Glenn Tipton has Parkinson's Disease...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 9121 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

http://www.blabbermo...insons-disease/

Oh man...

Sponsored Post

#2 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 8158 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

FUUUCCCCKKKK-NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
That's some horrible news. So sad that he's no longer able to go on tour. I'm shell-shocked!

#3 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

Professor Gumby

• Members
  • 64685 posts
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

That's heartbreaking :(

#4 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 86928 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

I suspected something like this. He looked very shaky in interviews for the Redeemer promotion and we haven't seen him in public for about 2 years, since the last tour. And in the lead up to Firepower he's been conspicuous by his absence.

I wonder if KK Downing can make a triumphant return in his familiar role with Richie taking over Glenn's role? Or will they get someone new?

#5 Amps211

Amps211

The Seeker

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Rock and folk music and family and beer

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

shitty disease for sure .. watched it take my mother-in-law slowly over a 7 year span ... maybe the drugs are improving .. I hope

#6 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 4658 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

Dang....

#7 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 9121 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 12 February 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I suspected something like this. He looked very shaky in interviews for the Redeemer promotion and we haven't seen him in public for about 2 years, since the last tour. And in the lead up to Firepower he's been conspicuous by his absence.

I wonder if KK Downing can make a triumphant return in his familiar role with Richie taking over Glenn's role? Or will they get someone new?

Andy Sneap will play guitar on the next tour.

#8 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 86928 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 12 February 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Yeah I know but that can't be the permanent solution can it? And that's what I'm talking about.

#9 HemispheresserehpsimeH

HemispheresserehpsimeH

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Sneap and Faulkner. Definitely didn't see this coming for a touring duo. Sucks to see this news. It'll be sad to not see Glenn up there in March when I see them.

#10 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21757 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

He could have fooled me. He's done a tremendous job over the last 10 years. When I saw him about 3 years ago, he didn't miss a note.

#11 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 81778 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

Aw, man...  :(

#12 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 86928 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

http://ultimateclass...p-judas-priest/

#13 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2577 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

View PostAmps211, on 12 February 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

shitty disease for sure .. watched it take my mother-in-law slowly over a 7 year span ... maybe the drugs are improving .. I hope

Michael J Fox is still alive and kicking after dealing with Parkinson's since he was in his late 20s.

There might still be hope for Glenn

#14 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 11753 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

All the best to Glenn - the man is an icon and always came across as nothing but class and a gentleman

I hope he finds a doctor, or doctors, who can help ... "Parkinson's Disease" is a name given to a set of symptoms - it is a term used by doctors when the cause is unknown ( to them ) and should not be looked at as a death sentence ..

There are causes, and in going thru what I have with my health, I have met three people who had the symptoms of Parkinson's and had been diagnosed with Parkinson's  - and traced back, the cause was Lyme Disease and the borrelia bacteria ..

It is no coincidence that just prior to the onset of their symptoms, both Michael J Fox and Linda Ronstadt had been diagnosed with Lyme ..

There is an enormous controversy and divide among MDs and the medical establishment as to the course of treatment for Lyme, and it can be traced to insurance companies ..

Apologies for the diversion here, but this is something near and dear to me and something that I have lived thru ... Whatever is causing Glenn's symptoms, I hope he gets the right help ..

http://danielcameron...n-lyme-disease/

Edited by Lucas, 12 February 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#15 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10532 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

View Postfraroc, on 12 February 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostAmps211, on 12 February 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Michael J Fox is still alive and kicking after dealing with Parkinson's since he was in his late 20s.

There might still be hope for Glenn

But Fox was much younger when he got the diagnosis. Big difference between someone in their 20s going through a medical issue than a 70 year old man. Also, Fox moved to part time acting before he was 40 due to parkinsons. So it didn't take too many years for it to become so bad for him that he couldn't work regularly anymore. Glenn has battled this for ten years as an older musician who has toured the world extensively during that time. No doubt that took a huge toll on him.

I guess I never paid attention to Glenn's body language when I saw them live on the last couple tours because I didn't notice anything might be wrong. He's certainly earned his retirement but it's too bad it had to come this way.

#16 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11376 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

thats a guy punch. I wish him all the best.

I already have my tix for April and it's just not gonna be the same without Glenn and KK.

#17 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11376 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 12 February 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yeah I know but that can't be the permanent solution can it? And that's what I'm talking about.

cant be permanent, Might has well be a Halford solo project

#18 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 86928 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostRushman14, on 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 12 February 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

cant be permanent, Might has well be a Halford solo project
Unless it is!

#19 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 6837 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostLucas, on 12 February 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

All the best to Glenn - the man is an icon and always came across as nothing but class and a gentleman

I hope he finds a doctor, or doctors, who can help ... "Parkinson's Disease" is a name given to a set of symptoms - it is a term used by doctors when the cause is unknown ( to them ) and should not be looked at as a death sentence ..

There are causes, and in going thru what I have with my health, I have met three people who had the symptoms of Parkinson's and had been diagnosed with Parkinson's  - and traced back, the cause was Lyme Disease and the borrelia bacteria ..

It is no coincidence that just prior to the onset of their symptoms, both Michael J Fox and Linda Ronstadt had been diagnosed with Lyme ..

There is an enormous controversy and divide among MDs and the medical establishment as to the course of treatment for Lyme, and it can be traced to insurance companies ..

Apologies for the diversion here, but this is something near and dear to me and something that I have lived thru ... Whatever is causing Glenn's symptoms, I hope he gets the right help ..

http://danielcameron...n-lyme-disease/

I'm interested to see this. My late mother in law was diagnosed with early onset dementia only a few years after battling a bad Lyme infection.  I think there's a lot more to how Lyme affects the body that hasn't been discovered yet.

Edited by blueschica, 12 February 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#20 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 6837 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

And I'm so sorry to hear this about Glenn.  I wonder, also, if they can get Downing to return . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users