Jump to content


The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!


  • Please log in to reply
1328 replies to this topic

#761 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 11 September 2021 - 03:36 AM

Cleveland's Ryan Lavarnway uses his mask to grab the ball after a pitch in the dirt.  Kolten Wong is waved home by the ump!

Lavarnway then allowed another run via interference on the batter's swing with the bases loaded.  Tough day for Ryan....

Edited by Principled Man, 11 September 2021 - 07:02 AM.


Sponsored Post

#762 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81953 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:52 AM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 11 September 2021 - 03:36 AM, said:

Cleveland's Ryan Lavarnway uses his mask to grab the ball after a pitch in the dirt.  Kolten Wong is waved home by the ump!

Kind of like this?



#763 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:02 PM

2nd No-Hitter in Milwaukee Brewers history!  

Corbin Burnes:  8 innings, 0 hits, 1 BB, 14 K’s (115 pitches)
Josh Hader:  1 inning, 0 hits, 2 K’s

Brewers 3
Indians 0

:haz: :haz: :haz:

#764 The Analog Cub

The Analog Cub

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 11168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere, but not here
  • Interests:Video games, baseball, and thrashing around on a guitar

Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:53 AM

Much like the Cardinals, I hate the Brewers but respect them (especially after Ryan Braun is gone). That was a hell of a pitching performance.

Edited by The Analog Cub, 12 September 2021 - 08:54 AM.


#765 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81953 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 12 September 2021 - 09:34 AM

A's bull pen blow another lead, this time up 6-2 going into the 8th.  Two homers in the 8th and another in the 9th.

:cheerleader:

#766 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81953 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 12 September 2021 - 06:37 PM

Scherzer, sitting at 2995 strikeouts to begin the 2nd inning, got the immaculate inning earning three K's on nine straight pitches, Tatis being the first.

:notworthy:

#767 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 12 September 2021 - 06:48 PM

View Postgoose, on 12 September 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

Scherzer, sitting at 2995 strikeouts to begin the 2nd inning, got the immaculate inning earning three K's on nine straight pitches, Tatis being the first.

:notworthy:
Tied my all-time favorite baseball player, Sandy Koufax for the most immaculate innings career.

#768 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81953 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:12 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 12 September 2021 - 06:48 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 September 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

Scherzer, sitting at 2995 strikeouts to begin the 2nd inning, got the immaculate inning earning three K's on nine straight pitches, Tatis being the first.

:notworthy:
Tied my all-time favorite baseball player, Sandy Koufax for the most immaculate innings career.
That's some damn good company right there.

#769 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:33 PM

View Postgoose, on 12 September 2021 - 07:12 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 12 September 2021 - 06:48 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 September 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

Scherzer, sitting at 2995 strikeouts to begin the 2nd inning, got the immaculate inning earning three K's on nine straight pitches, Tatis being the first.

:notworthy:
Tied my all-time favorite baseball player, Sandy Koufax for the most immaculate innings career.
That's some damn good company right there.

Posted Image

#770 The Analog Cub

The Analog Cub

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 11168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere, but not here
  • Interests:Video games, baseball, and thrashing around on a guitar

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:46 PM

Mad Max gets 3000 strikeouts! Hell of a career milestone.

#771 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:29 PM

Can’t believe the Angels won a season series against a team with a much better record and this one is nice because screw unwritten rule LaRussa.

#772 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:04 PM

Against the Red Sox the Mariners bullpen finally couldn't take the weight of carrying the offense the whole season and now they're pretty much done. A nice year, but the usual results.....no playoffs for 21 straight seasons now.

#773 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:34 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 17 September 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

Against the Red Sox the Mariners bullpen finally couldn't take the weight of carrying the offense the whole season and now they're pretty much done. A nice year, but the usual results.....no playoffs for 21 straight seasons now.

At least you've got the all star in 2 years.  The year I went to my first Angels game as a kid was the same as the all star game there in 1989 oddly enough and the hero of that game hit a home run off them since the Royals were the opponent.

Posted Image

Edited by invisible airwave, 17 September 2021 - 05:37 PM.


#774 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:27 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 17 September 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 17 September 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

Against the Red Sox the Mariners bullpen finally couldn't take the weight of carrying the offense the whole season and now they're pretty much done. A nice year, but the usual results.....no playoffs for 21 straight seasons now.

At least you've got the all star in 2 years.  The year I went to my first Angels game as a kid was the same as the all star game there in 1989 oddly enough and the hero of that game hit a home run off them since the Royals were the opponent.

Posted Image
Yeah the AS game was nice. If you've never been to T-Mobile, try to get up here and attend a game there. Beautiful ballpark.

#775 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:03 AM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 18 September 2021 - 06:27 AM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 17 September 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 17 September 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

Against the Red Sox the Mariners bullpen finally couldn't take the weight of carrying the offense the whole season and now they're pretty much done. A nice year, but the usual results.....no playoffs for 21 straight seasons now.

At least you've got the all star in 2 years.  The year I went to my first Angels game as a kid was the same as the all star game there in 1989 oddly enough and the hero of that game hit a home run off them since the Royals were the opponent.

Posted Image
Yeah the AS game was nice. If you've never been to T-Mobile, try to get up here and attend a game there. Beautiful ballpark.

I keep hearing how it's one of the best from many people.  My mom's friend since high school lives there and my cousin and her husband moved there from San Clemente.  Her husband worked for Microsoft and now works for Amazon there.

#776 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:36 PM

Karma needs to hurry the fork up!  FU Asstron.

Posted Image

Hoping they face the wild card and east winner to get eliminated because I'm not fond of the White Sox solely just to stick it to LaRussa and his unwritten rule BS.

Edited by invisible airwave, 21 September 2021 - 03:37 PM.


#777 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:34 PM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 21 September 2021 - 03:36 PM, said:

Karma needs to hurry the fork up!  FU Asstron.

Posted Image

Hoping they face the wild card and east winner to get eliminated because I'm not fond of the White Sox solely just to stick it to LaRussa and his unwritten rule BS.
Gawd I hate them, maybe even worse than the yankoffs and that's saying something for me.

#778 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:32 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 22 September 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 21 September 2021 - 03:36 PM, said:

Karma needs to hurry the fork up!  FU Asstron.

Posted Image

Hoping they face the wild card and east winner to get eliminated because I'm not fond of the White Sox solely just to stick it to LaRussa and his unwritten rule BS.
Gawd I hate them, maybe even worse than the yankoffs and that's saying something for me.

At least they won't make it far with Boone and Heaney.  I should know about the latter.  He sucked for my team and he sucks for the evil empire.  They even gave him a no decision recently.  He got traded for a prospect with the last name of Junk.  Junk for junk! :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave, 22 September 2021 - 05:32 PM.


#779 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 23 September 2021 - 01:34 AM

Obviously, the Milwaukee Brewers, losers of 4 straight and 6 of last 8, are just playing possum..... :facepalm:

#780 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Tin Cup

  • Members
  • 4091 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 23 September 2021 - 12:52 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 23 September 2021 - 01:34 AM, said:

Obviously, the Milwaukee Brewers, losers of 4 straight and 6 of last 8, are just playing possum..... :facepalm:

The Cardinals appreciate the performance!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users