2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

:ebert: GO PENS !!! :ebert: I wasn't sure what would happen tonight, after game six. It seemed like the Pens lost a lot of momentum after Crosby's concussion, but they sure came back in full force tonight. Wow !! And Fleury being amazing is, well, amazing. The Caps and Ovechkin have to be feeling snakebit after the great season they had. I (almost) feel bad for them . . . . ;)

http://i.imgur.com/ClvJIxy.jpg

f**k the Caps.

Little bitches.

Why are you so angry?

You must be lots of fun at parties.

Have a drink and relax for f***s sake!

:laughing guy:

Not angry. Why would you think that? Just commenting. Lighten up Francis. You don't have to claim someone else is angry because your team sucks.

f**k the Caps.

Little bitches.

Why are you so angry?

You must be lots of fun at parties.

That's the second time someone's said that to him in this thread. I'm sensing a pattern.

Well some people are just miserable I guess.

How can I be miserable when Sid crushed those punks? I'm a happy dude...

Truth be told i really don't care if the Pens win, as my days of being a sports fan who gets emotionally involved are long gone.

I just like to stick up for Sid as the amount of hate and anger directed towards him by loser fans is ridiculous.

I told all of you.

Don't ever doubt my hockey knowledge!!

LOL

Sorry TSS. Oddly, I blame Ovechkin for that first Pingu goal. He was right there.

I hate rooting for Phaneuf (another dirty player who is also a whiner IMO) but that's where we are I guess.

I told all of you.

LOL

Sorry TSS. Oddly, I blame Ovechkin for that first Pingu goal. He was right there.

I hate rooting for Phaneuf (another dirty player who is also a whiner IMO) but that's where we are I guess.

What's your beef with the Penguins? Or are you one of those people that root against the best teams?

I told all of you.

LOL

Definitely his fault. He was on ice for both goals. Mike Milbury made the statement last night that "he (Ovechkin) tries hard but might not be heady enough to make big game decisions..." and I cannot disagree with that assessment.

It's time for them to blow up the team but unfortunately with some of the contracts they have they will have to struggle for the next few years.

At any point, after 35 years of following hockey and the Capitals I have, over the last several seasons, slowly become more of a hockey fan than I am a Capitals fan. I didn't take the loss hard at all and in fact, I called it and had it on my bracket that I filled out weeks ago. Ottawa and the Hawks really f***ed me though!! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a Senators-Ducks final. Unrealistic though it might be.

Me too. The league is probably apoplectic about the possibility that the Senators win the East and plays either of the two Western Conference teams though.

I think the Sens pushing through would be a great story. Canadian team and a huge underdog? Only a communist c***sucker couldn't get behind that! :LOL: Edited by thesweetscience

My predictions for the Conference Finals (series):

Senators 4, Penguins 2

Penguins can't get to the Stanley Cup back-to-back, can they? In addition to this, the Penguins almost choked on a 3-1 lead against the Capitals, a team that barely beat the Toronto Maple Leafs. That series score was 4-2, but if you look at the big picture that series was even in pretty much everything. The Senators have had to play some tough teams to get to the Conference Finals; and I'm not saying the Capitals aren't a good team but the Senators have had to get past some pretty good goalkeepers. If the Senators can get past Lundqvist and Rask, they can get past Fleury. I think this is going to go a lot like the NLCS last year (MLB), where the Penguins will take games 1 and 3 and the Senators will take games 2, 4, 5, and 6.

Predators 4, Ducks 3

The Ducks aren't a bad team, but any team that can lose a game 7-1 is not capable of going to the Stanley Cup Finals. I also say this because I am a Kings fan so I have a bit of a bias against the Ducks. The Predators have had one helluva journey to get where they're at right now, having swept the Blackhawks and being the first team to advance to the Conference Finals against the Blues. The Oilers really put a lot of pressure on the Ducks, and this is a case where a team had to play their heart out just to get to the next round, only to find themselves tired out after that incredible series. I say the Predators take games 1, 2, 4, and 7 while the Ducks take games 3, 5, and 6.

• Like 2

I told all of you.

LOL

What's your beef with the Penguins? Or are you one of those people that root against the best teams?

We went over this. I don't like Crosby, because I think he's a dirty player who whines about other players doing the same things he does, regardless of how skilled he is.

• Like 3

Senators 4, Penguins 2

Penguins can't get to the Stanley Cup back-to-back, can they? In addition to this, the Penguins almost choked on a 3-1 lead against the Capitals, a team that barely beat the Toronto Maple Leafs. That series score was 4-2, but if you look at the big picture that series was even in pretty much everything. The Senators have had to play some tough teams to get to the Conference Finals; and I'm not saying the Capitals aren't a good team but the Senators have had to get past some pretty good goalkeepers. If the Senators can get past Lundqvist and Rask, they can get past Fleury. I think this is going to go a lot like the NLCS last year (MLB), where the Penguins will take games 1 and 3 and the Senators will take games 2, 4, 5, and 6.

That's bold!

Murray was backing up Flower last night. If Flower wavers he will get yanked.

• Like 2

Senators 4, Penguins 2

Predators 4, Ducks 3

The Ducks aren't a bad team, but any team that can lose a game 7-1 is not capable of going to the Stanley Cup Finals. I also say this because I am a Kings fan so I have a bit of a bias against the Ducks. The Predators have had one helluva journey to get where they're at right now, having swept the Blackhawks and being the first team to advance to the Conference Finals against the Blues. The Oilers really put a lot of pressure on the Ducks, and this is a case where a team had to play their heart out just to get to the next round, only to find themselves tired out after that incredible series. I say the Predators take games 1, 2, 4, and 7 while the Ducks take games 3, 5, and 6.

I hope you're right about the East. But let's not go too far about Rask. He is notorious for failing to show up when the Bruins most need it. I"m still angry at him about the 2013 finals. 1:30 away from forcing a game 7 and he lets up not only the game tying goal but the series ending goal.

• Like 2

Senators 4, Penguins 2

Predators 4, Ducks 3

I hope you're right about the East. But let's not go too far about Rask. He is notorious for failing to show up when the Bruins most need it. I"m still angry at him about the 2013 finals. 1:30 away from forcing a game 7 and he lets up not only the game tying goal but the series ending goal.

That was brutal.
  • Like 2

the Penguins almost choked on a 3-1 lead against the Capitals,

^^^ This. Tony wins, the rest of you lose. "Pay dat man his money!" Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

I told all of you.

LOL

We went over this. I don't like Crosby, because I think he's a dirty player who whines about other players doing the same things he does, regardless of how skilled he is.

Which is why he is sometimes referred to as Cindy Crosby.
  • Like 1

Senators 4, Penguins 2

That's bold!

Murray was backing up Flower last night. If Flower wavers he will get yanked.

Yeah, I was glad to see that Murray was back and dressed last night. Fleury has been amazing, but that's unusual for Playoff Fleury (I hope it continues, though!) I don't think the Pens choked when the series was 3-1 as much as just took a breath from being so beat up and missing Letang and Murray for the early rounds of the playoffs. Not sure what the Pens will be like playing the Senators- I really think the big series for them was beating the Caps. And poor Caps- they were like Greg Norman last night- cloud of past history hanging so heavy over them that the Pens could have been a high school team and I think they might have still had a good shot at winning . . . .

• Like 1