2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

:banghead: :banghead: The Caps finally showed up and won over the Pens, 4-2. Crosby was cleared and played tonight. but Fleury had trouble and suddenly the series is 3-2. :( :(

:banghead: :banghead: The Caps finally showed up and won over the Pens, 4-2. Crosby was cleared and played tonight. but Fleury had trouble and suddenly the series is 3-2. :( :(

All series are 3-2. Nailbiters!

• Like 1

Nashville beats St.Louis 3-1. Predators eliminate the Blues 4-2.

Nice way to celebrate 50 years of existence. But of course, they've been doing that every season. Also, I wonder how Anaheim feels about another game 7 at home... :16ton:
  • Like 1

Nice way to celebrate 50 years of existence. But of course, they've been doing that every season. Also, I wonder how Anaheim feels about another game 7 at home... :16ton:

wtf is up with Bernier, he can't stop shit tonight.
  • Like 1

wtf is up with Bernier, he can't stop shit tonight.

We shouldn't think of Bernier as some kind of show stopper. Gibson has been useful for the Ducks this season, but the way Oilers can execute on home ice tonight, game 7 here we come, no matter who tends the Anaheim goal.
  • Like 2

Well, that was a spanking. Ducks have not done well in this scenario before.

But then again, spankings can also come back to bite the spanker.

Wait, what is this thread about again?

Who do the Ducks put in net for game 7? Bernier does not seem to do well under pressure, so I guess they'd stick with Gibson.

Wow, I didn't expect to see that, but that's the fun of playoff hockey - pretty much anything can happen!

Go Canada! :LOL:

• Like 2

Well, that was a spanking. Ducks have not done well in this scenario before.

But then again, spankings can also come back to bite the spanker.

Wait, what is this thread about again?

Who do the Ducks put in net for game 7? Bernier does not seem to do well under pressure, so I guess they'd stick with Gibson.

Wow, I didn't expect to see that, but that's the fun of playoff hockey - pretty much anything can happen!

Go Canada! :LOL:

:smoke:

A game seven should be a classic if the Caps hold on.

4-0 with 8 minutes to go in the third.

Only the Leafs of a few years ago could blow a lead like that. :LOL:

5-0

Please, 5-2 !! :LOL: :LOL: Pens definitely had trouble getting the puck into the scoring end of the ice tonight! Hopefully the two late goals will give them a little momentum going into game 7. ( oh please please please . . . . . .)

• Like 2

5-0

Please, 5-2 !! :LOL: :LOL: Pens definitely had trouble getting the puck into the scoring end of the ice tonight! Hopefully the two late goals will give them a little momentum going into game 7. ( oh please please please . . . . . .)

I was thinking the same thing about those two late goals. Also, in the last three games, Penguins are playing better without Crosby than when he's in the line-up, so maybe...just kidding. NBC would have a heart attack. :drool:
  • Like 1

5-0

I was thinking the same thing about those two late goals. Also, in the last three games, Penguins are playing better without Crosby than when he's in the line-up, so maybe...just kidding. NBC would have a heart attack. :drool:

Pierre McGuire would have a sad without Sidney around. :(

• Like 2

I just want to remind everyone that the Capitals are 0-5000 in game 7's soooooooooooo.

The Pens are finished. They just look beaten to the extreme both physically and mentally. If the Caps lose this one, they are pathetic.

Don't remind me. I remember getting home from work and watching that nightmare!! :madra:

• Like 1

73 may just be celebrating tonight. I didn't think Ottawa had the fire power to get as far as they did, being a more defensive team, but somehow they're getting it done.
  • Like 1

73 may just be celebrating tonight. I didn't think Ottawa had the fire power to get as far as they did, being a more defensive team, but somehow they're getting it done.

I'll celebrate when it's over. But I do love a good underdog story, and the Sens, Leafs and Oilers have been good stories this year.

• Like 4