Listen to the YouTube Song below you.

KenJennings

I liked the idea that Union 5-3992 posted earlier today, so I'm going to rip it off wholesale.

But this one is a little different, requiring a little less commitment by using individual songs and requiring a youtube link.

Rules:

No Skipping. (You get what you get, and you're in it for the duration.)

You must include a YouTube link when posting a video. (If there's no video link, it doesn't count as an entry. If there is, it's an entry.

Try to limit song length to or around 10 minutes. (Not a hard rule. Be respectful, know your audience)

No bickering or complaining. (If you don't like the rules, just move along. No need to derail everyone else's fun.)

Use the "like post" button to indicate you've listened to the video. (A comment is encouraged, but not necessary.)

Tips:

If you want to embed a YouTube link, change the "https://" prefix to "http://" removing the "s".

You're free to include suggestions in your post for the next posted ("songs over 10 minutes welcome", "no country music", etc... but the next poster has no requirement to oblige.)

I'll be listening to the first song posted.

Have fun!

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 4

Dexter Jones Circus Orchestra - The Silence Is Far Too Loud

I actually really liked this. It reminded me of one of my favorite current rock groups, Black Mountain; in their blending of older heavy metal sounds with a really organic smooth jam groove. I'm going to check out a few of their tracks!

Slightly confused on the rules of this....I guess that if someone posts a video below me in the future I will listen to it? Or is this just a KJ practical joke?

Slightly confused on the rules of this....I guess that if someone posts a video below me in the future I will listen to it? Or is this just a KJ practical joke?

can't you read??? He said "no bickering or complaining." If you don't like the rules buck-o, move along. ;)

:cheers:

• Like 1

can't you read??? He said "no bickering or complaining." If you don't like the rules buck-o, move along. ;)

Unfortunately I cant follow the rules because YOU didnt post a song for me to listen to!!! ;) probably would have been from counterparts

Unfortunately I cant follow the rules because YOU didnt post a song for me to listen to!!! ;) probably would have been from counterparts

:o

• Like 1

Someone posts a song, then you post a song for that person to listen to. Then the next person that posts a song, you have to listen to.

So if you post a song, Rod In Rio (being the last person to post one) has to listen to it.

Then whoever next posts a song, thats for you.

Edited by KenJennings

So, for example:

Rod in Rio posts a song.

Toymaker listens to it and then posts a song for Rod in Rio to listen to.

Rod in Rio then posts a song for Toymaker to listen to

Toymaker then posts a song for Rod in Rio to listen to.

No. That can't be right.

So once the original poster listens to the song that was posted by the person who listened to the original poster's song, then they just stop and two other people get into it?

Yes, I'm THAT dumb.

• Like 1

So, for example:

Rod in Rio posts a song.

No. That can't be right.

So once the original poster listens to the song that was posted by the person who listened to the original poster's song, then they just stop and two other people get into it?

Yes, I'm THAT dumb.

No.

KenJennings doesn't post a song... he just starts the thread.

Then Union 5-3992 posts a song for KenJennings to listen to.

Then Rod in Rio posts a song for Union 5-3992 to listen to.

Then Toymaker post a song for Rod in Rio to listen to.

Then the next person to play posts a song for Toymaker to listen to.

So, for example:

Rod in Rio posts a song.

No. That can't be right.

Yes, I'm THAT dumb.

No.

KenJennings doesn't post a song... he just starts the thread.

Then Union 5-3992 posts a song for KenJennings to listen to.

Then Rod in Rio posts a song for Union 5-3992 to listen to.

Then Toymaker post a song for Rod in Rio to listen to.

Then the next person to play posts a song for Toymaker to listen to.

Oh. See, it all hinges on the word "below," which I was too blind to see.

Shouldn't it be listen to the song posted above? Someone posts a song and whoever listens to it gives their thoughts and then posts a song of their own and so on. The word "below" seems to be the confusing part in both this and the similarly themed album thread started by Union.
  • Like 1

Maybe we can salvage the thread for something else.

No, it's a good idea, we've just got to work out the kinks. There's always something posted above you but not always below. So responding to a song posted above makes more sense.

• Like 1

Maybe we can salvage the thread for something else.

No, it's a good idea, we've just got to work out the kinks. There's always something posted above you but not always below. So responding to a song posted above makes more sense.

KJ already made that in 2013. It's time to mix things up now that it's 2016.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/85107-the-listen-to-the-song-above-you-thread/

• Like 1