The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Well know we know who will be representing the west! I didn't watch the whole game but when I went to bed it was 2-0 Vegas. When I awoke this morning I see Dallas came back to win it 3-2. Now to see who will be representing the Eastern. We could have that answer tonight! Y'all know who I am rooting for!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

: Hockeygoon:

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I forgot about Maroon. :moon:

Or Schenn.. ;) Not Blues players anymore. :LOL:

Guess this playoff season is wrapping up for me, not so excited for the prospect of Stars and Tampa for the final. :sigh:

I am sure Vegas will come back and make a series out of it...

Yeah, they're only one more Dallas injury away from winning this series. ;)

Really? Ask Colorado about injuries...Dallas can dish it out plenty. Avs did pretty good considering after Dallas took out Johnson, Calvert, Timms, Donskoi and Landeskog. I know this is a rough game but that was ridiculous.

So Vegas lost, blew a 2 goal lead. :rage: I doubt Dallas will be winning the Cup, hope the Bolts win tonight. :hockey: :popcorn:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Guess this playoff season is wrapping up for me, not so excited for the prospect of Stars and Tampa for the final. :sigh:

Really? Ask Colorado about injuries...Dallas can dish it out plenty. Avs did pretty good considering after Dallas took out Johnson, Calvert, Timms, Donskoi and Landeskog. I know this is a rough game but that was ridiculous.

So Vegas lost, blew a 2 goal lead. :rage: I doubt Dallas will be winning the Cup, hope the Bolts win tonight. :hockey: :popcorn:

I meant if Khudobin went down. I know Dallas just knocked out two of your teams so perhaps now it's not the best time to chat? ;)
  • Like 1

It wasn't in the cards last night and boy am I tired today... It was a late night with too early of a rise (4:30am) this morning. I think me Bolts will take it in game six. But with that said unfortunately this team does have the capability (& history) of being a let down... We will only know tomorrow.

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 2

It wasn't in the cards last night and boy am I tired today... It was a late night with too early of a rise (4:30am) this morning. I think me Bolts will take it in game six. But with that said unfortunately this team does have the capability (& history) of being a let down... We will only know tomorrow.

Let's GO Lightning!!!

You might as well lose tomorrow. It'll give Stamkos more time to recover. ;)

Funny, I have been hoping the Isles would win then in a fit of pique, I change sides. Then Isles win! :blush: I should have known better but now I have egg on my face.. :facepalm: I'm still ticked that Dallas won, not sure why it has me so upset, I haven't really cared about them for years. I was happy when they won the Cup in 1999 and for a short while they were the parent club to our IHL hockey team. Now we are an ECHL team and share an agreement with the Colorado Eagles and the Avalanche. I have been following the Avs for years with my Mom and kept tabs on them in her memory. I really thought this year the Avs would make it to the 3rd round. I also have two friends who love Dallas and have been sending me snarky texts when they win. So I let them get to me and you got the backlash too. Now I will go sit quietly in the corner. :hockeygoon: :eh: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Funny, I have been hoping the Isles would win then in a fit of pique, I change sides. Then Isles win! :blush: I should have known better but now I have egg on my face.. :facepalm: I'm still ticked that Dallas won, not sure why it has me so upset, I haven't really cared about them for years. I was happy when they won the Cup in 1999 and for a short while they were the parent club to our IHL hockey team. Now we are an ECHL team and share an agreement with the Colorado Eagles and the Avalanche. I have been following the Avs for years with my Mom and kept tabs on them in her memory. I really thought this year the Avs would make it to the 3rd round. I also have two friends who love Dallas and have been sending me snarky texts when they win. So I let them get to me and now I will go sit quietly in the corner. :hockeygoon: :eh:

What did you think about the Brett Hull OT winner?
  • Like 1

Funny, I have been hoping the Isles would win then in a fit of pique, I change sides. Then Isles win! :blush: I should have known better but now I have egg on my face.. :facepalm: I'm still ticked that Dallas won, not sure why it has me so upset, I haven't really cared about them for years. I was happy when they won the Cup in 1999 and for a short while they were the parent club to our IHL hockey team. Now we are an ECHL team and share an agreement with the Colorado Eagles and the Avalanche. I have been following the Avs for years with my Mom and kept tabs on them in her memory. I really thought this year the Avs would make it to the 3rd round. I also have two friends who love Dallas and have been sending me snarky texts when they win. So I let them get to me and now I will go sit quietly in the corner. :hockeygoon: :eh:

I could see how the Sabres felt cheated, he was in the crease but I was glad for him and the Stars. Plus I was never a fan of Hasek, so I didn't feel too sad. Nowadays that would have been overruled for sure.

• Like 2

I could see how the Sabres felt cheated, he was in the crease but I was glad for him and the Stars. Plus I was never a fan of Hasek, so I didn't feel too sad. Nowadays that would have been overruled for sure.

And Ed Belfour won a Cup. :cool:
  • Like 1

I know you weren't asking me and don't care, but after he abandoned the Blues, I hoped for only bad things to come his way. Of course, that's not what happened, is it?

• Like 3

I know you weren't asking me and don't care, but after he abandoned the Blues, I hoped for only bad things to come his way. Of course, that's not what happened, is it?

To avoid this controversy, I think he should've played only for the Hawks. ;)
  • Like 2

WWWWWWWWEWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuff Said!!!!

Sorry 73! :( Your team played one HELL of a series and by all rights out played me Bolts on many many occasions There's always next year!

No that's all for now...

for real this time ;)

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Sorry :blush:

:LMAO:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

And now begins the least interesting Cup final ever. Can only imagine the ratings for this snoozefest.

I may be biased when I say this,I think it will be an exciting Stanley Cup series. My only regret is that I will not have an opportunity to root my team on in person!In my seat at Amalie Arena! That is what I will miss the most especially if me Bolts go on to win the whole thing. I do not know how many of y'all are season ticket holders for your respective clubs. I am & I truly miss being able to see live Hockey in person. Maybe why this playoff bubble thing gives me a feeling of Surrealism.

• Like 4

I'm glad, at least, to see it is going to be a Tampa Bay and Dallas Stanley Cup Final, and there will be a finish to the 2019/20 season. If there wouldn't have been because of what's happened around the world, then who knows what would be next. I've said, who I would like to see win given a choice, and I haven't changed it. In the I999 Stanley Cup Final between Dallas, and Buffalo, I do remember what happened to Buffalo, too. At the time, I was glad to see Dallas win it. I didn't like Buffalo, too. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Congrats to the Bolts. Going into this series I thought the Isles beating them would be a tall order, but now that it's over, we hung with them pretty good. A couple of plays going a different way could have swung that series our way.

It's a shame we spotted them that first game, but the Bolts were rewarded for finishing their previous series early while we went seven against the Flyers with three OT games, plus having to play an extra round.

Seeing as Dallas is my secondary team, who I'll be pulling for in the final should be obvious.

• Like 1

Got to give the Isles credit, they almost took it to 7 games. They and Vancouver will be back, good teams. I let my feelings out about Dallas in an earlier post so I will give Tampa my vote. Have to agree, I am not as excited as in past Finals. This one reminds me of 2008, didn't care for either team and only watched a couple of games. Still don't get why Hasek gets rated so high as a goalie. He was a freak of nature and his flopping around the crease was awful. I liked Roy and Brodeur's style.

So I guess it is time for my Babylon 5 binge watch. :coy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4

As usual, when Hawks are not involved, I will be rooting for the Eastern Conference representative in the final, although I can't help but feel sympathy for a team that eliminated two of the biggest snobs in the NHL. So, if Dallas wins, I won't be cutting my veins.
  • Like 1