Every Album

grasbo

I can't say that I like every album to a point where I couldn't live without it...I can LISTEN to every album, (and I do usually at least once every year) and I can appreciate parts of every album, but I can't say that I like every single thing blindly like some people I know. (not necessarily Rush fans, either)

Where I start to get a little out of it is with things from Hold Your Fire through Roll the Bones, mainly...but then again, there wasn't a whole lot of music that I DID like during that time frame by many bands...(and I think I was more into some stranger stuff like Zappa and weird Jazz like Chick Corea and stuff like that)

I can't say that I like every album to a point where I couldn't live without it...I can LISTEN to every album, (and I do usually at least once every year) and I can appreciate parts of every album, but I can't say that I like every single thing blindly like some people I know. (not necessarily Rush fans, either)

Where I start to get a little out of it is with things from Hold Your Fire through Roll the Bones, mainly...but then again, there wasn't a whole lot of music that I DID like during that time frame by many bands...(and I think I was more into some stranger stuff like Zappa and weird Jazz like Chick Corea and stuff like that)

Lol. When did you get into my brain??

I like every album except CP and S&A, and even on those albums there are songs that I like a lot. But those are the only two that I can't listen to from start to finish. I would like those two albums as a whole if I could trim them down to 40-45 minutes, but as they stand I just can't listen to them start to finish and enjoy the whole experience.

How do you mean?

How do you mean?

He can't stop dreaming about you.

Or, he had a similar experience to that in your post...

• Like 1

How do you mean?

He can't stop dreaming about you.

Or, he had a similar experience to that in your post...

He can dream about me...but I'm taken! :whipgirl:

That I surmised...just was curious if he had a Zappa or Chick Corea revelation during that time as well

RUSH completely lost me after SIGNALS ... it wasn't so much the change in style, but the fact that, beginning with GRACE UNDER PRESSURE, the music became sterile, forced, and, to my ear, unnatural for them ..

It was different in the beginning when you could hear obvious influences ( Led Zep, etc ) - they were a young band deveolping their style .... But come the mid 80s, they were established and successful, and, for me, their music became completely void of anything I could relate to - that Steinberger bass is as awkward on Geddy as that raccoon hair he had - to me, it just was not RUSH

Sincerity is a big thing for me ... and I think they lost that

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

RUSH completely lost me after SIGNALS ... it wasn't so much the change in style, but the fact that, beginning with GRACE UNDER PRESSURE, the music became sterile, forced, and, to my ear, unnatural for them ..

It was different in the beginning when you could hear obvious influences ( Led Zep, etc ) - they were a young band deveolping their style .... But come the mid 80s, they were established and successful, and, for me, their music became completely void of anything I could relate to - that Steinberger bass is as awkward on Geddy as that raccoon hair he had - to me, it just was not RUSH

Sincerity is a big thing for me ... and I think they lost that

:goodone:

VT, S&A and CA do nothing for me. I do own all 3 , but only very rarely listen to them.

The catalog from the 70's and 80's are my youth.

And will always be of vital importance to me.

While I appreciate and support the band recording and hope one day a newer record will resonate with me,

it just has not happened yet. Still my favorite band of all time, how I interpret their music is on the individual.

• Like 2

I do like every album but I will probably never listen to an album after HYF from start to finish ever again.

maybe when one of them dies

Edited by bathory

I'm only on a couple of band-specific forums and this is the only one I post on regularly, I won't sign up for a band's forum unless I like all of their shit anyway. if I was bored enough I could join a gentle giant forum or some shit but that'd be pretty boring.

Vapor Trails and Roll the Bones are only occasional listens for me. I don't hate them, I just don't find them very interesting compared to the rest of the albums.

The rest though :ebert:

I only bought the cd of Rush in Rio because it was on special (of course i own the dvd).I don't think I had ever played it all the way through because I could watch the dvd and the appalling sound quality.But I played it all the way through yesterday and digging it in a bootleg sort of way,although the missus was getting fidgety.So I can say I dig every Rush album, just some are better than others

S&A and Presto blow donkeys

RTB has a ton of clunkers

The lyrics kill T4E

Never got into CP.

Half of Power Windows is eminently skippable.

That's about it...the rest are good (HYF to great)

They're all great besides Test For Echo and the debut being hard to listen to as often as the others....unless I'm doing some marathon thing or have them on shuffle I typically don't go out of my way to listen to them, the debut especially. They get boring very quickly compared even to the likes of HYF and RTB. Are there fans that actually don't like Fly By Night, however? I've heard they exist..... :unsure: