You Choose....

Narps

You're choice. Which albums would you prefer to listen to forever?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Studio albums only...

• Rush - Signals
    • The Rest. Everything after Signals. Grace - Clockwork

I will do better next time I promise.... :sigh:

For the record, Narps, I was not confused. I figured you meant "Rush" the debut, not a reminder of what band we're talking about!

• Like 1

For the record, Narps, I was not confused. I figured you meant "Rush" the debut, not a reminder of what band we're talking about!

:laughing guy: Thanks....

I initially read the poll as choice 1 being RUSH's Signals. So choice 2 was easy. After realizing that you mean the debut through Signals, choice 1 is an equally easy decision.

Some of us had a rough week with the Isles getting bounced and dealing with Rags fans...unwanted rivalries can be brutal.

Band dash album is very common format...google "rush signals"...see what results look like?

Anyhow, great poll Mr N, these always bring out great Rush discussion. please keep them coming!

• Like 1

I initially read the poll as choice 1 being RUSH's Signals. So choice 2 was easy. After realizing that you mean the debut through Signals, choice 1 is an equally easy decision.

I am beginning to develop a complex... :laughing guy: As I said I will try to better next time

Some of us had a rough week with the Isles getting bounced and dealing with Rags fans...unwanted rivalries can be brutal.

Band dash album is very common format...google "rush signals"...see what results look like?

Anyhow, great poll Mr N, these always bring out great Rush discussion. please keep them coming!

I am going to let this one simmer a bit and then up the stakes somewhat and I agree these types of threads seem to inspire great discussion and some of the best in this part of the forum... :cheers:

Just to clarify...the "Signals" choice isn't all the albums after and including Signals, it's Signals by itself, right? We're choosing between Signals alone, or every other Rush album except for Signals?

I thought it was pretty clear but I guess maybe not. You either get every album Rush - Signals or everything that came after. Grace Under Pressure - Clockwork Angels...

73, I thought the exact same thing, as if Rush's Signals vs everything after.

I guess it's our post Islanders malaise. It's been a rough week.

I honestly thought that this ( - ) symbol was pretty self explanatory. I fixed it umpteen times however so it hope it helped some at least... :)

"through"...or "thru" if you're feeling lazy.
  • Like 1

I can honestly see where the original confusion could have come from. My bad. Living and learning... :)

Just to clarify...the "Signals" choice isn't all the albums after and including Signals, it's Signals by itself, right? We're choosing between Signals alone, or every other Rush album except for Signals?

I thought it was pretty clear but I guess maybe not. You either get every album Rush - Signals or everything that came after. Grace Under Pressure - Clockwork Angels...

73, I thought the exact same thing, as if Rush's Signals vs everything after.

I guess it's our post Islanders malaise. It's been a rough week.

I honestly thought that this ( - ) symbol was pretty self explanatory. I fixed it umpteen times however so it hope it helped some at least... :)

"through"...or "thru" if you're feeling lazy.

It will be the latter most likely in the next go around. Thanks for the advice... :cheers:

I can honestly see where the original confusion could have come from. My bad. Living and learning... :)

Also for the record (not that anyone cares what I think overmuch!), if the poll had been Signals or the whole slew of albums after it, I still would have chosen Signals. The band's signals kept getting crossed too much after that one . . .

Also for the record (not that anyone cares what I think overmuch!), if the poll had been Signals or the whole slew of albums after it, I still would have chosen Signals. The band's signals kept getting crossed too much after that one . . .

I wouldn't go that far myself. I like and enjoy to much after it. Not very long after it mind you but after it just the same...

I think my take was from all the time spent in the "What Are You Listening To...?" thread in Music of the Spheres. Everyone posts using the format "band - song". :P
  • Like 2

I think my take was from all the time spent in the "What Are You Listening To...?" thread in Music of the Spheres. Everyone posts using the format "band - song". :P

Makes sense. I have taken your advice to heart already and will employ it as soon as the situation warrants... :)

Makes sense. I have taken your advice to heart already and will employ it as soon as the situation warrants... :)

Did somebody say "Warrant"? :notworthy:

• Like 2

That was unwarranted.

So glad I was hip deep in parenthood and work when all "that" was going on...

Also, L had a recent poll that was very focused on Signals, which made that album seem like it could have been a focus here.

Anyway, back to the thread - watched A Show of Hands this week. For the first hour, it was all HYF and PoW. They ignored their 70s material back then! Those two albums at the time were far less popular than Signals, MP and PeW.

They have done very deep dives on PoW many times live. Curious they would dive deeper over the years on PoW as compared to PeW, which is a much much more popular album (and better!). Yet they have virtually ignored HALF of PeW live over the years (rarely playing JL EN DS). And what the heck was that thing strapped to Lifeson on that tour? Was that really a guitar?

Only 26 votes but enough to come to a conclusion on this one. Most folks would rather have less music but much better music. I am going to put up one more poll at some point to really put the old schoolers (which I am one) to the test... :codger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng

Did somebody say "Warrant"? :notworthy:

I LOVE THIS SONG AND VIDEO!!

Narp - I can't possibly choose: I'd listen to all of them.

You still made a choice... ;) :rose:

Eh? :)

You chose not to choose. Freewill... :)
  • Like 1

If Rush ended after Signals they'd still be one of my favorite bands. I don't know if GUP would have grabbed hold of me.

Grace Under Pressure is the album that got me so I can't skip it but I can't leave 2112, Moving Pictures behind. Freewill is there too.... :eyeroll: can't skip any of them :rush: