Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker [Spoiler-Free Thread]

Principled Man

I enjoyed it, although there was a TON of fan service. Couple good surprises, and the final scene was nice.

That one cameo shared with Kylo was probably worth $2 alone for me

I cried there. I was already emotional and that scene let a couple tears loose.

Yes but then I was WTF? Death means nothing in these films.

NO SPOILERS, DAMMIT!!!!!
  • Like 1

I don't know when I'll see it (if I could avoid the in-laws, I might sneak out this weekend), but I'll probably try to avoid most reviews, essays, think-pieces, and hot takes if I can. I'm not going off the grid just so I don't accidentally learn something about Rey or Kylo, etc.

I, too, hope it's just well done, as living up to the hype is pretty much impossible, given there will be rabid haters and fanatical believers no matter which way things go.

Remember the last episode of Seinfeld? Widely panned as disappointing, it's a reminder that it's just damned hard to end things well, unless there's a natural end (like M.A.S.H., maybe) or there's been a plan/arc since the beginning.

Looking forward to it.

That last ep of Seinfeld was disappointing at the time, but watching it now, it couldn't be a better ending to the series. It's great.

It's still awful.

I don’t remember the ending, I only remember not liking it at the time.

The best sitcom series finale I can think of was Cheers’ last episode. The very last scene closed it off well imho

Newhart had the best series finale of any sitcom ever.
  • Like 1

I don't know when I'll see it (if I could avoid the in-laws, I might sneak out this weekend), but I'll probably try to avoid most reviews, essays, think-pieces, and hot takes if I can. I'm not going off the grid just so I don't accidentally learn something about Rey or Kylo, etc.

I, too, hope it's just well done, as living up to the hype is pretty much impossible, given there will be rabid haters and fanatical believers no matter which way things go.

Remember the last episode of Seinfeld? Widely panned as disappointing, it's a reminder that it's just damned hard to end things well, unless there's a natural end (like M.A.S.H., maybe) or there's been a plan/arc since the beginning.

Looking forward to it.

That last ep of Seinfeld was disappointing at the time, but watching it now, it couldn't be a better ending to the series. It's great.

It's still awful.

I don’t remember the ending, I only remember not liking it at the time.

The best sitcom series finale I can think of was Cheers’ last episode. The very last scene closed it off well imho

Newhart had the best series finale of any sitcom ever.

That was a good show but I never did see the series finale

THIS MOVIE IS AN EPIC MASTERPIECE!!!!! It gets a 10 from me!!! I've seen every Star Wars film in the theater since I was a 9 year old boy in 1977. Saw it with my parents. Saw RISE OF SKYWALKER with my parents on Thursday night. Perfect closure for me!
  • Like 2

THIS MOVIE IS AN EPIC MASTERPIECE!!!!! It gets a 10 from me!!! I've seen every Star Wars film in the theater since I was a 9 year old boy in 1977. Saw it with my parents. Saw RISE OF SKYWALKER with my parents on Thursday night. Perfect closure for me!

Yay!

• Like 1

Yay!

I love you dude! Your musical tastes are incredible and I love your thirst for more musical knowledge!

Merry Christmas! Happy New Beer!

Cheers!

RUSH ON!!

May The Force Be With You!

• Like 2

Rose colored 3D glasses?

• Like 1

Rose colored 3D glasses?

Is it Zelix approved?

GlpljMM.gif

Thought it was well done overall. The beginning was a bit rough, dialogue stilted and I really don't like Kylo Ren. But it picked up and I did like the way it turned out. Last scene is spot on! Going to see it again since there was so much going on. It will be interesting to see what comes next, this story arc had reached its limits.
  • Like 1

Rose colored 3D glasses?

Hahahaha! You kill me! I saw RISE with my girlfriend Rose. I was wearing special bootleg 4D glasses baby! MASTERPIECE!

• Like 1

Rose colored 3D glasses?

Is it Zelix approved?

GlpljMM.gif

I'm a flaming banana and I love the Skywalker story.

Don't give a shit what the masses think.

You can't get a "Rise" out of me because it's "Everyday Glory."

Warhol was right with the banana that was actually pink.

Rotten Tomatoes can kiss my Rebel Scum Ass.

The Fan Vote is what matters so empty your fuckingg bloated bladders.

"Snakes & Ladders," it's all the same.

There is a critic hiding in every corner.

Stuck inside the labyrinth of some Hotel Hobby Lobby Bar.

I feel sorry for the fools of today who can't grasp the passion for a lead guitar.

Fuckk it.

Opinions are like stars. Everyone is one despite the Super Nova End.

You haters must be Star Trek Fruits. Oh wow how sad.

Go watch Baby Yoda become our next true friend

While the next Sith Sperm ignites the immaculate reception inside the

Oakland Raider fad........

Viva Las Vegas Mother Fukkkkkkers!

I am not glad.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I've watched "Star Wars: Episode IX - the Rise of Skywalker", and I like it a lot.
  • Like 1