360 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of Rush Fan Are You?

• Hardcore (A to Z) Obsessed With All Things Rush
    • Not Quite XXX - Fav Band But Not All Songs Great
    • R Rated - Like Most Songs, Do Not Own All Albums
    • Casey Kasem - Radio Hits & Own A Compliation or 2
    • Double Mocha Latte - Do Not Change The Station
    • I've Heard That Before - Might Change The Station
    • Why Is There a Poll About That Limbaugh Guy?

R rated. Don't own every album, but I've heard them all many times via friends over the years. I will say Rush is my favorite band. I like a lot of bands and genres, but what keeps me coming back to Rush are the lyrics and their high-grade instrumentals.

2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I actually just went out and bought Different Stages - my new favorite. It's like being right there at a show.

i'm inbetween an xxx and r rated fan. i have almost all of their recordings and they are among my favorite bands (rush, steely dan, the beatles, led zep, and the miles davis 1964-1968 quintet are my top 5). i would say that i'm really into about 75% of their material

I'm somewhere between the first and second choices. I am obsessed with the music of the '74-81 years and beyond somewhat. I'm a fan of alot of music so Rush is just one of many; although they are in a class all by themselves. I'm learning to like the post-Power Windows years but it's a slow process, I'm not much of a newer music fan of any band (last 15-20 years). The golden era of rock's ship sailed many years ago.

I put myself at the Casey Kasem level.

I have been a Rush fan for several years now. I do have several of their songs and the Rush application on my iPod Touch. I have used Rush songs as examples in other message boards and websites. I enjoyed their Time Machine concert waaaaaaaay too much. I belt the songs very loud when they come on the radio.

But my desert island band is still Queen.

Hardcore sixteen-year-old female Rush fan! Seventeen in two months. tongue.gif

Obsessed? Me? unsure.gif

Yeah, right, like it's a secret. It's not. laugh.gif

*Sings along loudly to "Dreamline"*

When we are young

Wandering the face of the earth

Wondering what our dreams might be worth

Learning that we're only immortal

for a limited time

God, Neil is amazing. They all are. All three of them. wub.gif

Okay, maybe I don't own all their albums because I'm broke, broke, broke... But I've sure as heck heard all of them and there are only a couple I don't know every song by heart. (Music downloading for the win.)

I like it all. Some of it I like a teeny bit less (like.. um.. "In the Mood" haha). Like the other things I love, I tend to be obsessive when I like something. I will randomly quote or reference Rush/their songs/their life stories in classes, on essays (I used a Rush quote in one of my AP Exams last year!!), and basically they influence lots of assets of my life. In fact, just today, I played "Territories" and "Manhattan Project" in the background of my presentation on Harry S Truman. :D I might not own a lot of their stuff but it's obvious I get what I can.

Besides, pictures of these three guys are beginning to cover my wall -- and my purse (buttons, again, for the win).

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 12 2010, 06:47 PM)
I will randomly quote or reference Rush/their songs/their life stories in classes, on essays (I used a Rush quote in one of my AP Exams last year!!), and basically they influence lots of assets of my life. In fact, just today, I played "Territories" and "Manhattan Project" in the background of my presentation on Harry S. Truman. biggrin.gif

You, my friend, are awesome. hug2.gif tongue.gif

2nd option. I own all the studio albums except Feedback, a buch of live albums, I have a few posters, and a couple of shirts. I listen to them almost everyday and they are my all-time favorite. There are a few songs I don't like (Tai Shan, High Water, Necromancer, etc) but the rest I love.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Nov 12 2010, 01:24 PM)
But my desert island band is still Queen.

Ah, a kindred spirit! Queen is my third favorite band, after Rush and the Fixx (who I followed very heavily for about three years). I went to Hollywood to see Queen get their Star on the Walk of Fame and saw Queen + Paul Rogers in Buffalo in...must have been 2006? I only wish I'd become a Rush fan in time to find out about their Star...would have tried to be there for theirs!

They've always been my favorite band, and group. I have all of their c.ds, albums, and love their music, and know quite a lot of information about them, but not to the point of being obsessed.