last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951 version) - A favorite from when I was growing up! My dad and I would often watch it together. Klaatu Barada Nikto !

JlA7MRNm.jpg

We will be waiting for your answer.

-- Klaatu

• Like 2

"Manhunter" Micael Mann film, 1986, starring William Petersen, the actor who played 'Grissom' in the original CSI series. great climactic scene almost at the end with "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" playing. I just purchased the last song that plays at the end and into the credits, "Heartbeat" by a group called Red 7. I thought it was Peter Gabriel from how it sounded. Around the time Peter's "So" album came out...

oWUXe5w.gif

I love Hannibal movies!

Have you seen the outstanding show Hannibal yet?

Rising is the only one I haven’t seen yet but I heard it’s not that good and just another cash grab for the franchise. Manhunter is the best one. Saw the Red Dragon remake on Starz which was just meh. Mostly saw it just for my favorite actor, PS Hoffman.

Rising was surprisingly decent to be honest.

Let me rank everything Hannibal Lecter related:

1. Silence Of The Lambs

2. Hannibal (TV show)

3. Hannibal

4. Hannibal Rising

5. Manhunter

6. Red Dragon

Segue, thanks ... it seems to simplistic to say "what a great movie" ...

This one will continue to hit me in different stages over the next few days ...

City_of_Life_and_Death.jpg

It left a DEEP impression on me. I'm still lost for words...isn't it amazing?! Even praising a film with this subject matter as "amazing" seems cruel and insensitive.

• Like 1

The Family, which just reminided me of M, the performer which introduced the world to "Pop Music" back in 1980. Gotta put that on my latest 'Cruisin' Mix' CD! Done! This movie is so FUNNY! A daily dose of DISCO! DOGGIE!

luxHzTo.png

Now RED 1 & 2...LOTSA shooting and explosions....need some EXCITEMENT today...

jnW3sl3.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

It left a DEEP impression on me. I'm still lost for words...isn't it amazing?! Even praising a film with this subject matter as "amazing" seems cruel and insensitive.

That's exactly how I feel .. finding the correct praise for a movie of this magnitude is a little different

the scene near the end in which Miss Jiang is pointed out and captured - when she walked by Kadokawa and said "shoot me" - it took me a split second to realize what she had said because she said it in English .. But stomach dropped and after he did shoot her, I though he was going to shoot himself right there in front of the other soldiers ... The movie had been tremendous to that point, but from that scene to the end where he does in fact kill himself - it was literally gut wrenching because you sort of knew it might be coming .. uggghh, and when he said that Yuriko had been "his wife"' - that was incredibly heartbreaking .. The anger and horror felt towards the Japanese army juxtaposed with this one character -- it added another dimension to how pointless and sick war is

Edited by Lucas

1971's Short Night Of Glass Dolls

Italian mystery/drama/horror shot in Prague .. What begins as an American boyfriend trying to locate his missing Czech girlfriend turns into something more along the lines of an all-out insane Rosemary's Baby .... The first hour good, with the final few chapters going off in near classic territory ...

Loved this one ... Great movie with a great performance by Bergman regular Ingrid Thulin

http://ayay.co.uk/backgrounds/b_movie_posters/giallo/SHORT-NIGHT-OF-GLASS-DOLLS.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

That's exactly how I feel .. finding the correct praise for a movie of this magnitude is a little different

the scene near the end in which Miss Jiang is pointed out and captured - when she walked by Kadokawa and said "shoot me" - it took me a split second to realize what she had said because she said it in English .. But stomach dropped and after he did shoot her, I though he was going to shoot himself right there in front of the other soldiers ... The movie had been tremendous to that point, but from that scene to the end where he does in fact kill himself - it was literally gut wrenching because you sort of knew it might be coming .. uggghh, and when he said that Yuriko had been "his wife"' - that was incredibly heartbreaking .. The anger and horror felt towards the Japanese army juxtaposed with this one character -- it added another dimension to how pointless and sick war is

I feel the same. There were numerous scenes that really got to me.

The scene where numerous girls volunteer themselves to become abuse victims for the Japanese in order for the security of the refugees, only to be shown that in real life heroic acts are met with no mercy, pay offs, accolades or even a way out, upset me so very deeply. It was a painful movie experience. It was realistic and vivid and painfully tragic, in a way it is sad war movies like this are not celebrated more (no Hollywood happy endings here), but at the same time I can see why people avoid watching these. They must he so hard to act in as well. 10/10 one of my favourite movies now.

• Like 1

Halloween II

Eeerrrrrr...I recently rewatched the first and found it to be really great still. This? Nope.

• Like 2

Halloween II

Eeerrrrrr...I recently rewatched the first and found it to be really great still. This? Nope.

Zombie or 1981?

I don't hate the remakes either.

• Like 1

I recently watched The Darjeeling Limited not too long ago, definitely an Interesting movie it is about three nearly dysfunctional brothers on a spiritual journey through India trying to reconnect with their elusive mother after the untimely death of the brothers' father. I really enjoyed it especially the combination of Western music and music from old Bollywood films, I also loved the whole vibe it is quirky but not like what is seen in Wes Anderson's Later films, gritty and with a whiff of Hindu mysticism. Overall I give this film high acclaim especially since I love the work of director Wes Anderson. Edited by Thebuckeye2112
  • Like 1

The Iron Rose

Indescribable, yet very simple .. And the simplicity had my mind filled .. I'll be thinking about this one for a week

A magnificent work from a time when film making was art and when directors knew and respected their audience

iron-rose-650ish.jpg

• Like 1