Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning

Tony R

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 30 2012, 06:52 PM)
His solo work is outstanding. I love it.

When Grace For Drowning first came out I said I liked it more than any other PT album. Now that its been out for almost a year I'd say its in my top 3 SW albums. The only PT albums that I think I like better are In Absentia and Deadwing.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 30 2012, 03:58 PM)

When Grace For Drowning first came out I said I liked it more than any other PT album. Now that its been out for almost a year I'd say its in my top 3 SW albums. The only PT albums that I think I like better are In Absentia and Deadwing.

Funny you say that because right after I posted this I gave Deadwing a listen for the second time (the first being Dec 2011), and it's decent this time.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 30 2012, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 30 2012, 03:58 PM)

Funny you say that because right after I posted this I gave Deadwing a listen for the second time (the first being Dec 2011), and it's decent this time.

Their stuff takes a while to get used to. My first PT album was Lightbulb Sun. I wasn't too impressed. Now its one of my favorites.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 30 2012, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 30 2012, 03:33 PM)
Trailer for Get All You Deserve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyGKOyvFLY...player_embedded

Holy f**k, the drumming ohmy.gif

Marco's drumming is so out of this world, even Steven can't contain his excitement.

QUOTE (humble-dumb @ Aug 15 2012, 10:31 AM)
So I am just wrapping up my first spin on Grace for Drowning. I expect the album will grow on me, but my immediate reaction is that while I like elements of it, I do not like the free-form jazzy stuff. So far I like PT more than the solo effort, at least this particular album. Will give it more time and see how it goes.

I put the album down for a couple weeks, after only a couple listens. A few days ago it came in on the rotation and I let it play. And then I played it again. And again. I really, REALLY dig it. I ordered Insurgentes yesterday, the CD since there are a couple of tracks not included on the mp3 download.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 18 2012, 11:36 AM)
Just got the email from Burning Shed saying my copy of the Get All You Deserve DVD is on its way! 653.gif

Same here. Can't wait! Blue Ray and double CD bliss.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Sep 20 2012, 12:52 AM)
I think I'll wait for the standalone BD version. Looks wonderful, but I don't want that deluxe package. I'm sure the audio will be released separately as well.

Steven said it won't ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Soni @ Sep 19 2012, 07:08 PM)
I think I'll wait for the standalone BD version. Looks wonderful, but I don't want that deluxe package. I'm sure the audio will be released separately as well.

Really? Oh well, I'll just get the flac rip from a torrent site. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Sep 20 2012, 04:29 AM)

I always find it funny to download Steven's music comp26.gif

QUOTE (Soni @ Sep 20 2012, 06:34 AM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Sep 20 2012, 04:29 AM)

I always find it funny to download Steven's music comp26.gif

He has no problem with it as long as people listen to what he puts out. I'm sure his record company feels otherwise, but if he's fine with it, I'm fine with it. Besides, I support him whenever I can and having very good quality physical products is something I enjoy.

Got mine on Monday... unfortunately no time to watch as work is crazy as are my kid's school schedules...

This concert was one of my favorites - really great - can't wait to see this!!