Lita Ford vs Joan Jett vs Cherie Currie

YYZumbi

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think make it best as a solo artist after they left The Runaways?

Joan Jett.

Couldn't care less about the other two. Lita Ford was average eye candy and not much else.

Joan Jett has some classic tunes and was a major star for a very good reason. Iconic.

• Like 2

Joan Jett.

Couldn't care less about the other two. Lita Ford was average eye candy and not much else.

Joan Jett has some classic tunes and was a major star for a very good reason. Iconic.

What about Close My Eyes Forever? Kiss Me Deadly? Dancin´ On The Edge? I say those are classic tunes as well.

• Like 1

Joan Jett.

What about Close My Eyes Forever? Kiss Me Deadly? Dancin´ On The Edge? I say those are classic tunes as well.

We're talking about who made it bigger not which one you like better. It's really no contest. Joan was a huge star and Lita had a couple minor songs with the biggest being a duet with Ozzy which only reached number 8.

Ah Zumbi, you doomed your woman with your own question! :LOL:

Ancient Ways explained it already. So yeah, there is no question due to the question phrasing.

I suppose you could make another thread and ask, "Who is your favorite...". Lita would still probably lose but it wouldn't be as big as a slaughter. :LOL:

Ah shut up :(

I dont understand how she can lose this so much :(

• Like 1

Ancient Ways explained it already. So yeah, there is no question due to the question phrasing.

I suppose you could make another thread and ask, "Who is your favorite...". Lita would still probably lose but it wouldn't be as big as a slaughter. :LOL:

Aw, be nice to Mr Blaze. He's a good guy. He didn't mean to give you a sad face.

Maybe LF had some chart action in Europe that some of us aren't aware of.

For a guy who grew up in the 70s/80s, Joan Jett was the one who was on the radio and had popular videos.

But, yeah, Lita is hotter!

And probably has more blood alcohol content.

And before you get a sad face, watch this:

She seems half-loaded in her beach scenes, but whatever.

Warning: JJ is not in this and she did not approve the use of any of her music, so Lita has the soundtrack pretty much to herself.

That should give you a happy face!

:)

best wishes,

vt

I think Joan Jett is hotter than Lita Ford.

Lita Ford has a rough face...I think she looks like a trans...not being mean she just looks trashy and she tries too hard to look edgy.

Joan Jett just looks sincere and always herself.

• Like 1

Lita Ford has a rough face...I think she looks like a trans...not being mean she just looks trashy and she tries too hard to look edgy.

'Sincere' is great word to describe Joan. She's a straight up badass rocker and people saw right away her sincerity. She was being herself, a no bullshit, I just wanna rock person. That's one of the big reasons she got popular immediately after The Runaways ended and Lita didn't. Joan had an individual look and sound that connected with people.

Lita on the other hand only ended up becoming famous because she turned up the sexuality in the Kiss Me Deadly video. She was really going nowhere for almost a decade before that. Sure, it's a good song but that doesn't change the fact that once the novelty of "hey this hot chick is dancing like a stripper in this video" wore off there wasn't much substance behind her. She always seemed more manufactured (Segue put it well by saying she tries too hard) and never really stood for anything like Joan did/still does.

Individuality goes a long way in music and that's why so many think Joan Jett is better than Lita Ford.

Edited by J2112YYZ

'Sincere' is great word to describe Joan. She's a straight up badass rocker and people saw right away her sincerity. She was being herself, a no bullshit, I just wanna rock person. That's one of the big reasons she got popular immediately after The Runaways ended and Lita didn't. Joan had an individual look and sound that connected with people.

Lita on the other hand only ended up becoming famous because she turned up the sexuality in the Kiss Me Deadly video. She was really going nowhere for almost a decade before that. Sure, it's a good song but that doesn't change the fact that once the novelty of "hey this hot chick is dancing like a stripper in this video" wore off there wasn't much substance behind her. She always seemed more manufactured (Segue put it well by saying she tries too hard) and never really stood for anything like Joan did/still does.

Individuality goes a long way in music and that's why so many think Joan Jett is better than Lita Ford.

I honestly think Lita Ford is exceptionally uninteresting. If I want to listen to this sort of artist...if I really want to (and to be honest I don't), Doro Pesch is better.

• Like 1

And the Kiss Me Deadly video...

As trashy as Nicki Minaj...and the song is way less interesting.

She just looks like she got a bad stylist and said "make me a rock chick" and POOF it happened.

She looks like a polished old tart.

And her music is awful.

Absolutely nothing to write home about. I think the female metal singers and rock singers of the past twenty years have done a lot to give a genuine feminine touch to metal and most have done so without trying to appeal to teen boys.

Lita Ford is just gross. And her body language in her videos looks so desperate. Nicole Sherzinger she is not.

• Like 1

You make me laugh. These are facts. You might as well be asking who had a more successful solo career, Paul McCartney or Geddy Lee. There's no debate. People don't like Lita as much as you like Lita, so what?

• Like 1

She just looks like she got a bad stylist and said "make me a rock chick" and POOF it happened.

And her music is awful.

Absolutely nothing to write home about. I think the female metal singers and rock singers of the past twenty years have done a lot to give a genuine feminine touch to metal and most have done so without trying to appeal to teen boys.

Lita Ford is just gross. And her body language in her videos looks so desperate. Nicole Sherzinger she is not.

That's a little rough. I'm not a huge fan of Lita or that "look" but she had something undeniably sexy going on there IMO. Different strokes and all...

And her music is awful.

Admit it, you enjoy making Zumbi sob.

"She looks like a polished old tart" & "Lita Ford is just gross" :LOL:

• Like 1