Has anyone seen Batman v Superman?

ReRushed

MoS was on last night and my wife wanted to watch it as she never saw it before... I thought it was terrible when I first saw it, but after BvS, I agree with JB - it wasn't as nearly as bad as BvS.

I did find it funny that he needed to scream to fly faster :LOL:

Man Of Steel is my favourite Superman film ever...and the only reason I haven't lost interest in them altogether...

Seeing the Lex character is getting panned by nearly everyone... who would you have liked to see play Lex?

My wife asked me this last night, and it didn't take me long to come up with my gut choice.... Mark Strong. He played a great bad guy in Sherlock Holmes, and even though the movie wasn't great, I liked his role in John Carter quite a bit. Likely wasn't even considered seeing he was Sinestro

Seeing the Lex character is getting panned by nearly everyone... who would you have liked to see play Lex?

My wife asked me this last night, and it didn't take me long to come up with my gut choice.... Mark Strong. He played a great bad guy in Sherlock Holmes, and even though the movie wasn't great, I liked his role in John Carter quite a bit. Likely wasn't even considered seeing he was Sinestro

Apparently, Bryan Cranston was up for the role then Zack Snyder changed his mind.

Apparently, Bryan Cranston was up for the role then Zack Snyder changed his mind.

I wouldn't have minded Tim Whatley as Lex!

I like the Mark Strong choice. Strong previously being Sinestro I don't think really mattered as they were probably wanting someone young(er).

Still though, I'm not sure it would've mattered who was chosen IF Zack Snyder were directing like this...

Snyder: Ok Jesse [Eisenberg], I need you to play Lex more twerpy.

Jesse: ((acts twerpy))

Snyder: More douche!!!

Jesse: ((acts more douchy))

Snyder: And more whine!!!!

Edited...because of my previous Bryan Cranston comment. I mistook him for someone else. So yeah, I think he would've been fine.

Or another bald guy that might've been ok is that guy who was Yellowjacket in Ant-Man. He's not too young but not old either...probably late 30s-early 40s. And he's not some little scrawny guy either. Lex is no bruiser but he's also not a runt like Eisenberg.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Again, what a hack. I don't even mind Eisenberg in general and I also don't mind an odd casting choice on the surface that surprises people and works (like Michael Keaton as Batman, a GINORMOUSLY unpopular move at the time)...but this was three whiffs and you're out. Big time strike out.

Of everyone that has played him, I loved the Lex in Smallville

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QfGyRuh1bpw/TWIIK8st8hI/AAAAAAAAAN0/2Zf2N8rPFSU/s320/Smallville_MichaelRosenbaum.jpg

Of everyone that has played him, I loved the Lex in Smallville

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QfGyRuh1bpw/TWIIK8st8hI/AAAAAAAAAN0/2Zf2N8rPFSU/s320/Smallville_MichaelRosenbaum.jpg

Yes! The best Luthor of them all. My favourite as well!!

I think people are dismissing Affleck too easily. He's actually turned his career around recently like Matthew Mcconaughey. No more Rom-com's but they're both starting to do more serious roles. Affleck was really good in The Town and Argo.

I think people are dismissing Affleck too easily. He's actually turned his career around recently like Matthew Mcconaughey. No more Rom-com's but they're both starting to do more serious roles. Affleck was really good in The Town and Argo.

As well as Saving Private Ryan and Good Will Hunting. :ebert:

Affleck was one of the strongest components of BvS. I was very wary going in, but was pleasantly surprised by him

Affleck was one of the strongest components of BvS. I was very wary going in, but was pleasantly surprised by him

Affleck was very good. Surprised the hell out of me. And he had great chemistry with Jeremy Irons. A solo-Batman has potential.

• Like 1

Affleck was very good. Surprised the hell out of me. And he had great chemistry with Jeremy Irons. A solo-Batman has potential.

I heard Affleck may be directing a future Batman film

• Like 1

I think that would be tremendous. With what I saw in BvS and what I've seen out of movies he's directed, no way it can be worse that the current dumbass directing.

I think that would be tremendous. With what I saw in BvS and what I've seen out of movies he's directed, no way it can be worse that the current dumbass directing.

Apparently, a script is already written.

Ben Affleck is no different to the majority of actors whose career is patchy.

I think some just like to be bitch because they were looking for a reason to hate on him prior to actually having reason to hate on him, because he was once tabloid fodder and everyone looks for reasons to hate on then.

I am really pleased his performance has been praised. After his excellent work in directing, I had high hopes he would impress with his Batman. And considering his poor performances in the past have let him and his reputation down, I had faith he was cast for a good reason.

I still have yet to see this. Sadly, the desire to see it has disappeared for now.

Apparently, a script is already written.

Didn't know all that about a solo script being apparently written. I did see something a few days ago about it tentatively being released in 2020 AFTER all the other solo DC & Justice League flicks. 4 years away is a long time and if those preceding movies bomb then it could plans for change everything. These movies are coming fast as Wonder Woman then Justice League 1 are both out next year.

But yeah, Affleck & Irons could work in a solo Bat flick. They worked well together in this movie at least.

Affleck was in Saving Private Ryan?

No, his boyfriend was.

• Like 1

No, he's often confused with his brother Matt "Damon" Affleck.

I saw "Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" in 3-D in theatres, and I liked it. Edited by Derek19