28 replies to this topic

#21 BenjaminW

BenjaminW

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Music and History

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Moving Pictures is obviously going to get some kinda 40th anniversary stuff, but I think it would be cool for Rush to put out a box set of bootlegs sometime down the road.

Sponsored Post

#22 taurus

taurus

The Seeker

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

Yeah I see Tull in stages. Roughly speaking - the early stuff with Clive and Glenn 1968-71, part 2 with Barlow/Hammond renaissance/minstrel Tull 71-75, part 3 1976-78 rustic countryside Tull. For me Stormwatch was the last Tull album. Not saying what follows isn't very good, I thoroughly enjoy Broadsword, "A", Crest of a Knave, but it really seems like the band thing was dropped after Stormwatch and it was just Ian bringing along Martin to do solo albums. Not a criticism, just my opinion.

#23 Tero

Tero

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Absolutely, the first album of Tull is a different beast from the rest. I liked Glenn cornick on bass.

#24 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5913 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

I'd much rather hear demos, re-mixes, music only mixes or live stuff than other bands interpreting their music.  I definitely DON'T want to hear Dream Theatre doing Hemispheres, or Foo Fighters doing the Trees, or whatever.  Also, instead of commissioning new album art, I wish they could spend the money on really good quality colour reproduction of the original covers.

If they do Hemispheres, the vinyl must be RED, too . . . and include the poster.

#25 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

Yes i would like to see the covers fully restored including extras like the poster in Hemispheres,something that Jimmy Page didn't get right with the deluxe Zep reissues among other things.My wife likes the new cover of AFTK,i do not.

#26 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32389 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

I really hate the cover art

Edited by Segue Myles, 24 November 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#27 Tero

Tero

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Foo Fighters would be OK but not on Trees. I think the lyrics are too much in the Peart Randian era, but the song itself is OK. I don't skip it. A cover of it, I would not play it.

#28 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

I bet they will release one of the many soundboard's that are  out there from the hemispheres tour and clean it up..

#29 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2889 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Well knowing that there ARE demos, (and cassette mixes) I think there would be possible pre-release versions of most albums....  Now I'm hoping that they continue this trend, and we possibly get the demo of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" in a Permanent Waves anniversary....

But I am bummed that we haven't received anything from Caress of Steel.... I'd be willing to bet that some live stuff exists in their vaults.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users