Van Hagar tour rumours

Rod in Toronto

Is it worse than this though?

David_Lee_Roth_Smashbox_2008.jpg

Is this really a picture of him? I've only seen bootlegs of recent concert footage and no real close-ups.

This is almost as frightening as a before and after of Robert Plant.

Almost, but not quite, but good Lord - everything he did in his life is reflected in that face.

Wonder if the ladies still flock to Diamond Dave? :unsure:

Dave's 62 now but this pic is from 2008. I've seen plenty of everyday 54 year olds look better and worse than this.

I'm sure women still flock to Dave. Look at the bloated Axl Rose. He's pretty gross looking (always has been really) but some are enamored by celebrity status. You know, "celebrity" should be the name of a cologne. I hate cologne but that's irrelevant. I digress.

Does this mean we need to bring out our copies of 5150??

I have it on cassette!

Until about 5 years ago, I did too. I threw out my old cassettes when I realized I hadn't owned a cassette player in forever.

My copy always smelled like grape soda for some reason, from the day I opened it.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

The last few days, I have been listening to the Van Hagar albums (with some DLR thrown in, as well). Van Halen is one of my all time favorite bands, and I love both versions, although they are two different bands. A few thoughts. The rockers, like 5150, Black and Blue, Poundcake and The Seventh Seal are phenomenal. Sammy is a horrible lyricist. His "double entendres" are so ham handed, he makes Brian Johnson look coy. And it's the love songs, like Why Can't This Be Love, Love Walks In, Can't Stop Loving You, that hurt the Sammy-era's image with DLR-era fans.
  • Like 1

Since Dave can't sing his way out of a paper bag these days and looks like a creepy Soupy Sales, they are better off with a guy who still has chops.

DLR is so washed up its not funny...its pathetic and sad.

He was never able to sing live FFS. The Us Fest performance was worse than ANY performance in 2012 or 2015. Guess what? It didn't matter back then.

Stop being so nitpicking

I ain't nit picking shit, DLR is definitely worse now. WAY worse. I saw him on Woman and Children First and he was credible. Now he talks his way through the songs, and he can't even do that well.

• Like 3

Just tried listening to the Carnal Knowledge album. Haven't heard it in years. I had to turn it off midway through Runaround.

They're just not for you then. That's probably the best Van Hagar album.

Its the heaviest yes, don't agree that it was all that great though. Best VHagar for me was OU812.

• Like 2

Just tried listening to the Carnal Knowledge album. Haven't heard it in years. I had to turn it off midway through Runaround.

They're just not for you then. That's probably the best Van Hagar album.

Its the heaviest yes, don't agree that it was all that great though. Best VHagar for me was OU812.

I like that one too.

• Like 2