Available Light to be played on 2015 tour...

Spaghetti Lee

I saw this thread and got all excited, because that's exactly how I would feel if 'Available Light' was played - excited. This is such a good song, and for anyone who might care, one of my favourite ones to sing. I thought I wouldn't be able to reach those highest notes, and I didn't hit them, but then discovered I was way over-shooting them and can do it now... I would hope that Geddy could! But, yeah, a sample of that part would be ok if it meant being to listen to the rest of the song live! What a great album-closer!

1. Enough of Force 10 already... nice song, but why this over and over again while so much of HYF (Lock And Key, High Water, Prime Mover) gets ignored?!? :huh:

2. Presto was my first Rush album but I didn't get to see them live until VT, so the only Presto songs I've seen are The Pass and Presto. Give me ANYTHING of the other 9 songs and I'll be :7up:

3. They pulled out Analog Kid for CA, now it's time for The Weapon.

4. If Geddy could pull off CTTH on TM, then he can handle Cinderella Man

Totally with you on the Weapon -- its time.... as well as a different HYF tune...Prime Mover would be fantastic!

• Like 1

1. Enough of Force 10 already... nice song, but why this over and over again while so much of HYF (Lock And Key, High Water, Prime Mover) gets ignored?!? :huh:

2. Presto was my first Rush album but I didn't get to see them live until VT, so the only Presto songs I've seen are The Pass and Presto. Give me ANYTHING of the other 9 songs and I'll be :7up:

Totally with you on the Weapon -- its time.... as well as a different HYF tune...Prime Mover would be fantastic!

Prime Mover is one of the best songs on HYF for sure, but if they're gonna play a deep cut from that album I'd much rather see Turn the Page or Lock and Key. Rush at their finest, heavy 80s prog rock!

Great song, but Geddy could never hit those high notes.

I think Geddy could! For sure! Maybe they would have to slow it down a little bit, but he could hit them.

Nope.

If Geddy can still pull off Marathon, he can do Available Light

I think Geddy could! For sure! Maybe they would have to slow it down a little bit, but he could hit them.

Nope.

True. The highest note in Marathon is C# (LIKE A STREAK of lightning, THAT FLASHES AND FADES in the summer sky). Available Light's highest note is D (IN the available light), which is just a little bit higher.

Also, Ged hit the high C# last tour in Territories (In different circles we keep holding our GROU-ou-ound). He could pull of Available Light just fine, I think.

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 2

Prime Mover was awesome live. It's a great sons on the album but sounded even better live. It had so much energy to especially the end.

I have a feeling these sets will even be shorter. If the tour is going to be longer, the sets are going to get shorter. Simple math. At 60+, something has to give.

I'm thinking around 8-9 a per set, 2 sets, 3 or 4 encore, and maybe 1 medley. I also think they will follow a similar pattern as CA with 1 instrumental in each set (to rest Ged's voice) and 1 slower pace song per set (so they all can breathe). I like the shorter solos but maybe it will be cut down to one.

• Like 1

I've wanted to hear Available Light live since the day it was released. Still hopeful even now.

Wanted to hear Presto in 1990 and had pretty much given up on it until lightning struck 20 years later. (Hopefully Chain Lightning will strike too, but I'd survive not hearing it if I get to hear Available Light) There's been a slight shift to the Blues over the last 10 years so why the hell not?

Nope.

True. The highest note in Marathon is C# (LIKE A STREAK of lightning, THAT FLASHES AND FADES in the summer sky). Available Light's highest note is D (IN the available light), which is just a little bit higher.

Also, Ged hit the high C# last tour in Territories (In different circles we keep holding our GROU-ou-ound). He could pull of Available Light just fine, I think.

There you go. Scientific proof! Lol

Bring on the available light!

Anagram. I know the song's none to popular here......but it's always been one of my favs off Presto.

Mick

ugh one of their absolute worst. and I don't say that about many Rush tunes.

• Like 1

Anagram. I know the song's none to popular here......but it's always been one of my favs off Presto.

Mick

Fair enough. I just happen to have a soft spot for major cheese, lol

Also i'd faint if Prime Mover was dusted off.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

Fair enough. I just happen to have a soft spot for major cheese, lol

Also i'd faint if Prime Mover was dusted off.

Mick

LOVE Prime Mover. I mentioned in another thread that I would love to see it again live.

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1

1. Enough of Force 10 already... nice song, but why this over and over again while so much of HYF (Lock And Key, High Water, Prime Mover) gets ignored?!? :huh: Prime mover YES

Mick

I don't think it's horrible, but it does sound like one of those "filler songs". It sounds like they just thought it up in a day and put it on the album for kicks.....

I think that song would be a good representation for the Presto Album and the one song I still would like to hear from that album. Yes concerns are founded but Geddy doesn't have to hit the hight notes during that song. They can be triggered or synched in like the "Wish them Well" during the CA tour. Regardless, every song they've played off Presto has sounded great live. Which brings me to the thought: Its time to dust off Show Don't Tell as well.

Since we are on the topic of unplayed songs, add Cut to the Chase, Losing It, Open Secrets, Alien Shore, Chain Lightning, Sweet Miracle and Vapor Trail to that Available Light list. You can make a good first set with only unplayed Rush Songs.

Set 1:

Chain Lightning

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Losing It

Different Strings (Extended Gtr Solo)

No one at the Bridge - Didacts and Narpits (Drum Solo)

Vapor Trail / Sweet Miracle

Bravest Face / Alien Shore

Neurotica

Available Light

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Nice! I love those 'rarer' songs. The only I would change is have 'Good News First' instead of 'Bravest Face', though I'm not sure how good it would be live.

I think it would sound Fine live. Just like Presto, all the S & A songs have sounded pretty cool live.