Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1817 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:27 AM

View Postytserush, on 05 December 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostMr. JD, on 03 December 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Overall, I like both and design and content of this box set. The only bad part is how much space it takes up in the album rack! I sure am glad I preordered at Amazon. I got it for $97.00. On the day of release it went up to $149.00!

May get the box at some point, but I'm more than happy with the 3CD set for now.

It kind of bothers me that I had to box up some of my original US Atomics to make room for this on the main Rush shelf so I don't have a CD on the shelf with the original cover art, but it's the best sounding Kings CD I have.(Can't exactly pull out the Mobile Fidelity 2112 or the two 2112 deluxe editions because of the live tracks from 1981 Edmonton  on one and the alternate Massey Hall tracks on the other.)

I haven’t reconfigured the CD rack yet. Just the LP shelves for the box. My Rush CDs’ use about 30 inches of space in my CD rack so I know where you’re coming from.

Sponsored Post

#122 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2889 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

View Postblueschica, on 02 December 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostJaminbenb, on 02 December 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 02 December 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 02 December 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I got the 3CD set, and it'll be there when I get back to work on Monday

For now, 2112 from Hammersmith was released on youtube yesterday ..

I love it, warts and all ... it takes Geddy a few verses to get his vocals under control, but as we get to the 2nd half of Temples and into Discovery, he starts nailing it ..

I also love Alex's bit from Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

As great as Neil was/is, he had issues keeping time in the early days ... but that only adds to the magic for me

Thanks for putting up these videos- I have been loving them!  I'm missing a little of the excitement since I'm waiting for Santa to bring me the 3 CD set- I can't wait!

Hoping mine comes soon..... Btw...where in Central PA?   I'm in Hershey/Hummelstown area....
Mechanicsburg-Carlisle area!  Although we are in Hershey a lot for Bears' games!

Ok, cool... Haven't been to a Bear's game since 1969....  (not a fan! hahahaha!)

#123 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5967 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostJaminbenb, on 06 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

I love it, warts and all ... it takes Geddy a few verses to get his vocals under control, but as we get to the 2nd half of Temples and into Discovery, he starts nailing it ..

As great as Neil was/is, he had issues keeping time in the early days ... but that only adds to the magic for me

Thanks for putting up these videos- I have been loving them!  I'm missing a little of the excitement since I'm waiting for Santa to bring me the 3 CD set- I can't wait!

Hoping mine comes soon..... Btw...where in Central PA?   I'm in Hershey/Hummelstown area....
Mechanicsburg-Carlisle area!  Although we are in Hershey a lot for Bears' games!

Ok, cool... Haven't been to a Bear's game since 1969....  (not a fan! hahahaha!)

I just heard about this today- Solar Federation, a Rush tribute band, in Harrisburg at Appalachian Brewing Co. Abbey Bar 12/16  !!  I probably won't be able to go, due to a neighborhood Christmas party, but anyway here is the info!

http://abcbrew.com/e...tribute-band-2/

#124 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2889 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

View Postblueschica, on 06 December 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostJaminbenb, on 06 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

I just heard about this today- Solar Federation, a Rush tribute band, in Harrisburg at Appalachian Brewing Co. Abbey Bar 12/16  !!  I probably won't be able to go, due to a neighborhood Christmas party, but anyway here is the info!

http://abcbrew.com/e...tribute-band-2/

I've been seeing that. Although, I have mixed feelings about Rush tribute bands, and have pretty much boycotted them... there's a thread on here somewhere with me debating this with someone a few years back...

#125 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

still didn't get mine from backstage yet. and I even pre ordered it back in October. never again.. cant even get a hold of them on the phone.. amazon all the way. I would have had it by now..

#126 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5967 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

View Postnicky6, on 06 December 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

still didn't get mine from backstage yet. and I even pre ordered it back in October. never again.. cant even get a hold of them on the phone.. amazon all the way. I would have had it by now..

:(     :(        That's pretty lousy of them.

#127 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32402 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:54 AM

I would rather finally get around to purchasing the Sector sets than ever buying these individual sets.

The new artwork is honestly a travesty and I am gobsmacked anyone thought it worthy of an offocial release.

#128 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1817 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 December 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

I would rather finally get around to purchasing the Sector sets than ever buying these individual sets.

The new artwork is honestly a travesty and I am gobsmacked anyone thought it worthy of an offocial release.

I agree that the new artwork is not as good, but Hugh Syme still did it so I'll give it a pass.
A travesty would have been new art work by a artist other than Hugh.

#129 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7054 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

I feel like Syme's been very inconsistent for a while now. I don't like the new Kings artwork either.

#130 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 84466 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostStormtron, on 07 December 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I feel like Syme's been very inconsistent for a while now. I don't like the new Kings artwork either.
It looks like Tim Burton did it.

#131 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32402 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 07 December 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

I agree that the new artwork is not as good, but Hugh Syme still did it so I'll give it a pass.

The fact it is Hugh makes me hate it even more. It is the shittest thing an artist of his calibre has ever had published for such a high end release.

EDIT: That I am aware of.

Edited by Segue Myles, 07 December 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#132 chemistry

chemistry

The Seeker

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

View Postnicky6, on 06 December 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Me either. My tracking # says delivery by Dec 9th. I should have known better too since I got screwed a few yrs back with the “one size fits MOST” hat I bought from them!  I called and they said $15.00 to send it back on my dime!!

#133 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

got mine today... the live show is good

#134 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5967 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

View Postnicky6, on 07 December 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#135 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2889 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

View Postnicky6, on 07 December 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Interestingly there's only a few songs that were left off of the Different Stages release....but it's cool to finally hear them!

#136 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

I just did a side by side, and I prefer the mix on DS , it has more balls and punchy.. sad they just couldn't leave lakeside park and closer to the heart on that one. and I wouldn't even would have got this new one..

#137 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3920 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostMr. JD, on 07 December 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

It's not as bad as I initially thought. (the three pieces that we saw before release are actually the worst of the lot, front cover and covers for Cygnus and Closer To The Heart.)

I like really like the rest of the art on the inside. It seems more in keeping with the theme of the album.

#138 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3920 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

View Postnicky6, on 08 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

I just did a side by side, and I prefer the mix on DS , it has more balls and punchy.. sad they just couldn't leave lakeside park and closer to the heart on that one. and I wouldn't even would have got this new one..

The new mix is more level and balanced though maybe compressed a bit. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Happy to be able to enjoy both for different reasons.

#139 Self-Indulgence

Self-Indulgence

The Professor

• Members
  • 4632 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 02:31 PM

Finally scored this box at Best Buy over the weekend. Got the last one. Definitely my favorite Rush studio album.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users