Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

I definitely think A Change of Seasons is better than Octavarium. ACOS is a borderline top 10 DT song for me, while 8V would be lucky to make the top 20. Scarred, Voices, Learning to Live, Take the Time and Metropolis are still their five best tunes, IMO.
  • Like 1

No thanks. i like the suite but all at once. just......no. such a downer.

Mick

CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!! YEAH BOYEEEEEEEE!

Mick

CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!! YEAH BOYEEEEEEEE!

That's nice.

• Like 1

Mick

I know it's important to Mike, but I'm not joining this nostalgia trip. It being on a Sunday night makes the decision easier still.

At this point, I'm not even sure I'd see this if he were still in the band.

• Like 1

Mick

I know it's important to Mike, but I'm not joining this nostalgia trip. It being on a Sunday night makes the decision easier still.

and i'm enjoying the hell out of the work he's done since leaving DT. i know the suite is very important to him too. but it still comes across a bit as as......."hey guys remember when i was in this band?"

Again i say though. i love the work he's done since leaving though.

Micl

• Like 1

Mick

and i'm enjoying the hell out of the work he's done since leaving DT. i know the suite is very important to him too. but it still comes across a bit as as......."hey guys remember when i was in this band?"

Again i say though. i love the work he's done since leaving though.

Micl

Definitely a step backward. But it scratches his itch and there are some fans who want to see it. But I we're not among them I guess.

Like most of what Mike's done since the split. Wasn't on board with AX7, Big Elf, Metal Allegiance and A-mob. Saw A-mob's first show and it was incendiary live, but it just wasn't my thing.

Pretty much love the rest of it. Even most of the tribute stuff.

• Like 1

Mick

Def Leppard and Poison are touring, that should lift your spirits!

I'll just brood in NYC and love every minute.

Mick

If you are trying to mock him at least pick bands he likes lol

Mick

and that get's me as excited how?

how you read my rants on Hair metal?

who am i Fraroc? Def leppard's good but you still couldn't drag me to a show, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

and that get's me as excited how?

how you read my rants on Hair metal?

who am i Fraroc? Def leppard's good but you still couldn't drag me to a show, lol

Mick

If I was going to mock you I'd say Toto and Bon Jovi. I'd mock you all the way to the venue and only stop when both bands play and I cry with pure joy.

• Like 1

Let's just agree that Symphony X is the absolute best band in the whole universe and chant in unison.

All signs point to them being a band I should really like. But the times i've tried to get into them something never fully clicks with me and I don't know why. Shame because they are very good.

Let's just agree that Symphony X is the absolute best band in the whole universe and chant in unison.

All signs point to them being a band I should really like. But the times i've tried to get into them something never fully clicks with me and I don't know why. Shame because they are very good.

Same here

Same here

that's a shame Segue. maybe one day.....cause you are Segue, lol

Mick

Same here

that's a shame Segue. maybe one day.....cause you are Segue, lol

Mick

Yeah that's what I think! All the right elements are there it's just when I tried them last time...I was getting a bit burnt out on prog and metal. Even now I'm still a bit bleh to Pain Of Salvation. But I know when the time comes I will love them both!

• Like 1

I tried a bunch of times to get into them. And when it finally clicked, it was more than worth It!

Yep. This is what happened with me and Sonata Arctica last year, and even bands like Nightwish and Paradise Lost, who are now two of my top three, took around a decade to become the very favourites they are now.

Time and experience I find helps make certain artists grow in our affections.

I tried a bunch of times to get into them. And when it finally clicked, it was more than worth It!

Yep. This is what happened with me and Sonata Arctica last year, and even bands like Nightwish and Paradise Lost, who are now two of my top three, took around a decade to become the very favourites they are now.

yup. why i never really truly give up on any music.

Time can and often does reward.

Mick

yup. why i never really truly give up on any music.

Time can and often does reward.

Mick

Definitely! I will always react in the moment as I believe that's honest. I have hated many musicians output before but I am adaptable. If a song impresses...i give in...

• Like 1