What will be the opening song?

LocalsBandGuy

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the if there is an R40 medley, it will open the 2nd set with older songs to follow or be in the middle of the 2nd set (in which case in will incorporate a drum solo).

Working with that theory, I'm going to say the show opener will be from recent times so either Heasling Flight or more likely Far Cry.

• Like 1

Hmmm...Not sure...do you think they'll do another "overture" or do you think it's a "been there, done that" sort of thing?

We can only hope they're done with that sort of thing!

I think an overture/ medley will be done at some point.

But not to start the show.

End of a set/ encore works better.

I was thinking that if the whole "classic drum set" thing for the second set was true, they'd start the SECOND set with an R40 Overture....

• Like 1

I'd love a R40 medley, but having already used that idea for R30 I wouldn't bet a fortune on it.

so I'd like Stick It Out among the less likely

I bet they'll save a medley for the encore. I'll say they'll open with TSOR or Tom Sawyer

They USED to do the medley's towards the end of the show....

Very true. That's why I'm thinking they will so it in the middle of a set, like perhaps the 2nd set of the rumors of the retro drum kit are true. It becomes one long instrumental in the middle of the set (which they have shown of late they like to do). Now, incorporate a drum solo into this R40Med and that gives Alex and Geddy a little break after a good jam. Now follow up the R40Med with G & A playing an acoustic medley to give Neil the same break.

It'll be a medley.

They already opened with Finding My Way on R30 so possibly the main riff of Working Man to start it out... then again, FBN as the first of the medley would pretty much light the house on fire.

Kind of hoping it won't be a medley...been there done that with R30. I like the Headlong Flight mention, or go total old school with Anthem (if Ged could handle it).
  • Like 1

It'll be a medley.

They already opened with Finding My Way on R30 so possibly the main riff of Working Man to start it out... then again, FBN as the first of the medley would pretty much light the house on fire.

I guess a medley makes sense. It gives them a warm up, a chance to display older songs, and no harm to the vocal chords.

I like your FBN thought. People would pass out...

The bigger question is do I look at the setlist to see the REAL opening song on opening night or not..ive seen rush on 4 tours now, usually multiple times a tour since r30. but ive known the set each time. Wondering how the experience would differ without knowing

The bigger question is do I look at the setlist to see the REAL opening song on opening night or not..ive seen rush on 4 tours now, usually multiple times a tour since r30. but ive known the set each time. Wondering how the experience would differ without knowing

I can tell you from the opening nights I've been to that it is indeed fun to be standing there going "WOAH! They're playing THAT?!?!?"

But at the same time it's kinda nice to know when the first set is going to end so you can get a beat on the rest of the crowd to the restroom :P

I can tell you from the opening nights I've been to that it is indeed fun to be standing there going "WOAH! They're playing THAT?!?!?"

But at the same time it's kinda nice to know when the first set is going to end so you can get a beat on the rest of the crowd to the restroom :P

This tour will be the first time I get to see them on opening night. I love surprises! And this way I don't have to worry about seeing spoilers :D

And being female I never have to wait to use the restroom :dweez:

Snaked - if you're not going to opening night, who am I suppose to follow to get the set list or just to stay on topic - know what the first song is? Lol

Xanadu without shortening the intro and the full song with lasers and dry ice. Will not be the opener but would be great, then side 1 of Hemispheres if they are ever gonna play it. I kind of feel like the will break out something from the 70s to open.
  • Like 1

Out of all songs mentioned so far Headlong Flight is the only one I'd like to hear. The band has talked about how on this tour they are going to highlight some older stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if they opened with something from one of the very early albums. Bastille Day was a great opener for BtLS and it would work well as a show opener, too.

The last song with be The Garden, no question about it.

Agreed regarding Bastille Day. As long as its not Madrigal things will be just fine... ;)

I agree.