I miss The Boys Already!!!!

robertrobyn

Geddy and Alex really should continue their musical careers without Neil. And if Neil has a problem with it, then it's his problem and not Ged and Al's. In fact hey, the song Anthem clearly says. "Live for yourself, there's no one more worth living for."

Frankly, if Neil does have an issue with any sort of solo projects or solo tours, I'd like to say to him "So you expect Geddy and Al to just bend to your will and never play another note of music again just because you're retired? Doesn't that go against what you wrote in Anthem and Something For Nothing? All that jazz about living life they way you want to?"

Edited by fraroc

Geddy and Alex really should continue their musical careers without Neil. And if Neil has a problem with it, then it's his problem and not Ged and Al's. In fact hey, the song Anthem clearly says. "Live for yourself, there's no one more worth living for."

Frankly, if Neil does have an issue with any sort of solo projects or solo tours, I'd like to say to him "So you expect Geddy and Al to just bend to your will and never play another note of music again just because you're retired? Doesn't that go against what you wrote in Anthem and Something For Nothing? All that jazz about living life they way you want to?"

Why would Neil object to solo projects or tours? He has no say in that anyway. I just don't ever want to see the guys play with another drummer under the Rush name. They should have just announced the last tour as a farewell tour. It would have ended a lot of questions and speculation.

Robert, we're all feeling it. Except for TonyR he has a lump of coal in his chest. None of us know 100% what the future of :rush: is, so there is that. Alex and Geddy may record and tour under a different banner. No matter what we'll always have 161 great songs.

Kenny Rogers older than dirt just played the CNB center in Enid.

Why would Neil object to solo projects or tours? He has no say in that anyway. I just don't ever want to see the guys play with another drummer under the Rush name. They should have just announced the last tour as a farewell tour. It would have ended a lot of questions and speculation.

They didn't announce it as a farewell tour because Geddy and Alex made it clear that they are both not done.

• Like 2

I miss them so much I'm thinking about travelling to see a Rush tribute band, just to get a sort of methadone-maintenance level live Rush summer fix!
  • Like 3

I thought you left.

I thought you left.

Well what was going to be a permanent leave turned into "just for the summer". Then it turned into a just weeklong break.

They didn't announce it as a farewell tour because Geddy and Alex made it clear that they are both not done.

They did announce it as their "last sizeable tour," and the reason they didn't make it an actual farewell tour is because they wanted to leave themselves the option of doing more live shows; they didn't want to be one of those bands who does a "farewell" tour, then comes back to tour again and again.

• Like 1

I thought you left.

Well what was going to be a permanent leave turned into "just for the summer". Then it turned into a just weeklong break.

Which turned into 72 hours.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Life does go on.

True, but of course for many of us the band have been so important, it's hard to imagine

life without them.

I'm still hoping it's somehow not over. We in Europe never got a chance to say "Goodbye"

I thought you left.

Which turned into 72 hours.

:LOL:

;)

As for the premise of the post, I don't think Neil could care less whether they go on to make music. He is his own man, this we know.

No way. :rush: would not be :rush: without Neil.

No way. :rush: would not be :rush: without Neil.

Correct, it wouldn't be Rush but it could be a cool Rush tribute act. I'd definitely like to see a "Ged&Al" show

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

I read the topic as "I kiss The Boys already"

I was thinking you'd chosen the wrong forum to come out...

http://img.welt.de/img/gesundheit/crop132523478/5356937753-ci3x2l-w900/Sigmund-Freud-3-.jpg

• Like 1