I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 31 2007, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Aug 31 2007, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 31 2007, 07:18 PM)
Dumb and Dumber is so full of fart and crap jokes and other crude, juvenile BS that I still don't understand why someone thought it was a good idea to make. I wanted to tear my hair out watching it. (I think the debate on this one is probably split down the middle between men and women. Go figure.)

That is one of the funniest movies ever.

Yeah..........total classic!

Thank you for proving my gender gap theory. I'd be curious to hear what some of the women here think of it.

I will say that there were some funny parts, but that ridiculous 5 minute scene of what's-his-face having the shits made me want to kill someone.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 31 2007, 05:30 PM)
DONNIE DARKO.

Seems like everyone I know loves that film, and I don't understand why. I tried to watch it and it put me to sleep. Twice! But I keep hearing about how great it is! Maybe I'm an idiot, or maybe I have some rare form of narcolepsy that is induced by cult moves. I just don't get it!

Gah, that's my favorite movie!!

The one I loathe most is Sideways. The only redeeming quality was the golf scene. The rest radiated suckiness so strongly, I thought momentarily that I was a leech.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 31 2007, 11:06 PM)
Dumb and Dumber is so full of fart and crap jokes and other crude, juvenile BS that I still don't understand why someone thought it was a good idea to make. I wanted to tear my hair out watching it. (I think the debate on this one is probably split down the middle between men and women. Go figure.)

Thank you for proving my gender gap theory. I'd be curious to hear what some of the women here think of it.

I will say that there were some funny parts, but that ridiculous 5 minute scene of what's-his-face having the shits made me want to kill someone.

my wife loves the movie and her favorite part is the five minute shit scene.

and Lauren Holly looked great in that movie.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 31 2007, 10:19 PM)

my wife loves the movie and her favorite part is the five minute shit scene.

and Lauren Holly looked great in that movie.

Well, I guess it's just me then. confused13.gif

I'm not slamming anyone's taste. Cheers to your wife. trink39.gif She has a much stronger stomach for that kind of humor than I.

It's not even close to being the worst of all time BUT I think THE MATRIX series is the most overrated thing out there. I only saw the first 2 so I can't comment on the 3rd. But I fell asleep in both because I thought they were that boring. Sure, Keanu Reeves can look cool but it's still Keanu Reeves being the crappy actor that he is.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 1 2007, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 31 2007, 07:47 PM)
Armageddon, starring Bruce Willis, Ben (the doofus) Affleck, Billy Bob.

Quote "Worst movie ever"

That was 2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

yes.gif

Yeah that was a horrible horrible movie. But I feel like a dumb ass for watching it in its entirety. My only consolation is that I didn't go to the cinema to see it. I was tortured in the comfort of my home.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2007, 10:39 PM)
It's not even close to being the worst of all time BUT I think THE MATRIX series is the most overrated thing out there. I only saw the first 2 so I can't comment on the 3rd. But I fell asleep in both because I thought they were that boring. Sure, Keanu Reeves can look cool but it's still Keanu Reeves being the crappy actor that he is.

Agreed. All action and no plot.

A lot of people may be mad, but the one movie I can't watch ever is Schindler's List. We watched this over a 4 day period in my grade 11 religion class 2 years ago. The first two days I payed attention and I found it boring. By the third day I was completely bored altogether. To pass the time I wrote out every Rush song I could think of (which is pretty much all of them), then wrote out the Leafs roster and started making my own lines, then created my own Team Canada roster and started making lines out of that. There's just something about it that makes it unwatchable and mass boring to me. The Pianist is a classic to me though.

From Dusk till Dawn...started off wild with Quitin Tarantino cutting up the lady....but the just got as dumb as anything I've ever seen.

Wooden stake on a jackhammer....who the f***gets confronted by vampires all around and decides to use a 112 pound wooden stake?

That was so ridiculous I told the buddy of mine that recomended it to get lost.

I agree about Talented Mr. Ripley. Brutal.

Some of my other choices are Titanic, Revenge (Kevin Costner and Madeleine Stowe starred, and we couldn't sit through it), Seven Years in Tibet (ruined by the incredibly overrated Brad Pitt), and Eyes Wide Shut (proving once again the old adage that established couples should think twice before doing a movie together).

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2007, 08:39 PM)
It's not even close to being the worst of all time BUT I think THE MATRIX  series is the most overrated thing out there.  I only saw the first 2 so I can't comment on the 3rd.  But I fell asleep in both because I thought they were that boring.  Sure, Keanu Reeves can look cool but it's still Keanu Reeves being the crappy actor that he is.

Do yourself a favor and don't even waste 2 hours of your life on Pt. 3 of the Matrix...it really...really sucked...

You could spend the time at the dentist and it would be less painful... biggrin.gif

Edited by JDL2112

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Sep 1 2007, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2007, 08:39 PM)
It's not even close to being the worst of all time BUT I think THE MATRIX  series is the most overrated thing out there.  I only saw the first 2 so I can't comment on the 3rd.  But I fell asleep in both because I thought they were that boring.  Sure, Keanu Reeves can look cool but it's still Keanu Reeves being the crappy actor that he is.

Do yourself a favor and don't even waste 2 hours of your life on Pt. 3 of the Matrix...it really...really sucked...

You could spend the time at the dentist and it would be less painful... biggrin.gif

Thanks I won't. I guess if I have insomnia I could watch that to help me sleep

As a sophomore in high school, I can easily tell you what the two most overrated movies are of this generation:

Napolean Dynamite

High School Musical 1&2

Yes, these were mentioned. However, from the perspective of someone who is surrounded by people who treat these movies like the freakin' Godfather, I can tell you that these movies are just friggin' TERRIBLE.

I got one small chuckle in an hour of Dynamite. That sums that up. As for HSM1&2, I can pretty much say that everything is fake. High school life is nothing like that, and it's a shame how Disney channel shoves that false sense of reality down some kid's throats. Plus, it isn't a true musical. When they do the music numbers, usually it sounds like they're actually singing in the moment. In these movies, you're surrounded by over-processed instruments and synthesized vocals. There's no true spirit of a musical in the movies.

I don't understand why chicks like Zac Effron either. To me, he looks like a raging bisexual woman.

I'm the minority. In a school of about 3000 people, chances are 1/20 of them does NOT like either movie. It really is a shame.

Just my two cents.

Edited by AeroZach2112

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2007, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 1 2007, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 31 2007, 07:47 PM)
Armageddon, starring Bruce Willis, Ben (the doofus) Affleck, Billy Bob.

Quote "Worst movie ever"

That was 2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

yes.gif

Yeah that was a horrible horrible movie. But I feel like a dumb ass for watching it in its entirety. My only consolation is that I didn't go to the cinema to see it. I was tortured in the comfort of my home.

I hate Michael Bay, he screws up anything he does. I think the reason Armaggedon did so well is because of the Jerry Bruckhiemer production quality. I am a Bruckhiemer fan for the record. But Bay is just awful. The Island despite an awesome cast (Sean Bean, and Ewan McGregor) failed to pull me in. And I wont even go into the travesty that was Pearl Harbor.

I did see Transformers this summer, and I am a big supporter of the Fan Bias when it comes to this film (A pre-determined box office sucess with "good" reviews . I was not a transformers fan in my youth, so I went and saw the film as a film. That had to have been the choppiest film I have ever seen. Incoherience at its upmost level, the whole story that was in that film could have been convied very clearly in 30 minutes. Instead it dragged out over 2 hours of film, that the action didn't make up for.

Bay, you suck!!!!!

Well, you're obviously not doing it right. Because, I can watch that shit all day until I die!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2007, 04:44 PM)

Well, you're obviously not doing it right. Because, I can watch that shit all day until I die!

Don't get me wrong 'cuz that's some good sleep there. And I could always use a power nap

My wife sure does hate it! Every time she catches me watching it she just sighs and shakes her head. laugh.gif

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 31 2007, 07:36 PM)
That high school musical crap. Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this! Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

I would assume your not a 7 year old girl. I think my daughter has a much different view of it. atickhum.gif

Oh ya,

"The Hills Have Eyes"

<Spoiler Alert>

A story about an unlucky family on a camping trip that take a shortcut through the Nevada desert and are met by a band of murderous mutants equiped with high explosives, modern weapons and two-way radios. It gets even dumber as the story progresses.

I can only imagine how good The Hills Have Eyes II is going to be.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 31 2007, 03:21 PM)
OK, I fraggin' loathed 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'. I found it to be puerile, inane, and downright silly and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. To be fair, I did like the "Time Warp" song, but that's about it. Also, the stuff the audience yells at the movie can be funny at times, but isn't really all that great.

I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show once in the theater many years ago. I'd heard some people rave about the experience so I finally broke down and saw a midnight show or something.

Seeing it for the first time, I found all the extraneous stuff people did in the theater to be really distracting. I actually wanted to "see the movie" and it was hard to hear sometimes when people kept yelling things. I really didn't get into the spirit of the occasion at all.

Basically, it's (IMHO), a horrible, horrible movie. I couldn't even appreciate the kitsch value or cult value of the film. It didn't even fall into the "it's so bad, it's good" category for me. I saw part of it once on tv years later and I could only sit through like 10 minutes of it before I had to turn it off.

Sorry for the people here who love this flick, but I gotta go with Jack on this one. I really don't know what the craziness is about such a bad movie. no.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 31 2007, 07:38 PM)

I went to see Dumb and Dumber in a theater with a friend when it first came out. I remember we would keep looking at each other with this expression ( eyesre4.gif )for awhile every time something really stupid would happen, which was often. We kept giving it a chance, but after 15-20 minutes when we realized it had no redeeming qualities whatsoever, we just left.

Years later I saw parts of it on tv and I actually thought it was kind of almost funny. Back when it came out I thought Jim Carrey's comedy was horrendously stupid, but then he did all those serious movies, I realized what a great actor he was and his goofy comedic roles started to become bearable to me.

I still haven't seen this entire movie all the way through, but at least now I think it's kind of amusing, but that's about it...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 1 2007, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 31 2007, 03:21 PM)
OK, I fraggin' loathed 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'. I found it to be puerile, inane, and downright silly and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. To be fair, I did like the "Time Warp" song, but that's about it. Also, the stuff the audience yells at the movie can be funny at times, but isn't really all that great.

I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show once in the theater many years ago. I'd heard some people rave about the experience so I finally broke down and saw a midnight show or something.

Seeing it for the first time, I found all the extraneous stuff people did in the theater to be really distracting. I actually wanted to "see the movie" and it was hard to hear sometimes when people kept yelling things. I really didn't get into the spirit of the occasion at all.

Basically, it's (IMHO), a horrible, horrible movie. I couldn't even appreciate the kitsch value or cult value of the film. It didn't even fall into the "it's so bad, it's good" category for me. I saw part of it once on tv years later and I could only sit through like 10 minutes of it before I had to turn it off.

Sorry for the people here who love this flick, but I gotta go with Jack on this one. I really don't know what the craziness is about such a bad movie. no.gif

I only watched the first couple minutes of it, but I gotta say, Susan Sarandon looked pretty hot.

I absolutely loved that movie. I thought it was ridiculous and inane and asinine and possibly one of the funniest movies evah.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2007, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2007, 04:44 PM)

Don't get me wrong 'cuz that's some good sleep there. And I could always use a power nap

The first Matrix movie was really good. Then, somewhere, it tried to have a message and started sucking huge ass...