The Avengers

GeddyLeefan2112

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a when I saw it a few weeks ago at the screening, it was in 3D IMAX. Today, I went with my wife and saw it on the regular 2D traditional screen.

I never thought I'd say this... but I miss the 3D. It was exceptionally well done. It wasn't over the top, wasn't gimmicky... it simply added depth to the movie. It's fantastic in however many D's it's got, but with three of them, I think it's better.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 3 2012, 03:31 AM)
Damn.... starring Robert Downey, Jr., Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson? AND written+directed by Joss Whedon?

I'm so there.

umm....sig is a wee bit big. I am the sig police. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ May 4 2012, 12:44 PM)
It can't be better than the Dark Knight because Marvel<DC

Marvel is way better than DC. Always has been. Batman is their jewel. Besides Bats...meh.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 4 2012, 10:06 PM)
Damn.... starring Robert Downey, Jr., Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson? AND written+directed by Joss Whedon?

I'm so there.

Could I see some identification, officer?

tongue.gif

The wife, kid, and I all played hooky to go see this yesterday because we're all big Marvel nerds. Movie is f'n awesome! Didn't disappoint at all.

It's gonna be huge. We saw the 12pm showing and the place was packed, with people cheering during certain scenes...like Hulk with the greatest sucker punch ever! laugh.gif I don't know the last time I've seen that kind of crowd reaction during a matinee, so I can imagine what the later showings are like. Everyone seemed to love it.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 5 2012, 05:53 PM)
The wife, kid, and I all played hooky to go see this yesterday because we're all big Marvel nerds. Movie is f'n awesome! Didn't disappoint at all.

It's gonna be huge. We saw the 12pm showing and the place was packed, with people cheering during certain scenes...like Hulk with the greatest sucker punch ever! laugh.gif I don't know the last time I've seen that kind of crowd reaction during a matinee, so I can imagine what the later showings are like. Everyone seemed to love it.

Man, I can't imagine many people being more geeked up to see this than myself. And it doesn't start here until August! angry.gif

All this info sounds great though 1022.gif

Took my Daughter to the midnight show 8 hours ago. It was a great flick, and I enjoyed the non "action" scenes just as much as the action scenes. RDJ really chewed up the scenery in every scene.

AUUUUGGHHHHH I need to see this movie so baaaaad it's killing me common001.gif

At the risk of sounding like shameless self-promoter... we're doing an Avengers-based episode of my Geek Dads Weekly podcast on Tuesday. It's a 3-person discussion format, we'll be talking about the movie for pretty much the whole hour. We broadcast live at 2pm Eastern at QAQN and it will be up on YouTube and iTunes after that.

There's a chat room, so anyone that wants to talk about the movie with us can participate smile.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 4 2012, 10:08 PM)

I'm so there.

tongue.gif

We gave Tick a deputy's badge that day. Yep, if you could make that collage smaller, it would be appreciated by all. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 5 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 4 2012, 10:08 PM)

I'm so there.

tongue.gif

We gave Tick a deputy's badge that day. Yep, if you could make that collage smaller, it would be appreciated by all. wink.gif

I think I've got it down to a more reasonable size now. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 5 2012, 03:53 AM)

We loved it, and the sucker punch was one of my favorite light moments. Not a huge Marvel nerd, so the closing credits clip was lost on me, but looked it up and understand the crowd's reaction.

Took my 10 year old son to it today.

All I can say is...

Pure unadulterated awesomeness. common001.gif

I want to be an Avenger when I grow up. tongue.gif

Edited by Alien Girl

I'm sure I'm in the minority but most comic book movies don't do much for me. Aren't they over-doing it a little now? Are they going to make a movie on every comic book character ever? The obvious over-use of CGI in a lot of these type movies kind of ruins it for me as well.

I'm surprised that with all the movies, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 1,2. that these quality films are still being produced like clockwork. And now we have to look forward to Thor 2, Captain America 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers 2. This could be one of the best series of related movies of all time, or it could steadily go downhill, but I don't see any sign of that happening anytime soon. And I want to see more Black Widow/Hawkeye Edited by Union 5-3992