70s or 80s? Which had the best top-grossing films?

goose

Better Decade for Film: 70s vs 80s  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the better top-grossing film?

• Love Story vs.
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Fiddler on the Roof vs.
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Godfather vs.
    • E.T.
    • The Sting vs.
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Towering Inferno vs.
    • Beverly Hills Cop
  2. 2. Which was the better top-grossing film?

• Jaws vs.
    • Back to the Future
    • Rocky vs.
    • Top Gun
    • Star Wars vs.
    • Three Men and a Baby
    • Grease vs.
    • Rainman
    • Kramer vs Kramer
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

And how about this matchup right now...?

http://46.media.tumblr.com/88066f668f5c21207714f4fcac1b543f/tumblr_npx1v4IacE1qzgwh4o3_500.gif http://thumbs.gfycat.com/SimilarDeliciousIcelandgull-small.gif

I like how tight this is.

That’s what she said.

:hail:

• Like 1

I've picked by voting. The movies I've chosen to vote for are: "Star Wars: Episode V - the Empire Strikes Back", "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "E.T. the Extra- Terrestrial", which was one I was thinking of against "the Godfather", "Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi", which was the other one I was thinking of against "the Sting", "Beverly Hills Cop", "Jaws", "Rocky", "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope", "Rain Man", and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". I've liked "Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi" a little bit more, than "Star Wars: Episode V - the Empire Strikes Back", and with three Star Wars' movies on the list, I felt I had to vote for all three of them. In "Jaws", and "Back to the Future", having two movies associated with, and from Steven Spielberg against each other was the other not easy choice to vote. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

And how about this matchup right now...?

http://46.media.tumblr.com/88066f668f5c21207714f4fcac1b543f/tumblr_npx1v4IacE1qzgwh4o3_500.gif http://thumbs.gfycat.com/SimilarDeliciousIcelandgull-small.gif

I like how tight this is.

That’s what she said.

:hail:

This was the only tough decision.

Edited by thesweetscience

Four went with Towering Inferno over Beverly Hills Cop... The only thing I could remember about that film was that Fred astaire was in it. I had totally forgotten about Faye Dunaway and these two guys...

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Four went with Towering Inferno over Beverly Hills Cop... The only thing I could remember about that film was that Fred astaire was in it. I had totally forgotten about Faye Dunaway and these two guys...

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

And some guy who used to play football. I wonder what happened to him after his last Naked Gun movie.

• Like 1

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

And some guy who used to play football. I wonder what happened to him after his last Naked Gun movie.

I believe he went on to become a well known trader in sports memorabilia.

:LOL:

• Like 3

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

Shitty glove salesman, though.

• Like 1

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

:laughing guy:
  • Like 2

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

I should make time to revisit Towering Inferno and Earthquake...no CGI just real men, real women and expensive models.

f284cdb3242e558450499e5a95e6abf6.jpg

• Like 1

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

I should make time to revisit Towering Inferno and Earthquake...no CGI just real men, real women and expensive models.

I loved all those disaster movies, Inferno, Earthquake, Airport, Poseidon. I even loved the parody film the Big Bus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bus

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

Just saw that on Showtime months ago.

taijnenfididsreedsf1.jpg

And because of him, Kartrashians exist.

I loved all those disaster movies, Inferno, Earthquake, Airport, Poseidon. I even loved the parody film the Big Bus.

https://en.m.wikiped...iki/The_Big_Bus

I am not familiar with The Big Bus (although I do know Weird Al's "Another One Rides the Bus"), but surely the parody of parodies is "Airplane!" I'm smiling right now just typing the title . . .