You Choose....

Narps

You're choice. Which albums would you prefer to listen to forever?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Studio albums only...

• Rush - Signals
    • The Rest. Everything after Signals. Grace - Clockwork

This is pure evil

It's really mostly old school/new school. If you cut your teeth on synth era Rush to current day Rush and it means more to you then take it. If you are old and old school like me and wouldn't trade 70's and barely sneaking into the 80's Rush for any music (or Rush music anyway) in the world then you choose that. I am assuming there are folks at a certain age that ride the fence on this as well... :codger:
  • Like 1

I am assuming there are folks at a certain age that ride the fence on this as well... :codger:

You assume wisely, grasshoppa... ;)

:yes: there are!

• Like 2

I am assuming there are folks at a certain age that ride the fence on this as well... :codger:

I had you in mind. The 40ish crowd that didn't begin their Rush fandom with 2112. More like HYF... :)
  • Like 1

Debut to Signals, absolutely. Way more energy and dynamic playing in that stuff. More inventiveness and chops-awesomeness. Fewer pop sellouts. Generally better production.

I guess you could have asked us to vote for Brown-era Rush or post-Brown-era Rush!

• Like 1

Debut to Signals, absolutely. Way more energy and dynamic playing in that stuff. More inventiveness and chops-awesomeness. Fewer pop sellouts. Generally better production.

I guess you could have asked us to vote for Brown-era Rush or post-Brown-era Rush!

:laughing guy: I could have gone that way yes. I ain't changing this thing anymore though. It is what it is. I didn't even realize till you mentioned it that I had chopped it up that way. Makes sense however...

Easy choice. Rush - Signals

I think I would still take Rush - Hempispheres over PeW - CA. That's probably the breaking point for me. I'd probably take Hem-CA over Rush - AFTK

• Like 1

I had you in mind. The 40ish crowd that didn't begin their Rush fandom with 2112. More like HYF... :)

Actually, mine did begin with 2112- and Farewell to Kings and Fly By Night. Permanent Waves was the first new Rush album after I became a fan- at not quite seven years old. God bless my older brother. :rose:

But yeah, I am young enough that I don't buy into the strictly "Old Rush good/'new' Rush bad" philosophy.

I'm gonna take it that your mention of Hold Your Fire is another tip of your hat in my direction. ;)

:cheers:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Easy choice. Rush - Signals

I think I would still take Rush - Hempispheres over PeW - CA. That's probably the breaking point for me. I'd probably take Hem-CA over Rush - AFTK

I considered cutting it off at Permanent Waves but that would have been even more cruel. I would take Rush - Permanent Waves over the rest of the catalog myself...

Actually, mine did begin with 2112- and Farewell to Kings and Fly By Night. Permanent Waves was the first new Rush album after I became a fan- at not quite seven years old. God bless my older brother. :rose:

But yeah, I am young enough that I don't buy into the strictly "Old Rush good/'new' Rush bad" philosophy.

I'm gonna take it that your mention of Hold Your Fire is another tip of your hat in my direction. ;)

:cheers:

:laughing guy: Yep...

Signals was the tipping point for me. A cut off before that might swing me the other direction.

We may explore that option in the days ahead... :)
  • Like 1

Narp - I can't possibly choose: I'd listen to all of them.

You still made a choice... ;) :rose:
  • Like 1

This is tougher than I would have thought. I didn't listen to quite a few of these albums for the longest time post Signals so they're a little newer to me. But I can't imagine never hearing any of the pre-Signals albums ever again. So I'm going to have to vote for the debut to Signals era, but honestly it wasn't a simple choice. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Just to clarify...the "Signals" choice isn't all the albums after and including Signals, it's Signals by itself, right? We're choosing between Signals alone, or every other Rush album except for Signals?

I thought it was pretty clear but I guess maybe not. You either get every album Rush - Signals or everything that came after. Grace Under Pressure - Clockwork Angels...

73, I thought the exact same thing, as if Rush's Signals vs everything after.

I guess it's our post Islanders malaise. It's been a rough week.

• Like 2

Just to clarify...the "Signals" choice isn't all the albums after and including Signals, it's Signals by itself, right? We're choosing between Signals alone, or every other Rush album except for Signals?

I thought it was pretty clear but I guess maybe not. You either get every album Rush - Signals or everything that came after. Grace Under Pressure - Clockwork Angels...

73, I thought the exact same thing, as if Rush's Signals vs everything after.

I guess it's our post Islanders malaise. It's been a rough week.

I honestly thought that this ( - ) symbol was pretty self explanatory. I fixed it umpteen times however so it hope it helped some at least... :)