Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get

Robert Plant - Now and Zen

Lita Ford - Lita

Vince Neil - Exposed

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman

Sammy Hagar - Standing Hampton

Slash - Slash

Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever

Blizzard and Diary are as good as any Sabbath album. And I love Sabbath. Tug of War is Paul's best solo album IMO by miles. Standing Hampton is one of my favorite albums by anyone. Sammy just nailed it with that one. And while I don't love Adam Levine or Lemmy, or a few other folks on Slash's solo album, I think all of the collaborations on that one work perfectly. Particularly Beautiful Dangerous.

All Things Must Pass is the best Beatle solo effort, again IMO.

Some great choices on this list. :cheers:

• Like 2

I have tons of Yes member solo albums from the 70's especially Wakeman but honestly can't remember much about them. My mother is a pianist/organist and I do remember her enjoying the Wakeman ones back in the day when I used to blast them all over the house lol. I have and enjoyed Jon Anderson with Vangelis back in the day if that counts... :codger:
  • Like 2

I have tons of Yes member solo albums from the 70's especially Wakeman but honestly can't remember much about them. My mother is a pianist/organist and I do remember her enjoying the Wakeman ones back in the day when I used to blast them all over the house lol. I have and enjoyed Jon Anderson with Vangelis back in the day if that counts... :codger:

Narps, what do you think of Jon Anderson's "Song Of Seven" album ??

I have never heard it, but I'm going to give it a listen

• Like 1

Ace Frehley & Paul Stanley's spring immediately to my mind.

I automatically mention Ace, but Paul's album is really good too

This is probably my favorite song from any of the solo albums .. I love this song - I wish KISS would have done it

• Like 2

Just being honest cuz its all I know to be but I am pretty sure I don't own it and haven't heard it. Just keep'in it real my friend... :)
  • Like 1

Just being honest cuz its all I know to be but I am pretty sure I don't own it and haven't heard it. Just keep'in it real my friend... :)

I'm going listen to it later . . I believe it is from 1980, and was his first album after Olias Of Sunhillow ( which I love )

I actually like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/NXMBZ1U.jpg

It features guests Jan Hammer, Steve Stevens, Eddie Van Halen on bass, Michael Landau, Will Lee with tunes like these:

YAAASSSSS

All of Bruce Dickinson's solo output, but especially Chemical Wedding. Geddy's is also amazing.

I was in a record store this week that had a tonne of his solo work.

I legit thought he had just one record

• Like 2

I haven't listened to a whole lot of solo albums that aren't by Steve Howe, but here's goes the list...

Steve Howe - Time

Steve Howe - Turbulence

Steve Howe - The Grand Scheme of Things

*placeholder for Kai Hansen's solo album soon to be released 'cause I know I'm gonna love it*

Michael Kiske - Instant Clarity

Jack Russell - Shelter Me

• Like 3

I haven't listened to a whole lot of solo albums that aren't by Steve Howe, but here's goes the list...

Steve Howe - Time

Steve Howe - Turbulence

*placeholder for Kai Hansen's solo album soon to be released 'cause I know I'm gonna love it*

Have you heard Alex and Geddy's solo albums? Also, what about Robin Zander's?

Steve Howe - Time

Steve Howe - Turbulence

I actually haven't heard those. I think I recall listening to some of Victor a couple years ago, but I can't remember what I thought of it. And I haven't heard anything from Geddy's album or Robin Zander's. I know, I should probably get to listening to them at some point.

• Like 2

Steve Howe - Time

Steve Howe - Turbulence

I actually haven't heard those. I think I recall listening to some of Victor a couple years ago, but I can't remember what I thought of it. And I haven't heard anything from Geddy's album or Robin Zander's. I know, I should probably get to listening to them at some point.

They are great albums,

You can find Victor and MFH on you tube, but I am not sure about Robin's.

Steve Howe - Time

Steve Howe - Turbulence

They are great albums,

You can find Victor and MFH on you tube, but I am not sure about Robin's.

I could always check Spotify since I believe that's where I had found Victor initially. Robin's Countryside Boulevard is on there.

• Like 1