Why another 2212 remastered version

rugen

* Starman Turntable Mat

What's a turntable mat?

This is the best photo I could find of one. The turntable itself is metal-the steel rotating part with the dots around the edge. You wouldn't put your vinyl on just that, so they come with a floppy rubber mat (the one here says Audio-technica) that sits on top of them and that is where you actually put your record. (OK, the one in the photo might be felt fabric . . .)

I grew up with stereos/vinyl/turntables and never even thought of the mat as being a separate thing; I've never even thought about it until your question. Kind of a genius marketing move on someone's part ! :D

There are lots of "audiophile" mats made from cork, carbon fiber, and all manner of things that people believe improve the sound of their records. It's akin to religion because you have to have faith due to the FACT that there is no scientific evidence or measurements to prove it.

• Like 1

* Starman Turntable Mat

What's a turntable mat?

This is the best photo I could find of one. The turntable itself is metal-the steel rotating part with the dots around the edge. You wouldn't put your vinyl on just that, so they come with a floppy rubber mat (the one here says Audio-technica) that sits on top of them and that is where you actually put your record. (OK, the one in the photo might be felt fabric . . .)

I grew up with stereos/vinyl/turntables and never even thought of the mat as being a separate thing; I've never even thought about it until your question. Kind of a genius marketing move on someone's part ! :D

There are lots of "audiophile" mats made from cork, carbon fiber, and all manner of things that people believe improve the sound of their records. It's akin to religion because you have to have faith due to the FACT that there is no scientific evidence or measurements to prove it.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what the Starman mat is made out of, then, when it comes out. It seemed like back in the day most people I knew were into their speakers and receivers being good quality, but didn't get as far as the "turntable mat". :)

Edited by blueschica

Not certain if I will get this. I have the album on vinyl & CD. The part about the footage from a 1976 concert at the Capital Theatre interests me however. If its just one song it may not tempt me enough. If its a good portion of a show, now thats an entire different matter.

If it was basically ATWAS (or at least most of it) on DVD, in decent quality, than I would definitely contribute to the guys retirement fun and buy this.

Here is the link to the whole 1976 concert on Youtube if you are interested in a preview (or not!) before you buy it. I can't remember how to post a spoiler, so I just posted it as a link instead of an actual video right here. That way , it's up to you if you want to see it or have it be a surprise when you buy the new release. It's 35 minutes long; and it was filmed in b/w and a little grainy due to the lighting. The info does say "newly restored" video and audio, though, so maybe they were able to help that some??

Anyway, see it somewhere, IT IS AWESOME. All 3 are young and full of so much energy, and Geddy's voice is fantastic. He and Alex still do some of the thing where they sync their moves together on stage and it is great to watch. Hope this helped a little. :)

• Like 1

The video portion of that set is the only thing that is worth adding to my Rush collection, but it's rather short and I am not sure they could improve the picture quality that much to pay 45$ for this.

* Starman Turntable Mat

What's a turntable mat?

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/3321302ld.jpg

I have this turntable, word of advice, get a herbies turntable mat. its like $70 but so worth it. its like foam, but its a perfect mat and makes your record sound so much bette.r and doesn't stick at all..

• Like 1

Someone needs to remaster that voice a little lower in the mix.

Never !!!! :geddy: ;) Signed, Fan of Geddy's voice forever . . . . .

Right on!

The bit at 27:36 kills me every time:

http://youtu.be/VrBWZscNR18

"My spirits are low in the depths of despair, my lieeeefblood...whooo lawd!...spills OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo...vaaaaaa!" :D :rfl: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

* Starman Turntable Mat

What's a turntable mat?

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/3321302ld.jpg

I have this turntable, word of advice, get a herbies turntable mat. its like $70 but so worth it. its like foam, but its a perfect mat and makes your record sound so much bette.r and doesn't stick at all..

If you take a green magic marker and go around the rim of a cd, it sounds so much better-------lmao
  • Like 1

Right on!

The bit at 27:36 kills me every time:

http://youtu.be/VrBWZscNR18

"My spirits are low in the depths of despair, my lieeeefblood...whooo lawd!...spills OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo...vaaaaaa!" :D :rfl: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yes, :wub: :wub: ! Thanks for pointing that part out! This set is going to be on my Christmas list, to get this on DVD, even though I already have it from the traveling HD. Can't have too much early Geddy !

• Like 1

2CD and 3LP highlights:

* Original Album Remastered at Abbey Road Studios - First Time on CD

* 5 Newly Recorded Covers from Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nick Raskulinecz, Billy Talent, Steven Wilson, Alice In Chains, Jacob Moon

* Live Archive Outtakes from MASSEY HALL 1976

DVD Features:

* Newly Restored Video & Audio of CAPITOL THEATRE 1976 Concert

* In Studio Performances by BILLY TALENT and

* Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nick Raskulinecz

* 25+ Minute New Interview with ALEX LIFESON and TERRY BROWN

Vinyl Extras:

* 2015 Red Star Vinyl Hologram

* Red Star + Circuit Board Vinyl Image Etching on Side Six

* Starman Turntable Mat

Super Deluxe Extras (includes 2CD/DVD and 3LP sets)

* Hugh Syme's Original Starman Pencil Sketch Litho

* Massey Hall June 1976 Ticket Stub Litho

* Massey Hall June 1976 Handbill

* Three Collector Buttons

* First 1,000 fans will get an exclusive THE TWILIGHT ZON

https://www.amazon.c...=rushisaband-20

There are also 2212 limited editions that come with free baggie samples from

Bogota,Jamaica,Acapulco,Morocco,Bangkok,Lebanon,Afghanistan and Kathmandu

Not certain if I will get this. I have the album on vinyl & CD. The part about the footage from a 1976 concert at the Capital Theatre interests me however. If its just one song it may not tempt me enough. If its a good portion of a show, now thats an entire different matter.

If it was basically ATWAS (or at least most of it) on DVD, in decent quality, than I would definitely contribute to the guys retirement fun and buy this.

Here is the link to the whole 1976 concert on Youtube if you are interested in a preview (or not!) before you buy it. I can't remember how to post a spoiler, so I just posted it as a link instead of an actual video right here. That way , it's up to you if you want to see it or have it be a surprise when you buy the new release. It's 35 minutes long; and it was filmed in b/w and a little grainy due to the lighting. The info does say "newly restored" video and audio, though, so maybe they were able to help that some??

Anyway, see it somewhere, IT IS AWESOME. All 3 are young and full of so much energy, and Geddy's voice is fantastic. He and Alex still do some of the thing where they sync their moves together on stage and it is great to watch. Hope this helped a little. :)

This show is classic for so many reasons .. Pure Rush

thank you, we haven't got a lot of time tonight so what we'd like to do is play a 20 minute song

:LOL:

• Like 1

I assume he was being sarcastic.

I don't need any more copies either. One is enough. I'll buy a new one when mine is beaten to hell and can't be played anymore.

• Like 1

Billy Talent?

I guess they are only invited as they are Canadian...but...I dunno...the high pitched vocals might work but what an odd lineup for those covers.

I won't be buying this. Very confused by the point of this release so soon after the last reissue.

Neil won't work anymore, still gotta make money.

I guess the disc of the covers realky doesnt excite me at all. Wouldnt mine having the vid but as others said its out there. Did like the shirt but this is prob a pass for me.

But i do look forward to seeing these rereleases to see what they come up with. Im sure i will get some at some point

I assume he was being sarcastic.

I don't need any more copies either. One is enough. I'll buy a new one when mine is beaten to hell and can't be played anymore.

Oh, I know he was; I should have made my wink a little bigger. I don't mind FG ribbing (this) devoted Geddy fan. :) But yes, the re re re issues and combinations are getting to be a lot, it's starting to remind me of the Beach Boys. :D (I love 'em but that's not a compliment.)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I just pre-ordered this one! I hope I am one of the first 1000!

I pre-ordered the deluxe box set + t-shirt

I am too lazy to look (well, not lazy, but I'm at work right now)- can you tell me what the price was?

I am too lazy to look (well, not lazy, but I'm at work right now)- can you tell me what the price was?

$161.68 including shipping for the Super Deluxe version, in Canada.

Yowza.

• Like 2

Yowza.

my exact thought. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Yowza.

Good grief! I could fly to Korea for that price!

• Like 3

What? Another 2112? You got a link to that?

https://shop.musicva...ter/5CZJ0000000

Free shipping if you use the discount code RUSH2112 ;)

I'd love to have that new 7 inch, (have an original) and the art and the bonus live stuff. Unfortunately, that package is not on the menu, so I'll settle for the regular CD/DVD at some point.