The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Hoping for the best, This situation bears too many resemblances to what happened to the Beastie Boys for my personal taste, though.

yeah, I seem to recall some "oh, he'll be fine!" with dio too, and look what happened there.

Hoping for the best, This situation bears too many resemblances to what happened to the Beastie Boys for my personal taste, though.

yeah, I seem to recall some "oh, he'll be fine!" with dio too, and look what happened there.

True, but the big difference here is that Bruce got it taken care of right away. Dio didn't get himself checked out even though he had been in pain for a while because he wanted to finish the tour he was on. Dio was suffering with his cancer for a lot longer than we knew at the time it was announced. That's why everyone thought he would be fine. The fans were never told how serious it was until after he died.

• Like 1

True, but the big difference here is that Bruce got it taken care of right away. Dio didn't get himself checked out even though he had been in pain for a while because he wanted to finish the tour he was on. Dio was suffering with his cancer for a lot longer than we knew at the time it was announced. That's why everyone thought he would be fine. The fans were never told how serious it was until after he died.

MCA from the BBoys did tend to it right away. They also had an album in the can. Unfortunately, cancer doesn't really care much about that kind of stuff.

Bumping this thread up so Segue is aware of it's existence :cheers:

Let's keep the old one alive. It's nice to see all the early Maiden comments too

Maybe 73 could merge the other one into this one

Bumping this thread up so Segue is aware of it's existence :cheers:

Let's keep the old one alive. It's nice to see all the early Maiden comments too

Maybe 73 could merge the other one into this one

Good idea!

It's nice to see all the early Maiden comments too

Yes it's quite nice, but I'm cringing looking back a few years ago (2011 I think) and seeing my opinion of Blaze Bayley era Maiden. "The Angel And The Gambler is good song off of Virtual XI" What was I thinking?! :facepalm:

It's nice to see all the early Maiden comments too

Yes it's quite nice, but I'm cringing looking back a few years ago (2011 I think) and seeing my opinion of Blaze Bayley era Maiden. "The Angel And The Gambler is good song off of Virtual XI" What was I thinking?! :facepalm:

There are a couple of good songs on that album. Lightning Strikes Twice and When Two Worlds Collide are the best ones. Always wanted to hear Bruce sing those two. If he did that would take the songs from good to great. When Bruce is involved, things are always made better.

• Like 1

I like Futureal and The Clansman from Virtual XI.

X-Factor starts strong but fades after a few songs.

Favorite Blaze era song is probably Man On The Edge.

I always thought The X-Factor could have been one of their better albums if Bruce sang on it. Most of the songs are pretty strong and Blayze does a solid job but Bruce would've taken those songs to a different level.

• Like 1

I like Futureal and The Clansman from Virtual XI.

X-Factor starts strong but fades after a few songs.

Favorite Blaze era song is probably Man On The Edge.

Futureal and The Clansman I really like. No wonder why they were only two songs I can remember from Virtual XI plus The Angel And The Gambler. The X Factor doesn't fair much better in my memory department. The first 3 songs on that album are great (Man On The Edge being my favorite Blaze era song as well), the rest I can't even recollect.

The Angel and The Gambler is probably The song with a world record of The most times a chorus is repeated in a song. "Don't you think I'm a saviour...don't you think I can Save your life".

I saw Maiden livre in 1996 with Blaze, and while he was very energetic, he couldn't sing to Save his life. I don't know what Steve was thinking by hiring this guy.

The Angel and The Gambler is probably The song with a world record of The most times a chorus is repeated in a song. "Don't you think I'm a saviour...don't you think I can Save your life".

I saw Maiden livre in 1996 with Blaze, and while he was very energetic, he couldn't sing to Save his life. I don't know what Steve was thinking by hiring this guy.

My best guess is that they were on a deadline to get the new album out and just really needed someone to sing.

Blaze could sing well enough for albums but yeah, live , he was horrible. My favorite Blaze era songs are When Two Worlds Collide, The Educated Fool, Judgement of Heaven and The Aftermath.

Posting this here has been on the back of my mind for ages, so here is goes - Adrian Smith and Dave Murray exchanging solos on the "Somewhere on Tour", 86:

Hey buddy! I saw that tour! Vinnie Vincent Invasion opened up!

I remember watching Nico's drum solo. He was on a riser that went up to the fuckking sky. He threw a stick up into the air and it hit the big EDDIE HEAD on accident!

Great shit!

• Like 1

Posting this here has been on the back of my mind for ages, so here is goes - Adrian Smith and Dave Murray exchanging solos on the "Somewhere on Tour", 86:

I remember watching Nico's drum solo. He was on a riser that went up to the fuckking sky. He threw a stick up into the air and it hit the big EDDIE HEAD on accident!

Great shit!

I've seen Maiden many times, starting on SIT and have never seen him do a drum solo. If you caught one, you're lucky because it's not something that typically happens at any Maiden show.

• Like 1

Great shit!

Yeah but dont try to talk to him in rhe middle of his solo. Especially if you are standing a yard to 2 yards behind him. He may just have to tell you off.

Damn wish I was working in Fort Lauderdale today

IRON MAIDEN's new-and-improved branded private tour plane will land at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Friday (February 19).

Touchdown is expected at 3:15 p.m.

There's been some pictures online of Maiden's new plane for this tour. I know nothing about flying and the regulations involved but I'm surprised it's legal for something that big and carrying that much cargo and crew to be in the air lol.

There's been some pictures online of Maiden's new plane for this tour. I know nothing about flying and the regulations involved but I'm surprised it's legal for something that big and carrying that much cargo and crew to be in the air lol.

Im not suprised at all. I dont think they could clear the very stringent FAA regulations otherwise. Bruce has said that he cant even fly for 12 hours after a gig since they consider it work hours amd he has to have that rest time before he can fly again.