The ANTI Cheap Trick Thread

Maverick

they had more than one tune that was pretty good IMO ... but they weren't worthy of the HOF at all

Maybe not HOF worthy but Take It On The Run is another great track.

Caught Up In You is another great song. After more thought I think they are HOF worthy.

they had more than one tune that was pretty good IMO ... but they weren't worthy of the HOF at all

Caught Up In You is another great song. After more thought I think they are HOF worthy.

That is not a Cheap Trick song.

He's knows that. He's pointing out that he thinks Cheap Trick is generic.

They are the best band ever!

What makes them so special? They are no different to tonnes of bands that exist.

I wouldn't mind so much if you didn't berate bands similarly unspectacular.

They are the best band ever!

That's not possible when Rush exists.

• Like 3

What makes them so special? They are no different to tonnes of bands that exist.

?

Cheap Trick belong to a field of artists who all sound fun but never did anything to truly set them apart.

Others include Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Bon Jovi. It's a matter of taste if you enjoy these bands but Cheap Trick did nothing that set them apart from other successful bands of their era.

Lyrics are trite, music is good but pretty ordinary, vocals are not amazing...none of this would bother me if the fans on this forum were not massive jerks to fans of other bands they don't like.

In fact I think in future if someone tells me they are a Cheap Trick fan I would walk off like they have the plague.

Edited by Segue Myles

This thread now has more replies to it than the ANTI Primus thread :clap:

And not as much love as the Anti-Toto thread tee hee

Another great Cheap Trick song that cements their HOF worthiness. That Robin Zander is dreamy.

• Like 1

Cheap Trick belong to a field of artists who all sound fun but never did anything to truly set them apart.

Others include Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Bon Jovi. It's a matter of taste if you enjoy these bands but Cheap Trick did nothing that set them apart from other successful bands of their era.

Lyrics are trite, music is good but pretty ordinary, vocals are not amazing...none of this would bother me if the fans on this forum were not massive jerks to fans of other bands they don't like.

In fact I think in future if someone tells me they are a Cheap Trick fan I would walk off like they have the plague.

:o

They were a power pop band that took the genre and added a then unique edginess and quirkiness. Nobody sounded like them and nobody looked like them. I think that gets lost because distractors seem to focus on the 1980s commercial "sellout" period. Personally, for me, it's all about the songs. Listen to the 1977 debut album. Its got a heaviness mixed with melody. Some of it is even a bit punkish. Edgy stuff. And they are a great live band. And I think they are sincere.

• Like 2

:o

Yeah well you guys don't mind snobbing off my favourite bands so let me give out what I have to take in.

Wow. That's a douche move if I ever read one. What's wrong with just being entertained? Using your logic, movies like The Lego Movie, or Dumb and Dumber shouldn't exist. Would you walk off like someone had the plague if they told you they liked those movies? Does everything have to be serious and in depth?

And to have a whole thread dedicated to negativity says a lot about the thread starter(s). Dang.

?

I hate the musical cancer that is Bon Jovi. I also hate Green Day.

Another great Cheap Trick song that cements their HOF worthiness. That Robin Zander is dreamy.

http://youtu.be/qxQAmaZ7dRk

He reminds me of DLR when he was young.

He's a bit too too, you know? - tries too hard.

Nice hair though.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Jeez man. Can you sound any more elitist?

• Like 1

Jeez man. Can you sound any more elitist?

I suppose he could sound like your average Rush fan?

?

:popcorn: I went and ate dinner and this is still happening ?! . . Def Leppard ,REO Speedwagon and Tesla are in town tonight but I didn't get tickets for a lot of reasons. Mostly that it is outside on cement bleachers. If it rained, my middle aged bones would still be there like Monday morning.

Edited by blueschica

?

:popcorn: I went and ate dinner and this is still happening . . . Def Leppard ,REO Speedwagon and Tesla are in town tonight but I didn't get tickets for a lot of reasons. Mostly that it is outside on cement bleachers. If it rained, my middle aged bones would still be there like Monday morning.

Too old to rock and roll, too young to go to the retirement community?