Jump to content


Hello, It's Me......

ORFie

  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 10 December 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 10 December 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 10 December 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 09 December 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Gayest song ever

I hope you're referring to a song about men being attracted to other men, because that's what "gay" means.  "Gay" is not an insult or an epithet so please do not use it as such.  Doing so labels you as a hateful bigot, and we don't need any(more) of those around here.
No it doesn't. You may be on the progressive leading edge of political correctness but that doesn't mean everybody is ready to follow. Ed may be totally onboard with equality and still choose smack talk he's grown up with. Not every objectionable word is the new n*****.

The term "political correctness" doesn't even enter into this.  If you use the word "gay" as anything resembling an insult you are verbalizing prejudice against homosexuals.  There is no world in which this is even remotely okay.

SEE???  SHE GETS IT!!! :D :clap: :) :) :) :wub: :banana:

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42280 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

:wub:   Peace and love to you too!  From one old hippie to another.  :lol: :hi:

#23 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 10 December 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 10 December 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 10 December 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 10 December 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 09 December 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Gayest song ever

I hope you're referring to a song about men being attracted to other men, because that's what "gay" means.  "Gay" is not an insult or an epithet so please do not use it as such.  Doing so labels you as a hateful bigot, and we don't need any(more) of those around here.
No it doesn't. You may be on the progressive leading edge of political correctness but that doesn't mean everybody is ready to follow. Ed may be totally onboard with equality and still choose smack talk he's grown up with. Not every objectionable word is the new n*****.

The term "political correctness" doesn't even enter into this.  If you use the word "gay" as anything resembling an insult you are verbalizing prejudice against homosexuals.  There is no world in which this is even remotely okay.

SEE???  SHE GETS IT!!! :D :clap: :) :) :) :wub: :banana:
I'm not going to get into a lengthy debate over this. Ed can defend himself if chooses. I rarely use "gay" or "fag" anymore in trash talk. I've mostly moved on. This is not the hill I want to die on.

Gay is not the first or last word to have multiple meanings or meaning morph over time. For at least a few generations the word has been used to criticize a noun in a light humorous trash talking way. In our current social climate I'm a bit sensitive to speech being limited. To people being told "you can't say that it is offensive".  Ralph Peters is a media military expert who called president Obama a pussy. I thought that was beneath the dignity of the office. I wouldn't have used that word on live TV in reference to the president but if someone wants to use "pussy" I'm not going to tell them they can't because it might offend someone with a vagina.

#24 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32239 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

When someone uses the word "gay" in a negative manner, more often than not it has some form of homosexual connotation. Like "this is bad, like gay bad".

Tony R is the worst culprit on this forum, so not sure why anything in this thread has particularly started a poopstorm, when far worse has been said elsewhere by him.

Still confused as to why he attacked me over that bizarre argument, which apparently proved I was transgender or something like that.

Just gotta move on and let the trolls troll.

#25 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 10 December 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 10 December 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 10 December 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 10 December 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 10 December 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 09 December 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Gayest song ever

I hope you're referring to a song about men being attracted to other men, because that's what "gay" means.  "Gay" is not an insult or an epithet so please do not use it as such.  Doing so labels you as a hateful bigot, and we don't need any(more) of those around here.
No it doesn't. You may be on the progressive leading edge of political correctness but that doesn't mean everybody is ready to follow. Ed may be totally onboard with equality and still choose smack talk he's grown up with. Not every objectionable word is the new n*****.

The term "political correctness" doesn't even enter into this.  If you use the word "gay" as anything resembling an insult you are verbalizing prejudice against homosexuals.  There is no world in which this is even remotely okay.

SEE???  SHE GETS IT!!! :D :clap: :) :) :) :wub: :banana:
I'm not going to get into a lengthy debate over this. Ed can defend himself if chooses. I rarely use "gay" or "fag" anymore in trash talk. I've mostly moved on. This is not the hill I want to die on.

Gay is not the first or last word to have multiple meanings or meaning morph over time. For at least a few generations the word has been used to criticize a noun in a light humorous trash talking way. In our current social climate I'm a bit sensitive to speech being limited. To people being told "you can't say that it is offensive".  Ralph Peters is a media military expert who called president Obama a pussy. I thought that was beneath the dignity of the office. I wouldn't have used that word on live TV in reference to the president but if someone wants to use "pussy" I'm not going to tell them they can't because it might offend someone with a vagina.

Yeah, I expected this...sometimes I say stuff even though I know what I'll get back.  I'm the same way with words...I'm really a purist when it comes to 'changing' the way certain words get run over and 'apropriated' by sections of the society, GAY is one such term.  I don't know why these people decided they needed the word equated to homosexual behavior rather than being extremely 'frolicky' which the term used to be used for up until these folks deemed the Term was going to represent their sexual life style.  I was REALLY PISSED about that.  I was raised a 'christian' by my parents, Nazarene in denomination, until the age of 19, when I decided to 'explore'.This is when the 'political correctness started to bug me.  I liked the word GAY as it used to be used, like 'Happy and Gay',  'Gay Nineties' and such....things that disappeared in the 21st century...(And YES I used to like to go to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlours for that 'feeling' you got from the wait staff dressing up in that style).  I know not being able to use 'comfortable words' like this term is offensive to some, but I think ANY word used to HURT someone should be ERADICATED from the lexicon......(My Opinion)

View PostSegue Myles, on 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

When someone uses the word "gay" in a negative manner, more often than not it has some form of homosexual connotation. Like "this is bad, like gay bad".

Tony R is the worst culprit on this forum, so not sure why anything in this thread has particularly started a poopstorm, when far worse has been said elsewhere by him.

Still confused as to why he attacked me over that bizarre argument, which apparently proved I was transgender or something like that.

Just gotta move on and let the trolls troll.

Yeah, it doesn't help to get too embroiled with trolls, Haters gonna Hate, Trollers gonna Troll.  It's what makes 'em happy....go figure.

#26 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32239 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

Besides, his vulgarity only went on to prove his worth.

Woop woop!

Anyway, OldRUSHfan, you are a really cool and confident man to be able to say what you have said. If you leave this place I am dragging you back.

#27 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

This place is fine with me!  Most of you people are great!!!  I really haven't found anybody negatively motivated at all...ed?

#28 edhunter

edhunter

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1732 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:59 AM

I've got one moron on ignore. Everyone else seems to be ok...

#29 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

Yes.  It seems I DO know you from CP.....

#30 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

View Postedhunter, on 11 December 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

I've got one moron on ignore. Everyone else seems to be ok...

I hope I'm not being dense in this, but could you PM me?  I don't really like 'hating' someone because I've miss judged them.  Thanks, ahead of time!  :codger: :huh:

#31 edhunter

edhunter

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1732 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

ATW

#32 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Why am I NOT surprized? Your posting style seemed so familiar...Well, You're Ok as far as I'm concerned, so, good to see you here!

#33 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69712 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

View Postedhunter, on 11 December 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

I've got one moron on ignore. Everyone else seems to be ok...
Well, I guess that answers the question as to whether you can put yourself on ignore...

#34 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32239 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 11 December 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 11 December 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

I've got one moron on ignore. Everyone else seems to be ok...
Well, I guess that answers the question as to whether you can put yourself on ignore...

Ooh...

SICK BURN DUDE!

#35 Verena

Verena

    Mood Lifter

  • Members *
  • 15612 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Six Stars Of The Northern Cross

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 10 December 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

This place is fine with me!  Most of you people are great!!!
I'm happy to read this. Have a nice stay, OldRUSHfan. :cheers:

#36 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79320 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

Yo, dude!  :hi:

#37 Chronos

Chronos

    Up the irons, down the Lagavulin!

  • Members *
  • 2782 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:On the edge, where the winds of limbo roar

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:32 AM

Turns out ORFie and I are about 30 miles apart, right down the highway! Right between us is the restaurant my daughter and her husband own, so hopefully I can treat him to lunch there one day!

Welcome to TRF.

#38 Boots

Boots

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3036 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:The Final Frontier
  • Interests:art, supernatural, Holy Trinity of Metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Opeth

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image

#39 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53762 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:02 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 11 December 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 11 December 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

I've got one moron on ignore. Everyone else seems to be ok...

I hope I'm not being dense in this, but could you PM me?  I don't really like 'hating' someone because I've miss judged them.  Thanks, ahead of time!  :codger: :huh:
^^^^ Member title achieved!!!!   "Miss Judge"!   :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

#40 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:28 PM

Okaaaaaaaaaay.... :banana:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users