#21 colfishnski

colfishnski

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

2.gif

Druid,

Please.... These forums blow things way out of proportion. I wasn't at Monday's show, but was for Wednesdays. It was freaking terrific. I mean flat out one of the best single rock shows, if not the best, I have ever seen.

It's fun to harp on a few mistakes here and there, but come on... these guys are almost 60 and they put on as flawless of a show as any band in music today. Let's not get carried away with nit-picking every little deviation from the original recordings.

It's utter nonsense that either of these shows were a "train wreck".

Lighting was very good, but Red Rocks has a narrow stage with a fairly low roof. That's the reason for the truncated lighting setup.

As for Red Rocks, I've been going there for 25 years. They typically have a relaxed and tolerant attitude. If a person is singled out it was either a big mistake or probably deserved. If it was a mistake I'd contact the venue and band management and see where that gets you. I've probably been to 30 shows at the Rocks and have never see blatant abuse by security. In fact you usually see them enjoying the whole experience.

Good luck!

Sponsored Post

#22 fool4rush

fool4rush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thank you, those of you that have kind words, it really means a lot to me.
Sounds like some of you have had a taste of some form of security abuse.  I am hearing more stories about some stalker action in Irvine ?? Redrocks?? Other venues???
I know nothing about all that, but it does explain some of the hyper-active security.
What ya can't be a chick and into RUSH now w/out someone assuming your a stalker?

As for the show, up until then it was fantastic.

#23 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 12:17 PM)
Sounds like some of you have had a taste of some form of security abuse.  I am hearing more stories about some stalker action in Irvine ?? Redrocks?? Other venues???
I know nothing about all that, but it does explain some of the hyper-active security.
What ya can't be a chick and into RUSH now w/out someone assuming your a stalker?

Well, I'm a woman and have been on the front row for a show - sang and danced and flirted with Alex - and never got hauled off as a suspected stalker.

I asked this once before - did they accuse you of being a stalker?  And how do you KNOW that "they" (whoever THEY are) know you're not one?

Several good questions have been asked - can you help us figure out what happened by answering them?

#24 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 20 2010, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 12:17 PM)
Sounds like some of you have had a taste of some form of security abuse.  I am hearing more stories about some stalker action in Irvine ?? Redrocks?? Other venues???

Well, I'm a woman and have been on the front row for a show - sang and danced and flirted with Alex - and never got hauled off as a suspected stalker.

I asked this once before - did they accuse you of being a stalker?  And how do you KNOW that "they" (whoever THEY are) know you're not one?

Several good questions have been asked - can you help us figure out what happened by answering them?

right, what did security say to you once they dragged you out? clearly they must have had some sort of explaination.

#25 jkt2112

jkt2112

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2564 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Nathan @ Aug 20 2010, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Aug 20 2010, 10:52 AM)
You weren't that chick that at Red Rocks, was $hitfaced up front taking tons of pictures and being rude by constantly moving into other people's seats to take the pictures were you?

That was at Irvine, not Red Rocks.

That's what I was thinking...

It was like deja vu all over again!!!

I was at the Irvine show.  Although, from the lawn, we didn't notice any problems...  wink.gif  

#26 fool4rush

fool4rush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Let me rephrase......I apologize for the verbiage, I cannot speak for the band. So, officially, I don't know.....I can tell you this, I have never been accused of being a stalker, and I have been to many shows, 35yrs worth, right up front, never had any kind of problem. In 35 yrs, no one has ever treated me badly, usually the security is enjoying the show as much as I am.

#27 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 01:17 PM)

Red Rocks is where they are on the lookout for Mark Zahn, I think - he's the loon who has all of the wacky videos on YouTube.  Neil mentions him in Roadshow - the guy has threatened physical harm to him.  

That said, the fact that you're a girl ought to preclude any mistaken identity. confused13.gif

Just wondering if they (security) are on super hyper-alert, maybe a little jumpy, at Red Rocks?  

#28 Karena

Karena

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

They are on the lookout for that schizo, Solaris something at Red Rocks as well.  But I believe Rush security would spot her immediately.  I can't fathom why anyone would pull a person out of the audience and call them a stalker.  Scary.  It sounds more like security stalking the fans.

#29 LaVillaStranLerxst

LaVillaStranLerxst

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Rush, Zeppelin

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

At what point in the show did this happen? I may have seen it happen

#30 fool4rush

fool4rush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

Right when the band left the stage before the encore. Please contact me privately if you
can help my case. Thanks!

#31 analog guy

analog guy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Was this Monday or Wednesday?

I was at Monday's show and the security there were extremely overzealous, I thought, at least at the end. Only a couple of minutes or so after the final video wrapped up, they were yelling aggressively at people to get out.

The whole show felt cursed by the end, with all the technical issues that took place and I sensed that the band was unhappy. All in all it wasn't a great way to introduce my wife to the band.

I think I might travel to see them next tour, if there is one.

#32 rushernie

rushernie

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

I was 2 rows behind fool4rush and honestly I saw nothing she did that ever other rush fan there wasn't doing..rocking out to RUSH. She in my mind, and the others I was with, thought none of what happened should have happened.

#33 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 11:30 AM)
Right when the band left the stage before the encore. Please contact me privately if you
can help my case. Thanks!

You still havent told us what security said to you after they dragged you out?

#34 fool4rush

fool4rush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

Bless you rushErnie....people don't like to get involved but contact me if you feel like it.

#35 fool4rush

fool4rush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

As I already stated....they said "Rush has stalkers"  

#36 LeaveMyThingAlone

LeaveMyThingAlone

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3091 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

This whole thread is a wtf.gif if I've ever seen one

Yes, Rush has stalkers. What in the world gave them the impression you were one?  

#37 druid13

druid13

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Interests:http://a450.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/5/l_abaa0726f6d13d560831734475371701.jpg

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

I think you can chalk it up to an overzealous fascist wannabe.....that is what I think.

too many of these "doodze" think they are somebody when they work a show. A shame.

was there any further explanation other than Rush has stalkers given? What did they say later?  

#38 Tigershark2112

Tigershark2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

"Rushernie" has one post, he joined today and it happens to be in defense of this chick who supposedly got thrown out. That's all he's posted here, methinks its same person, 2 accounts. There's something rotten in Denmark.
wtf.gif  

#39 Tigershark2112

Tigershark2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

It couldn't be...no, there's no way that could be greg again.

#40 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33767 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Aug 20 2010, 04:54 PM)
"Rushernie" has one post, he joined today and it happens to be in defense of this chick who supposedly got thrown out. That's all he's posted here, methinks its same person, 2 accounts. There's something rotten in Denmark.
wtf.gif

Nope. They're three states apart from each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users