What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

Made m'self a Martinez tonight for the first time. Equal parts gin and sweet vermouth; Luxardo maraschino liqueur; two liberal dashes of Angostura bitters.

10/10, would quaff again.

• Like 1

http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2012/3/21/New_Glarus_Staghorn_Octoberfest.jpg Edited by Principled Man

I've been on an alcohol-free diet for three weeks and have dropped 13 pounds. Had a few Coronas yesterday, though, for the weekend.

Damn. When I got more into craft beer I noticed my weight increase a bit. And I swear it goes down a bit when I take a week or two off.

• Like 1

I've been on an alcohol-free diet for three weeks and have dropped 13 pounds. Had a few Coronas yesterday, though, for the weekend.

Damn. When I got more into craft beer I noticed my weight increase a bit. And I swear it goes down a bit when I take a week or two off.

There's a sandwich in every glass. An extra sandwich or two a day adds a few pounds over time. :P

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/a04d0/products/7698/images/8156/pendleton-blended-canadian-whisky__47317.1351428599.380.500.jpg?c=2

I had some of this the other night and it was amazing.

• Like 1

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/a04d0/products/7698/images/8156/pendleton-blended-canadian-whisky__47317.1351428599.380.500.jpg?c=2

I've eyed this many times, but figured nah. I think what you're saying is "try it" :)

• Like 1

I've eyed this many times, but figured nah. I think what you're saying is "try it" :)

Was scary good.

Doing a bunch of day trips during vacation, went to Copperpoint Brewery in Boynton Beach yesterday. Nice Amber ale, so-so unfiltered pilsner, a strong espresso stout. But the winner was a Key Lime infused Kolsch that was just right for a brutally hot day.

Heading to Khoffner Brewery in Lauderdale today for some good German style brews, jahwohl!

Edited by pjbear05

Doing a bunch of day trips during vacation, went to Copperpoint Brewery in Boynton Beach yesterday. Nice Amber ale, so-so unfiltered pilsner, a strong espresso stout. But the winner was a Key Lime infused Kolsch that was just right for a brutally hot day.

Heading to Khoffner Brewery in Lauderdale today for some good German style brews, jahwohl!

Got to Khoffner a day later than planned, but that was good because Friday was their start of Oktoberfest, and the place was "jammed"-3 servers, the owner, and the owner's wife behind the bar tapping brews. But they had plenty of beer most of which was good. The only miss was the milk stout, sort of bland and not sweet. But the German styles were all winners; pilsner, hefeweizen, a proper Berliner Weiss, with the accompanying shot of raspberry syrup, and a very good Oktoberfest Dunkel, all of which were part of a 6 choice sampler (4 oz. each.) But the winner was the Helles Bock, dark and sweet with a big malt punch. To top things off, they sold cigars, had 5 or 6 manufacturers and various sizes. Beers, sticks, and college football-there's an afternoon for you.
  • Like 1