback hate trend.. although the comparison to soundgarden is way off..

http://www.metalsuck...and-narratives/

I find bands like papa roach, disturbed and hinder to be just as " bad" as Nickleback.

I don't like any of those bands.

http://www.metalsuck...and-narratives/

I don't like any of those bands.

I don't either. So why don't people go after them like they do Nickleback?

The point of the article seems to be "every time you decide you don't like a band you must listen to all of their future albums to make sure you still don't like them" and "if too many people dislike a band you should like them or you might look like a hipster." My response is IDGAF.

The point of the article seems to be "every time you decide you don't like a band you must listen to all of their future albums to make sure you still don't like them" and "if too many people dislike a band you should like them or you might look like a hipster." My response is IDGAF.

I disagree. The point to me is that in this internet age it's easy to latch on to a band and make a meme stating how much hate them.. cause yah know...it's cool to hate nickleback.. Yes mark zuckerberg,I'm sure you hate them SOO much. Trendy bullshit..

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/12/21/mark-zuckerberg-nickelback/

I disagree. The point to me is that in this internet age it's easy to latch on to a band and make a meme stating how much hate them.. cause yah know...it's cool to hate nickleback.. Yes mark zuckerberg,I'm sure you hate them SOO much. Trendy bullshit..

You sound like the author. If you actually dislike them how is it a bad thing to dislike them? The ultimate hipster move is to act like you like them because too many people dislike them and authors are you saying you run with the crowd.

You sound like the author. If you actually dislike them how is it a bad thing to dislike them? The ultimate hipster move is to act like you like them because too many people dislike them and authors are you saying you run with the crowd.

Yeah but I don't like them. I see how boring, cliche and silly they are. I just think the hatred of them has become just as trendy and silly. Do you really think mark zuckerberg has extensive knowledge of their catalogue? I'm thinking no.