What is your favourite Rush decade?

barney_rebel

What is your favourite Rush decade?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Rush decade?

• 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's
    • 2000's

As much as I adore the synth era, the 70s is really the only choice. To those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not understand, no explanation is possible. :smoke:
  • Like 3

80's without a doubt

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Presto

The 70s wants its Permanent Waves back. It's only claimed as an 80s album because of a technicality . . .

It's an objective fact that Permanent Waves is a product of the 1970s, but I guess some will never accept that lol. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Rush could have sat on the Permanent Waves until last year, and then released it. It would still technically be a 70s album Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

No further than 84....

Then why exactly did you join this forum if you haven't cared for anything the band has done in so long?

Just curious.

That is a ridiculous question with a idiotic slant, with the implication of "You don't belong here with RUSH fans"

I won't speak for the original poster, but I agree

The fact is that up until 1984, RUSH released 10 studio albums ... and post 1984, they have released 9 albums ... and the question being "favorite" which means preference

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

70s because PeW and Hemispheres are their best albums and they're both from the 70s.

Yes they were both from the seventies. I think its important to reaffirm that.

• Like 5

The seventies, especially because we all know PeW is a seventies album at heart.

The eighties are awesome too.

• Like 1

How do you start a poll? When I hit "Finished" in the poll manager nothing happens. Anyway, I think the better question is which inter-live album run is your favorite: Rush-2112, AFTK-MP, Signals-HYF, Presto-T4E, or VT-CA (though we need another real album for a fourth post-Different Stages LP)? If you have to choose by decade then MP is lumped with the wrong albums (technically it is lumped with Presto, which is a violation of natural law, I suspect, like cats sleeping with dogs, or Christie Brinkley marrying Billy Joel, for instance). Maybe someone more forum savvy than I can start that poll. Obviously AFTK-MP will win, but I wonder how close it would be. Signals-HYF might give it a run, seeing as the forum has a strong contingent of lite rock fans, taking time off from the Lionel Richie and Simply Red forums to weigh in on Rush topics ;) . Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

How do you start a poll? When I hit "Finished" in the poll manager nothing happens. Anyway, I think the better question is which inter-live album run is your favorite: Rush-2112, AFTK-MP, Signals-HYF, Presto-T4E, or VT-CA (though we need another real album for a fourth post-Different Stages LP)? If you have to choose by decade then MP is lumped with the wrong albums (technically it is lumped with Presto, which is a violation of natural law, I suspect, like cats sleeping with dogs, or Christie Brinkley marrying Billy Joel, for instance).

LOL

... and a very good point in regards to the live album - as is the case with many bands, they signify an oncoming change in direction ... KISS Alive and Alive II and UFO Strangers In The Night are other good examples

Edited by Lucas

The 80's.

Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, Hold Your Fire and Presto are five of my favourite albums of all time. And Signals and Power Windows are not far behind.

As for the seventies, A Farewell To Kings is perfect, I love most of 2112 and Caress Of Steel is an early masterpiece. But the rest I can sort of live without (actually, no...Hemispheres is just as special as Signals or Power Windows). My second favourite decade, but the seventies belong to a handful of other bands whose music I prefer (Yes, Kansas, Styx).

The nineties were pretty dreadful for albums, in spite of a handful of great tunes. And although I love Vapor Trails, I can live without Snakes And Arrows and Feedback, and my admiration of Clockwork Angels has plummeted.

The seventies were absolutely fantastic, but I adore the bands eighties output a lot more.

Same for me.

I love every single album and every single song.

The 80's.

Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, Hold Your Fire and Presto are five of my favourite albums of all time. And Signals and Power Windows are not far behind.

The seventies were absolutely fantastic, but I adore the bands eighties output a lot more.

Sorry, you can't have Permanent Waves. The gravitational pull of the 70s is too strong for that album's "Jan 1, 1980 release date" to overcome. You may have Moving Pictures, but only very grudgingly, because - fashion choices notwithstanding - Rush clearly still felt that gravitational 70s pull when they created that amazing album.

• Like 1