Freekin WOW!!! I need GUIDANCE into my new world of RUSH.

NewRUSHfan

Wait until NewRUSHfan sees what happened to his thread.

Oh yeah, NewRUSHfan, you should be warned that certain people here, of whom I may or may not be one, tend to take threads completely off the rails at times.

http://www.usflags.com/images/thumbs/0000798.jpeg

• Like 1

No one lets slip in me.

We are still talking about sugar icing pens, right?

Just make sure you don't misspell PENS.

:laughing guy: No extra vowels please.... :scared:

Wait until NewRUSHfan sees what happened to his thread.

Oh yeah, NewRUSHfan, you should be warned that certain people here, of whom I may or may not be one, tend to take threads completely off the rails at times.

I think that's common on most forums.

http://www.obamacontradictions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nothinghere.jpg

I am 39, I am a musician, and I love hard rock. Why the hell am i just NOW realizing that this band absolutely KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!! I mean WOW!!! I saw RUSH: Live In Cleveland on VH1 and it was like an epiphany. Luckily I DVR'd it and I can NOT stop watching it now. What is the matter with me? Or should I say......what HAS BEEN the matter with me? Why did it take me this long to realize that these guys are amazing musicians? I have been missing out. But it is better late than never. Now I need someone to guide me into the world of RUSH. What CD's do I buy first? What DVD's should I buy first? I love live performances and from what I understand, and from what I have seen, this band is incredible live. So if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

In case anyone was wondering what the thread is supposed to be about. We are trying to help this person.

• Like 1

So you're 39 and you're now just becoming a Rush fanboy? That's pretty cool. I'm 19 and I only really got into Rush when Clockwork Angels came out.

I advise a few things. You can either listen to EVERYTHING from start to finish (RUSH to Clockwork Angels) or start out with the two most popular albums (2112 and Moving Pictures) and expand your horizons out. Also, you should check out some more concerts like R30, Snakes and Arrows Live, Exit Stage Left, and my personal favorite, Grace Under Pressure live.

I thought you were in your 50s, not even kidding

I am 39, I am a musician, and I love hard rock. Why the hell am i just NOW realizing that this band absolutely KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!! I mean WOW!!! I saw RUSH: Live In Cleveland on VH1 and it was like an epiphany. Luckily I DVR'd it and I can NOT stop watching it now. What is the matter with me? Or should I say......what HAS BEEN the matter with me? Why did it take me this long to realize that these guys are amazing musicians? I have been missing out. But it is better late than never. Now I need someone to guide me into the world of RUSH. What CD's do I buy first? What DVD's should I buy first? I love live performances and from what I understand, and from what I have seen, this band is incredible live. So if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

In case anyone was wondering what the thread is supposed to be about. We are trying to help this person.

He ran away screaming long ago. We can only hope to be of some help to ourselves and one another now... :moon:

• Like 3

We did help him with his questions. Now we're helping him see the joy of silliness :chickendance:

• Like 3

He ran away screaming long ago. We can only hope to be of some help to ourselves and one another now... :moon:

Yes, we can hope.

anyway, figure out which songs you liked best from the time machine dvd and find the albums they're on.

if geddy at his worst can turn you on to the band, you'll probably really f***ing love this band

If he listens to ATWAS he may have to check his headphones and also double check to make sure that he is listening to the same band.... :haz:
  • Like 3

Rush is not a Fly By Night band. So if you enjoy the Caress of Steel, pick up a copy of 2112. If you live in the northern Hemispheres, pick up a copy of A Farewell to Kings. Otherwise, go buy Permanent Waves. If you like Moving Pictures and have Grace Under Pressure, the Signals indicate you will like Power Windows. And Presto, you're a fan. By then you may be brave enough to Roll The Bones on Test for Echo. Some people give negative Feedback about Vapor Trails, so be sure to pick up the remix. Assuming you have avoided all of the Snakes & Arrows slung on this board like Clockwork, Angels will send you the R40 Blue Ray box set of live shows.

EDIT: Hold Your Fire people. I forgot one.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze
  • Like 3

Rush is not a Fly By Night band. So if you enjoy the Caress of Steel, pick up a copy of 2112. If you live in the northern Hemispheres, pick up a copy of A Farewell to Kings. Otherwise, go buy Permanent Waves. If you like Moving Pictures and have Grace Under Pressure, the Signals indicate you will like Power Windows. And Presto, you're a fan. By then you may be brave enough to Roll The Bones on Test for Echo. Some people give negative Feedback about Vapor Trails, so be sure to pick up the remix. Assuming you have avoided all of the Snakes & Arrows slung on this board like Clockwork, Angels will send you the R40 Blue Ray box set of live shows.

So about that solo mass suicide thing....

• Like 1

Moving Pictures is a great starting point. I might try Power Windows after that. Then go back to 2112. Enjoy!

Would he move to Power Windows as a warning to stay out of that era of music, then go back to 2112 to feel the warmth of guitars and great songs?

It would make a good test of what he likes...or can endure.
  • Like 1

Not to worry. As long as you didn't leave Signals out. :)

• Like 1

So about that solo mass suicide thing....

I got some loose packets of grape Flavoraid somewhere around here...

No Counterparts either.

No Counterparts either.

There is Signals but not Counterparts. She was referencing the "Zumbi incident".

• Like 1

No Counterparts either.

There is Signals but not Counterparts. She was referencing the "Zumbi incident".

Hahahaha Can't fool you, Len.

• Like 1

No Counterparts either.

One album was left for my Counterparts to discover on their own.