Jump to content


The Rush Forum's Top 200 TV Shows


  • Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#41 Rushian King

Rushian King

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1522 posts
  • Location:Toronto

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

22-- SCTV (1976-1981). What a cast: Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Dave Thomas, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Robin Duke and.... wtf, Tony Rosato? The cast and their show are better than SNL although to be fair SCTV is only 30 minutes while SNL is stretched out over 90. Never seen (I think) SCTV Network 90, a 2 season, 90 minute version aired from 1981-1983.

Sponsored Post

#42 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostRushian King, on 16 September 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

22-- SCTV (1976-1981). What a cast: Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Dave Thomas, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Robin Duke and.... wtf, Tony Rosato? The cast and their show are better than SNL although to be fair SCTV is only 30 minutes while SNL is stretched out over 90. Never seen (I think) SCTV Network 90, a 2 season, 90 minute version aired from 1981-1983.
They were able to fill 90 minutes without too much of a problem.   This was a great show, and should have been on before SNL, since there were no DVRs so you had to stay up till 12:30 to watch it, if you were lucky enough to be in a market that showed it.

I think my favorite episode is when the Soviet satellite took over the broadcast and they parodied the type of drivel that would have been shown on Soviet TV.

#43 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 16 September 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostRushian King, on 16 September 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

22-- SCTV (1976-1981). What a cast: Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Dave Thomas, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Robin Duke and.... wtf, Tony Rosato? The cast and their show are better than SNL although to be fair SCTV is only 30 minutes while SNL is stretched out over 90. Never seen (I think) SCTV Network 90, a 2 season, 90 minute version aired from 1981-1983.
They were able to fill 90 minutes without too much of a problem.   This was a great show, and should have been on before SNL, since there were no DVRs so you had to stay up till 12:30 to watch it, if you were lucky enough to be in a market that showed it.

I think my favorite episode is when the Soviet satellite took over the broadcast and they parodied the type of drivel that would have been shown on Soviet TV.



#44 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

1) Star Trek ( Ken Jennings )
2) The Wire ( Maverick )
3) Kung Fu ( Johnny Blaze )
4) Mad Men ( Rushian King )
5) All In The Family ( Narps )
6) The Twilight Zone ( Lucas )
7) Six Feet Under (custom55)
8) 30 Rock (Segue Myles)
9)Taxi (thesweetscience)
10) The Ren and Stimpy Show (hemibeers)
11) The Venture Bros. (ReRushed)
12) Green Acres ( Narps )
13) X Files ( Permanent Rush )
14) The Odd Couple ( Lucas )
15) Monty Python's Flying Circus (goose)
16) Seinfeld (Rushian King)
17) Twin Peaks (original)(hemibeers)
18) M*A*S*H (Narps)
19) Cheers (Johnny Blaze)
20) Leave it to Beaver (LABT)
21) Columbo  ( Lucas )
22) SCTV (Russian King)

23)  Night Gallery  (goose)

Rod Serling's follow up to the Twilight Zone.  It was more hit and miss, but the hits were much darker.  A favorite is the one with the Roddy McDowell on a stormy night, and on the wall is a painting of the graveyard.  The painting keeps changing to reflect the disinterring of a casket, followed by a dreadful knock on the door....

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x5i639b

Edited by goose, 16 September 2017 - 09:13 PM.


#45 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:12 PM



#46 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:14 PM



#47 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 16326 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

1) Star Trek ( Ken Jennings )
2) The Wire ( Maverick )
3) Kung Fu ( Johnny Blaze )
4) Mad Men ( Rushian King )
5) All In The Family ( Narps )
6) The Twilight Zone ( Lucas )
7) Six Feet Under (custom55)
8) 30 Rock (Segue Myles)
9)Taxi (thesweetscience)
10) The Ren and Stimpy Show (hemibeers)
11) The Venture Bros. (ReRushed)
12) Green Acres ( Narps )
13) X Files ( Permanent Rush )
14) The Odd Couple ( Lucas )
15) Monty Python's Flying Circus (goose)
16) Seinfeld (Rushian King)
17) Twin Peaks (original)(hemibeers)
18) M*A*S*H (Narps)
19) Cheers (Johnny Blaze)
20) Leave it to Beaver (LABT)
21) Columbo  ( Lucas )
22) SCTV (Russian King)
23)  Night Gallery  (goose)

24) Coach (thesweetscience)

#48 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10789 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

View Postgoose, on 16 September 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

1) Star Trek ( Ken Jennings )
2) The Wire ( Maverick )
3) Kung Fu ( Johnny Blaze )
4) Mad Men ( Rushian King )
5) All In The Family ( Narps )
6) The Twilight Zone ( Lucas )
7) Six Feet Under (custom55)
8) 30 Rock (Segue Myles)
9)Taxi (thesweetscience)
10) The Ren and Stimpy Show (hemibeers)
11) The Venture Bros. (ReRushed)
12) Green Acres ( Narps )
13) X Files ( Permanent Rush )
14) The Odd Couple ( Lucas )
15) Monty Python's Flying Circus (goose)
16) Seinfeld (Rushian King)
17) Twin Peaks (original)(hemibeers)
18) M*A*S*H (Narps)
19) Cheers (Johnny Blaze)
20) Leave it to Beaver (LABT)
21) Columbo  ( Lucas )
22) SCTV (Russian King)

23)  Night Gallery  (goose)

Rod Serling's follow up to the Twilight Zone.  It was more hit and miss, but the hits were much darker.  A favorite is the one with the Roddy McDowell on a stormy night, and on the wall is a painting of the graveyard.  The painting keeps changing to reflect the disinterring of a casket, followed by a dreadful knock on the door....

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x5i639b

Great pick goose

That segment with Roddy McDowell is one of the most memorable things I've ever seen on television

Posted Image

#49 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostLucas, on 16 September 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

21) Columbo  ( Lucas )

Iconic .. Peter Falk helped create one the greatest TV characters ever, with some great writing and direction .. Guest stars like Johnny Cash and Jack Cassidy took it to another level ..

The original series from 1971-1978 is my favorite, and from the get go, I really loved the relentless and inquisitive nature Lt Columbo brought
This might be my favorite show of all time. I should have picked it first.

#50 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

1) Star Trek ( Ken Jennings )
2) The Wire ( Maverick )
3) Kung Fu ( Johnny Blaze )
4) Mad Men ( Rushian King )
5) All In The Family ( Narps )
6) The Twilight Zone ( Lucas )
7) Six Feet Under (custom55)
8) 30 Rock (Segue Myles)
9)Taxi (thesweetscience)
10) The Ren and Stimpy Show (hemibeers)
11) The Venture Bros. (ReRushed)
12) Green Acres ( Narps )
13) X Files ( Permanent Rush )
14) The Odd Couple ( Lucas )
15) Monty Python's Flying Circus (goose)
16) Seinfeld (Rushian King)
17) Twin Peaks (original)(hemibeers)
18) M*A*S*H (Narps)
19) Cheers (Johnny Blaze)
20) Leave it to Beaver (LABT)
21) Columbo  ( Lucas )
22) SCTV (Russian King)
23)  Night Gallery  (goose)
24) Coach (thesweetscience)
25) The Rockford Files (ReRushed)
Probably my second favorite show of all-time.

Edited by ReRushed, 17 September 2017 - 06:30 PM.


#51 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 855 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near Philadelphia PA
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

26) The Big Bang Theory

Currently my favorite tv show and possibly my all time favorite show. I'm less of a tv show person than I used to be but this is one of the few I still watch.

#52 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9813 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostNew_World_Man, on 17 September 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

26) The Big Bang Theory

Currently my favorite tv show and possibly my all time favorite show. I'm less of a tv show person than I used to be but this is one of the few I still watch.

The first five or so seasons are top notch. They stayed solid for a bit after that but I lost interest and haven't had the desire to watch the last couple seasons.

I'm honestly shocked the show is still going.

#53 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9813 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 15 September 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

8) 30 Rock (Segue Myles)

One of my favourite shows ever. It is something I return too when my depression gets bleak.

When you rewatch this show do you always find something new to laugh at that you didn't before? That happens with me.

#54 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostReRushed, on 17 September 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 16 September 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

21) Columbo  ( Lucas )

Iconic .. Peter Falk helped create one the greatest TV characters ever, with some great writing and direction .. Guest stars like Johnny Cash and Jack Cassidy took it to another level ..

The original series from 1971-1978 is my favorite, and from the get go, I really loved the relentless and inquisitive nature Lt Columbo brought
This might be my favorite show of all time. I should have picked it first.
:yes:

Best Show Ever thread has but one post with a single word.


Columbo.

#55 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostReRushed, on 17 September 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:


25) The Rockford Files (ReRushed)
Probably my second favorite show of all-time.
The intro phone messages alone are television gold.

#56 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 17 September 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

24) Coach (thesweetscience)
I had forgotten completely about that show.   Great call!

:cheers:

Posted Image

Edited by goose, 17 September 2017 - 10:26 PM.


#57 Rushian King

Rushian King

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1522 posts
  • Location:Toronto

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

27-- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000-2011-- another season coming soon). Creator and star Larry David is the person the George character on Seinfeld is based on and here he plays himself in a fictionalized show of his life. Great supporting cast along with numerous guests playing themselves. This might actually be funnier overall than Seinfeld.

Edited by Rushian King, 18 September 2017 - 05:59 PM.


#58 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 16326 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

View Postgoose, on 17 September 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 17 September 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

24) Coach (thesweetscience)
I had forgotten completely about that show.   Great call!

:cheers:

Posted Image
Jerry Van Dyke made the show great.

Edited by thesweetscience, 18 September 2017 - 01:33 PM.


#59 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 16326 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 17 September 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostNew_World_Man, on 17 September 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

26) The Big Bang Theory

Currently my favorite tv show and possibly my all time favorite show. I'm less of a tv show person than I used to be but this is one of the few I still watch.

The first five or so seasons are top notch. They stayed solid for a bit after that but I lost interest and haven't had the desire to watch the last couple seasons.

I'm honestly shocked the show is still going.
The show is still quite funny.  It's still worth watching.

#60 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

1) Star Trek (KenJennings)
2) The Wire ( Maverick )
3) Kung Fu ( Johnny Blaze )
4) Mad Men ( Rushian King )
5) All In The Family ( Narps )
6) The Twilight Zone ( Lucas )
7) Six Feet Under (custom55)
8) 30 Rock (Segue Myles)
9)Taxi (thesweetscience)
10) The Ren and Stimpy Show (hemibeers)
11) The Venture Bros. (ReRushed)
12) Green Acres ( Narps )
13) X Files ( Permanent Rush )
14) The Odd Couple ( Lucas )
15) Monty Python's Flying Circus (goose)
16) Seinfeld (Rushian King)
17) Twin Peaks (original)(hemibeers)
18) M*A*S*H (Narps)
19) Cheers (Johnny Blaze)
20) Leave it to Beaver (LABT)
21) Columbo  ( Lucas )
22) SCTV (Russian King)
23)  Night Gallery  (goose)
24) Coach (thesweetscience)
25) The Rockford Files (ReRushed)
26) The Big Bang Theory (New_World_Man)
27) Curb You Enthusiasm (Russian King)

28) The Simpsons (KenJennings)

The greatest and longest running sitcom of all time. There is hardly any facet of modern American culture that hasn't been both lampooned and influenced by the Simpsons. Though it's probably outlived its best days, the show gave us dozens upon dozens of absolute classic episodes, and had about a ten year run of animated comedy supremacy that I don't think will ever be touched.

Edited by KenJennings, 18 September 2017 - 02:44 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users