Freekin WOW!!! I need GUIDANCE into my new world of RUSH.

NewRUSHfan

So what happened to this guy? Did you mofo's scare him off?

I wrote to him and asked him if we did and he said no. But maybe my pm scared him off. :unsure: Should I try again?

Maybe his love of Rush cooled off...it happens, I've done it, where I joined a forum, took a look around, and decided I wasn't up for it.

Or maybe he got sick to death of the endless polls that spring up every five seconds!

Or maybe he didn't want to turn into an obsessive freak.

Or maybe he doesn't have the time or desire to spend on a forum.

It's not everyone's dream....

It should be! We are stellar fans.

We are awesome aren't we?.... :madra:
  • Like 3

Or maybe he didn't want to turn into an obsessive freak.

Or maybe he doesn't have the time or desire to spend on a forum.

It's not everyone's dream....

It should be! We are stellar fans.

We are awesome aren't we?.... :madra:

Awesome and stellar. He doesn't know what he is missing. :)

Maybe it was Alex having some fun. :huh:

Why would he do that?

Edited by Segue Myles

Don't Rush.

Pun intended ;)

Why would he do that?

I know that they look here to get ideas for their setlist. And Alex is the type of man who would have some fun with us just because he happens to have a sense of humor.

I joked that geddy was trying to get ideas for the set once, but I'm not so sure they actually do that. it seems like if they went here for ideas, we would've heard jacobs ladder by now

Why would he do that?

I know that they look here to get ideas for their setlist. And Alex is the type of man who would have some fun with us just because he happens to have a sense of humor.

I joked that geddy was trying to get ideas for the set once, but I'm not so sure they actually do that. it seems like if they went here for ideas, we would've heard jacobs ladder by now

A few people here have said that they do, so I don't know. It would be a good idea if they did instead of sitting around trying to decide on a set list among themselves.

• Like 1

I am 39, I am a musician, and I love hard rock. Why the hell am i just NOW realizing that this band absolutely KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!! I mean WOW!!! I saw RUSH: Live In Cleveland on VH1 and it was like an epiphany. Luckily I DVR'd it and I can NOT stop watching it now. What is the matter with me? Or should I say......what HAS BEEN the matter with me? Why did it take me this long to realize that these guys are amazing musicians? I have been missing out. But it is better late than never. Now I need someone to guide me into the world of RUSH. What CD's do I buy first? What DVD's should I buy first? I love live performances and from what I understand, and from what I have seen, this band is incredible live. So if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Hhhhmmm at 39, were you a mole person someone who spent decades in an under ground bunker as part of a doomsday cult? Start with Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals. Then get 2112. Get the live album Exit Stage Left.

Then come back here for more instructions and polls.

Enjoy the ride!

I am 39, I am a musician, and I love hard rock. Why the hell am i just NOW realizing that this band absolutely KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!! I mean WOW!!! I saw RUSH: Live In Cleveland on VH1 and it was like an epiphany. Luckily I DVR'd it and I can NOT stop watching it now. What is the matter with me? Or should I say......what HAS BEEN the matter with me? Why did it take me this long to realize that these guys are amazing musicians? I have been missing out. But it is better late than never. Now I need someone to guide me into the world of RUSH. What CD's do I buy first? What DVD's should I buy first? I love live performances and from what I understand, and from what I have seen, this band is incredible live. So if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

That was me about two years ago. I just wanted to punch myself in the face.

For months, I had all the Rush discs on rotation in my car. Some will jump out at you more than others. I would play one of them maybe three or four times in a row and start figuring out pretty quickly what my favorite songs were. I also found that some discs I wanted to continue playing after that, and some others were kind of "meh".

Do it your way...you'll get there. :)