Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning

Tony R

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and that new song is also insane. My dad became an SW fan now, he didn't really like new music before this concert. Even my little bro liked the concert!

No Part of Me was probably the most intense cymbal and high-hat work of all time ohmy.gif

Every musician just played perfectly, switching between beauty and madness abruptly yet without making it seemed forced. It's strange to describe that, an abrupt flow tongue.gif (yay oxymorons)

Really surreal experience smile.gif

I also picked up The Riders of the Aprogalypse poster 1022.gif

http://starsdie.com/wp/steven-wilson-inter...in-mexico-city/

A pair of new interviews by SW in Mexico before tonight's show that's going to be filmed for the DVD/BluRay release. He reveals that Luminal is actually spelt "Luminol" in one of the interviews. And also he's putting the date for the DVD at September and the third solo album's gonna be out early next year.

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Apr 13 2012, 07:44 AM)

A pair of new interviews by SW in Mexico before tonight's show that's going to be filmed for the DVD/BluRay release. He reveals that Luminal is actually spelt "Luminol" in one of the interviews. And also he's putting the date for the DVD at September and the third solo album's gonna be out early next year.

Nice!! That show deserves the full Blu-ray treatment. I'm sure there will be the multimillion dollar deluxe edition as well...but I'm on board!!!

QUOTE (tjtull @ Apr 13 2012, 09:35 AM)

Nice!! That show deserves the full Blu-ray treatment. I'm sure there will be the multimillion dollar deluxe edition as well...but I'm on board!!!

I'm down, Steven Wilson can have all my money tongue.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 13 2012, 10:38 AM)

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 13 2012, 09:38 AM)

I might as well have a credit card dedicated to SW related releases.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 13 2012, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 13 2012, 09:38 AM)

I might as well have a credit card dedicated to SW related releases.

Credit card? Hell, Burning Shed has a mainline to my checking account. Seriously though, since they started accepting PayPal, they've made it WAAAAAY too easy to purchase SW stuff.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/582110_435514783135456_722302096_n.jpg

September 25th on DVD, blue-ray, and 2 CD. There's going to be a preview on Thursday biggrin.gif

Apparently it was filmed using 17 high definition cameras in Mexico City.

The cover is not that great, and I would choose a different title since this is the Grace For Drowning tour. Still, I can't wait to get this.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 3 2012, 06:39 PM)
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/582110_435514783135456_722302096_n.jpg
September 25th on DVD, blue-ray, and 2 CD. There's going to be a preview on Thursday biggrin.gif

The cover is not that great, and I would choose a different title since this is the Grace For Drowning tour. Still, I can't wait to get this.

Yeah, the cover art's meh at its best, I was expecting the cover art to be more like the Catalogue/Preserve/Amass imagery by Lasse. The question, I'd wanna know is if Steven's gonna make the 2CD edition limited like the Anesthetize soundtrack or just a special edition that's not as limited. Word's out that there will be a new Porcupine Tree live album and some people who've seen one of the more recent KScope pamphlets that comes with each album on the label reported to have seen mention of a live PT album next to the Get All You Deserve album (though it still had no name when that pamphlet was released). Steven's yet to make any announcement about it but from what he said to fans about the Chicago '10 filming during the American GFD signing sessions, they intend to release that show at some point.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jul 3 2012, 08:48 PM)

Yeah, the cover art's meh at its best, I was expecting the cover art to be more like the Catalogue/Preserve/Amass imagery by Lasse. The question, I'd wanna know is if Steven's gonna make the 2CD edition limited like the Anesthetize soundtrack or just a special edition that's not as limited. Word's out that there will be a new Porcupine Tree live album and some people who've seen one of the more recent KScope pamphlets that comes with each album on the label reported to have seen mention of a live PT album next to the Get All You Deserve album (though it still had no name when that pamphlet was released). Steven's yet to make any announcement about it but from what he said to fans about the Chicago '10 filming during the American GFD signing sessions, they intend to release that show at some point.

I like the more "organic" orange/black covers that were used on Insurgentes and Grace For Drowning. Something like that would be a good representation of the tour. There's a lot of great artwork in the deluxe edition of GFD that could have been used.

As for the live PT, I was hoping that they'd release the Radio City show, but any show from the last tour should be great.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 3 2012, 07:58 PM)

I like the more "organic" orange/black covers that were used on Insurgentes and Grace For Drowning. Something like that would be a good representation of the tour. There's a lot of great artwork in the deluxe edition of GFD that could have been used.

As for the live PT, I was hoping that they'd release the Radio City show, but any show from the last tour should be great.

The KScope pamphlet implied that the live PT album going to be a DVD/2CD. It's pretty ambiguous cause it said "Porcupine Tree Live 2CD/DVD" and at this point it's anyone's guess as to what's on the 2CDs. I know the Chicago show is definitely the DVD, but I don't know if it's gonna be the full show. The 2CDs are a different story. Some people on the PT forums say it's gonna be the Chicago show, others say it's the Radio City show, others say it's the Royal Albert Hall show, and there's a few that think it's a combination of the best performances from the Radio City/RAH show. I'd like to ask Steven about it on his Twitter but I don't think he wants to talk about anything PT right now, and I'm fine with that.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jul 3 2012, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 3 2012, 07:58 PM)

The KScope pamphlet implied that the live PT album going to be a DVD/2CD. It's pretty ambiguous cause it said "Porcupine Tree Live 2CD/DVD" and at this point it's anyone's guess as to what's on the 2CDs. I know the Chicago show is definitely the DVD, but I don't know if it's gonna be the full show. The 2CDs are a different story. Some people on the PT forums say it's gonna be the Chicago show, others say it's the Radio City show, others say it's the Royal Albert Hall show, and there's a few that think it's a combination of the best performances from the Radio City/RAH show. I'd like to ask Steven about it on his Twitter but I don't think he wants to talk about anything PT right now, and I'm fine with that.

My fingers are crossed for some live RCMH material!

If there's going to be a new PT live album, I don't get why they would limit it to DVD/CD. Considering how well Anesthetize did on Blu-Ray, one would think they'd release another live performance on that format.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jul 3 2012, 08:49 PM)
If there's going to be a new PT live album, I don't get why they would limit it to DVD/CD. Considering how well Anesthetize did on Blu-Ray, one would think they'd release another live performance on that format.

It wasn't filmed in HD and it was a low budget shoot. In fact there wasn't that many cameras. I believe there were only 4 during the shoot. The band filmed the show just for the purpose of having some historical record of The Incident tour on video. Steven said that if the footage is usable, they'll release it at some point and I guess the footage turned out great that it deserves a release. No Man's Love and Endings was shot with only 2 cameras but the footage on that was great so I'd expect this PT DVD to be something similar to that.

Edited by PolarizeMe

Alright, here's the preview video for Harmony Korine from the Get All You Deserve BluRay/DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWMf34KA2A&feature=g-all-u

The limited BluRay/DVD/2CD edition of Get All You Deserve is up on Burning Shed for preorder now. Looks like Steven's not going to do a 12x12 hardback book with 120 pages for this release.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwil...roduct/65/4008/

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 6 2012, 12:24 AM)
Out of stock, I can't even find out how my wallet will be raped this time.

Actually, it's not out of stock. Do you know what I just realized? They put the wrong price tag in the original link I posted...it said it was $30, now it's like $10 more. Here's the updated link...

https://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwil...roduct/65/4009/

Update: Apparently the link I posted for the Harmony Korine video was also flawed; it was in mono instead of stereo. Lasse fixed it and is up on his YT page. Steven's got his own YT page too now. This is the updated video link.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I'm guessing you got the grey cover version. When you think about it though, the deluxe edition of Get All You Deserve is at a reasonable price. Most BluRays/DVDs I know are at a retail price of $16.99-$19.99, and double CDs are also around that amount, so if you combine both, the total price should be around $34-$40 which is somewhat around the actual price for the deluxe edition. There's going to be a standalone BluRay, and a standalone DVD version of it, but the CDs are exclusive to this version which doesn't surprise me. Steven's considering a vinyl version of it for sometime later.