13 minutes ago, treeduck said:

jimmypagebrianmaytonyiommigibson2204-638

Not a fan?

32 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Why do you say that?

I thought you made a mocking joke, maybe I misunderstood 🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

Because they draw on these bands in their music?

No you're getting into stuff that I'm not even thinking about. They're clapping approval!

• Haha 2

Today, Judas Priest. And likely for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

I've no idea why I've started listening to them again, but one band I loved in my teens, and subsequently ignored all my adult life, has taken over the last few days for me:

Nine Inch Nails

And by extension: Frontline Assembly

I loved industrial music in my teens. So many of my favourite bands toyed with the genre as well, and I just can't believe I've ignored them for so long!

Nine Inch Nails are making a comeback for me. They could be the next Paradise Lost/In Flames/Mastodon/Trivium to become an obsession years after I last played them!

Also, I have to add that the new Sonata Arctica album is a major return to form for them, and I, of course, cannot get enough of Invincible Shield.

Judas Priest.

i LOVE this band.  it's funny they are my fav old school metal band(yes over Maiden even) but the whole middle 80's period Defenders of the faith though Ram it down  i think stinks but the best JP is honestly better than 90% of YOUR fav metal band.

it's a scientific fact.  look it up, lol

Mick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Judas Priest.

i LOVE this band.  it's funny they are my fav old school metal band(yes over Maiden even) but the whole middle 80's period Defenders of the faith though Ram it down  i think stinks but the best JP is honestly better than 90% of YOUR fav metal band.

Mick

I loce Paradise Lost and In Flames more, and my fave Maiden beats pretty much everyone...

So yay! Top four!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Judas Priest.

Mick

Hm, how can JP be better than 90% of themselves?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Hm, how can JP be better than 90% of themselves?

their 90% combines with the other 10% of awesomeness they have and it creates an explosion of awesome!!!!!

keep up:laugh:

i'm stupid, lol

Mick

• Haha 1

Saxon, Judas Priest and Iced Earth.

Whilst I'm really obsessed with the new Priest, it's pretty much the only Priest I want to play. Meanwhile I'm all over Saxon and Iced Earth.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam

Namely, Lightning Bolt and Binaural.

• Like 2

Paradise lost

Mainly the Period from Host to Symbol of Life.

I was hooked on the recent 3.  now i'm paying more attention to the Experimental phase more. also add the self titled as well.

Mick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Paradise lost

Mainly the Period from Host to Symbol of Life.

I was hooked on the recent 3.  now i'm paying more attention to the Experimental phase more. also add the self titled as well.

Mick

When I became a fan around 2005/06, the experimental era was HATED.

With every new album, I find more and more fans respect this era more.

When all is said and done, Paradise Lost have always been able to adapt their sound to any style. 

They are incredibly special to me.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call this obsessing.  more like casually visiting.

post Vitalogy Pearl Jam.  Also to note it's not like i've never heard these albums i have many times.  but i'm trying to see if i've been to hard on them.  answer.............I've been fair to them IMO,

nothing's bad and some did improve.  Mainly No Code and Backspacer loves those 2 a lot.  Also my fav listen was actually Gigaton. You could put that up to me being newer to this end of PJ.  except i'm not, lol  i throughly enjoyed Gigaton.

The other records just sat in a middling area which has always been my problem with these guys.  not good not bad just.........Sitting there.

I find the Self titled and Yeild really Beige.  did not enjoy riot Act.  Binaural i can't even remember that one has NEVER stuck in my head ever.  and Lightning bolt i found i hodgepodge of strong moments.  mainly front Loaded and the rest.......meh

By The way.  the 2 new singles?  They're ok songs but what is with that mix?????

Yuck.

so in revisiting quietly over a week or 2.  Some stuff has grown but largly i don't feel i've be unfair to PJ's post Vitalogy work.......some good stuff.  some really forgettable stuff.  But nothing that made me ill, lol

Mick

• Like 1

RHCP

They’re fascinating to me in a really relaxing way. I’m not excited or enthralled exactly, just finding myself happily centering on what it is they do.

• Like 2

Origami Angel. One of my favorite discoveries from the last few years. I saw them live again Wednesday night. EP, I feel like they’re up your alley. I’d recommend their Gami Gang album.

• Like 1