Does any member of Rush have a TRF account?

DirkPrattLerxst

I doubt any of them have accounts here. though I'm willing to bet that Alex and Geddy (and possibly Neil) have lurked here as guests. How else to explain the TRF-pleasing the setlists on the past two tours? :D (Please, don't start naming spoilers as examples.)

I thought the same thing. There is no other way to explain it.

i will say no more. My lips are sealed. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'm actually Geddy's son's friend's uncle's brother's neice's sister-in-law's former room mate's coworker's great aunt's step-son's second cousin's son. I'm related to Geddy! :) :P

That's just stunning! :P

I doubt any of them have accounts here. though I'm willing to bet that Alex and Geddy (and possibly Neil) have lurked here as guests. How else to explain the TRF-pleasing the setlists on the past two tours? :D (Please, don't start naming spoilers as examples.)

I know for a fact they are at least aware of TRF. I got a set of sticks at at show a few years ago by one of their main security people. He came up to me just before the second set; he pointed at my shirt (my TRF shirt) and said "Nice shirt" and then handed me a pair of used sticks.

They know who we are and I would guess their security guys read the forum here and there to see what's being discussed.

• Like 5

Since you don't need an account to read most of the content here, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd come in and browsed at some point. No way would any of them have bothered to become a member though. They have far better things to do than secretly post about themselves on a fan forum.
  • Like 1

I need to find the article, but a few years ago I came across an interview with Geddy (I think it was Geddy - might have been Alex) in which he said the band and staff are aware of the various fan polls prior to tours. I think the context of the question was around "Entre Nous" on S&A and the entirety of Moving Pictures on Time Machine. It's not much of a leap of faith to think that if they bother to be aware of the polls, they consider certain songs when building their set lists. That said, I don't think the article implied anyone in the band specifically reviewed the sites (it would probably make more sense if their team did). Regardless, it appears, at least, they know of this and other sites.

• Like 1

So they should listen to me and play Tai Shan on repeat for three hours with endless drum solos in between.

And every time he sings the word China the firey blasts should go off.

"And BOOM sang to me"

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

I remember in the Rolling Stone article there was a bit they had about online fans after Geddy flubbed when talking about a certain song.

To keep it spoiler free:

During the show, Lee introduced the track "*********" as "a song we've never played live." "Ged is never wrong," says his brother — but in this case he was, flagrantly so: Not only had Rush played the song, as fans instantly pointed out online, it's on a live LP, *************. Lee can't quite believe he made this flub; perched on a couch, he begins looking up Rush trivia on his phone. "I f***ed up," he says, eventually. "I have no memory of ever playing '*******.' "

Lifeson takes on the voice of an aggrieved fan: "I f***ing hate these guys! They're liars!"

I suggest that Lee continue to tell crowds that they've never played the song, just to drive the fans nuts. He warms to the idea. "I should say, 'People are insisting we played this before — they're full of shit!' "

Lifeson does a Cartman-as-Geddy voice: "I'm Geddy Lee, and if I say we didn't play it before, we didn't play it before!"

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 3

I remember in the Rolling Stone article there was a bit they had about online fans after Geddy flubbed when talking about a certain song.

To keep it spoiler free:

During the show, Lee introduced the track "*********" as "a song we've never played live." "Ged is never wrong," says his brother — but in this case he was, flagrantly so: Not only had Rush played the song, as fans instantly pointed out online, it's on a live LP, *************. Lee can't quite believe he made this flub; perched on a couch, he begins looking up Rush trivia on his phone. "I f***ed up," he says, eventually. "I have no memory of ever playing '*******.' "

Lifeson takes on the voice of an aggrieved fan: "I f***ing hate these guys! They're liars!"

I suggest that Lee continue to tell crowds that they've never played the song, just to drive the fans nuts. He warms to the idea. "I should say, 'People are insisting we played this before — they're full of shit!' "

Lifeson does a Cartman-as-Geddy voice: "I'm Geddy Lee, and if I say we didn't play it before, we didn't play it before!"

On for goodness sake the tour is old news now. What song?

To keep it spoiler free:

On for goodness sake the tour is old news now. What song?

Wait till August