Funny Rush Mention in New Spin

PuppetKing2112

OK Today I got the new Spin in the mail (the May issue with Trent Reznor from NIN on the cover) and it was their "ANNUAL LIST ISSUE" and they had the "Top 5 Most Hideous Album Covers of All Time" and one of them was Hemispheres. Just thought I'd share.

QUOTE (Red Porschetta @ May 5 2005, 09:30 PM)
My opinion, Hemispheres is their worst album cover. It comes off a little pretentious. But hey, the music backs it up.

Crazy. I love that cover.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 5 2005, 09:06 PM)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001ESL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Not a great cover. But it doesn't belong in the Top 5 Worst.

Always gives me a giggle when I see it.

moon.gif

tongue.gif

I'm sure that there are way worse covers out there... actually, I rather like the cover, for the song it represents, I can't imagine it being anything else

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ May 6 2005, 03:17 AM)
I never really liked Feedback. But it could just be because it doesn't fit in CD racks mad.gif

I hear you Bro,

Worst thing of all is because CDs like that are cardboard, it inevitably starts to fray at the edges as well and needs the rack more than the standard jewel case.

Plus it screws up my Rush Display Rack. mad.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 5 2005, 10:16 PM)
Caress of Steel is way uglier IMO.  And look at the first album - yuck man.

I kinda think there cool album covers! And i'm a Rocket Scientist cool.gif

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1088.gif

Got Milk?

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 6 2005, 03:58 AM)
I never really liked Feedback. But it could just be because it doesn't fit in CD racks mad.gif

I hear you Bro,

Worst thing of all is because CDs like that are cardboard, it inevitably starts to fray at the edges as well and needs the rack more than the standard jewel case.

Plus the discs get scratched much easier than if they were in a jewel case. My DS discs are looking pretty brutal!

QUOTE (yyz @ May 5 2005, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (Red Porschetta @ May 5 2005, 09:30 PM)
My opinion, Hemispheres is their worst album cover. It comes off a little pretentious. But hey, the music backs it up.

Crazy. I love that cover.

Yeah me too... ohmy.gif

I remember reading a article in CREEM or HIT PARADER on this subject of RUSH album covers, And Hugh Syme considered HEMISPHERES his worst. He pointed out the pencil thin shadow of Dionysus as something he wished he could do over again! smile.gif

QUOTE (griffon67 @ May 6 2005, 01:19 PM)
No...these are the worst album covers....EVER....
Worst Album Covers

Hey, those are great! NOT! For more goodies like this, check out your local Barnes and Noble. I came across the book these and more are featured in last weekend. Some of the stories behind these are pretty funny, as well.

For the record, I think Hemispheres is a semi great album cover. There are no awful Rush album covers.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 5 2005, 06:08 PM)
OK Today I got the new Spin in the mail (the May issue with Trent Reznor from NIN on the cover) and it was their "ANNUAL LIST ISSUE" and they had the "Top 5 Most Hideous Album Covers of All Time" and one of them was Hemispheres. Just thought I'd share.

That is funny. I am amused.

Hemispheres might not be the best album cover ever, but it's not among the Top 5 worst, in my opinion.

QUOTE (griffon67 @ May 6 2005, 11:19 AM)
No...these are the worst album covers....EVER....
Worst Album Covers

rofl3.gif That is hilarious! Thanks for the link. Not that the album covers are that funny on their own, but the comments are great! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

oh yeah, and Welcome to the Board trink39.gif

oh, oh yeah...editing to post that I like the Hemispheres album cover, because it is very thought provoking (especially when you see it in your brother's room before you've ever even heard the album or studied anything about the anatomy of the brain.)

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 6 2005, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (gopherman @ May 6 2005, 12:31 PM)
There are no awful Rush album covers.

Except for the first album, that is...

Come on!!! It was there debut Album it is simple and I'm sure they didn't want to spend alot of money on it. It just "splashes out" at you. I like it because as a 2.gif fan you can look back and think man, they are still out there making music. Who would have even imagined them coming this far? not most critics that's for sure. Hemispheres is cool cool.gif

I PERSONALY think the Hemispheres cover is one of the coolest. But i know if i say that to some people, they would say, "DUDE...it's shows some guys ass on it! 062802puke_prv.gif ", LOL. icon_really_happy_guy.gif The thing is, it's cool because the cover basiclly EXPLAINS the concept of the SONG Hemispheres.

So...that's just MY opinion. Oh yea...and I'd have to agree that "Rush" and "Caress of Steel" are the 2 WORST Rush covers. Not TERRIBLE...but my least 2 favorites. yes.gif

-Matt

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 6 2005, 04:58 AM)

I hear you Bro,

I couldn't agree more!

Also, if you're not completely careful with the case, the CD tends to fall out. That's definitely not the fate I want my Rush CDs to have. sad.gif

Archived