The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

Can we post anything about Rush here?

As long as it's gushy

There's endless negative Rush (or just Neil) threads elsewhere for such other occasions!

:rush:

Right. This is the thread where we can gush to our heart's content without fear of someone or other coming along and telling us why the song or album or whatever we are gushing about or over isn't worth gushing about. Or over. In other words, telling us why our musical taste or opinion is inferior to their own.

• Like 1

As long as it's gushy

There's endless negative Rush (or just Neil) threads elsewhere for such other occasions!

Right. This is the thread where we can gush to our heart's content without fear of someone or other coming along and telling us why the song or album or whatever we are gushing about or over isn't worth gushing about. Or over. In other words, telling us why our musical taste or opinion is inferior to their own.

Have I mentioned how much I love Hold Your Fire and Presto?

• Like 2

As long as it's gushy

You just did. ;)

I had planned to listen to those two albums either today or tomorrow. I have to call Comcast to see when they can hook us up to speed. They may come today or tomorrow. I was going to wait until that was all over and finished before I listened to those two albums.

I just want to gush over the fact that I married someone who loves Rush almost more than I do. That makes it easier when deciding what to listen to on those nice afternoon drives. :7up:
  • Like 6

I just want to gush over the fact that I married someone who loves Rush almost more than I do. That makes it easier when deciding what to listen to on those nice afternoon drives. :7up:

Niiiice! :cheers:

• Like 1

As long as it's gushy

You just did. ;)

I had planned to listen to those two albums either today or tomorrow. I have to call Comcast to see when they can hook us up to speed. They may come today or tomorrow. I was going to wait until that was all over and finished before I listened to those two albums.

Just to clarify, have you heard them before? I assume most that don't regularly listen to the post '81 records at least gave them a go.

• Like 1

As long as it's gushy

You just did. ;)

Just to clarify, have you heard them before? I assume most that don't regularly listen to the post '81 records at least gave them a go.

Yes. I have heard them before many times. I listen to everything they've done (except Feedback). I wanted to listen to them again to see if they have grown on me more. It's happened before, an album I didn't care much for suddenly becomes a favorite, and it can happen again.! :)

• Like 1

Not to mention one heck of a photographer !

• Like 1

Not to mention one heck of a photographer !

Thanks!:) I'll pass that along to her, and I've learned a lot myself from her in that arena.

• Like 1

Any given, soulful, melodic, chaotic Lerxst guitar solo. Just so atmospheric and inspiring. There's nobody like him. Awesome.
  • Like 5

The drums on PeW... Some of my favorite ever committed to tape. Jacob's Ladder; Natural Science; Freewill... Damn.

And speaking of Freewill, that guitar solo really encapsulated the new Alex: the rhythm/lead hybrid was taking him to new places. He showed he could do both without the bottom falling out. And that foundation of bass, synth and drums fortified and supported his playing. He was no longer a Page/Hackett/Clapton clone, he was King Lerxst.

• Like 5

The drums on PeW... Some of my favorite ever committed to tape. Jacob's Ladder; Natural Science; Freewill... Damn.

And speaking of Freewill, that guitar solo really encapsulated the new Alex: the rhythm/lead hybrid was taking him to new places. He showed he could do both without the bottom falling out. And that foundation of bass, synth and drums fortified and supported his playing. He was no longer a Page/Hackett/Clapton clone, he was King Lerxst.

Freewill is another Rush song I never tire of listening to.

Alex became King Lerxst in Hemispheres.

• Like 1

Speaking of pure magic, that would be ATWAS.

Something very special about that particular live album that was never again reproduced in their career.

Isn't that so Narps? ;)

Edited by Lorraine

Haha! Ok well we will agree to disagree. Different strokes for different folks and all that... ;)

• Like 1

Haha! Ok well we will agree to disagree. Different strokes for different folks and all that... ;)

;)