Biggest Ass Hat in Rock?

ILSnwdog

I've heard Mellencamp is an ass to deal with... I have some friends from Bloomington that have heard a LOT of bad things about the guy!

In his defense ... most people around here know if you see him you don't run up and try to talk to him or get a pic ... he will do those things at certain times in certain places but not when he is just going to the store or trying to have dinner etc. ... I've seen him a few times around town and I just know not to mess with him ... I'm cool with it ... now all thins doesn't mean he wasn't actually a dick to someone here and there ... he just likes to live his life around here without being bothered too much

Well that's just normal... I had a friend that lived in NYC, and he said that it was horrible to watch people just walking up to actors and musicians, and just bugging the living crap out of them! One person he felt totally sorry for was Jerry Seinfeld! Said people were always bothering him...

But the few that I've spoken with said that it's just general crap with him..wait staff at restaurants, and all that...

I have a buddy who has had direct contact with him, from a music/ tech/ TV production point of view and said he is not pleasant person.

John Mellencamp or Jerry Seinfeld? Just curious. I'm a little tired today, was having trouble understanding which one, in case I run into them ??!! :P :P

Jerry Seinmelloncamp Kruger

• Like 1

who is the biggest asshole in rock? :huh:

Let the debate begin! :LOL:

Definitely Thomas Jefferson.

http://www.preyerplanning.com/images/rushmore-arch/mt-rushmore-11.jpg

Why because he believed in limited power for the federal government and that the common man was adequate to govern himself? ;)

• Like 1

I've heard Mellencamp is an ass to deal with... I have some friends from Bloomington that have heard a LOT of bad things about the guy!

In his defense ... most people around here know if you see him you don't run up and try to talk to him or get a pic ... he will do those things at certain times in certain places but not when he is just going to the store or trying to have dinner etc. ... I've seen him a few times around town and I just know not to mess with him ... I'm cool with it ... now all thins doesn't mean he wasn't actually a dick to someone here and there ... he just likes to live his life around here without being bothered too much

Well that's just normal... I had a friend that lived in NYC, and he said that it was horrible to watch people just walking up to actors and musicians, and just bugging the living crap out of them! One person he felt totally sorry for was Jerry Seinfeld! Said people were always bothering him...

But the few that I've spoken with said that it's just general crap with him..wait staff at restaurants, and all that...

I have a buddy who has had direct contact with him, from a music/ tech/ TV production point of view and said he is not pleasant person.

John Mellencamp or Jerry Seinfeld? Just curious. I'm a little tired today, was having trouble understanding which one, in case I run into them ??!! :P :P

John Cougar
  • Like 1

who is the biggest asshole in rock? :huh:

Let the debate begin! :LOL:

Definitely Thomas Jefferson.

http://www.preyerplanning.com/images/rushmore-arch/mt-rushmore-11.jpg

Why because he believed in limited power for the federal government and that the common man was adequate to govern himself? ;)

One out of 2 ain't bad.

• Like 1

I'm gonna retract my defence of Blackmore. After watching the RRHOF Deep Purple induction, Blackmore was a spiteful dick for not attending. If the fans were not worthy of him attending, he could have at least attended out of respect for John Lord.

Richie lives 1000000000000000000000000% in his own world.

Mike Portnoy. i did cartwheels when he stormed off like a bitch from DT

Mick

Nah, Mike might be a dick in some ways but he is one of the most accessible rock musicians alive. Not many guys interact with there fans on the level he does. He is also a really nice guy. I know plenty who have met him including myself that would tell you he is very personable.

He has a big mouth on line sometimes and says some stuff better left unsaid and that gets him in trouble, but I would not say he's a bad guy.

My pick is...

Yngwie Malmsteen. Opened up for him in the 90's and when I met him in his dressing room before my band played he was one of the most self righteous arrogant dicks I have ever encountered.

Malmsteen plays guitar like his personality sounds in your description.

Mick

Yngwie Malmsteen. Opened up for him in the 90's and when I met him in his dressing room before my band played he was one of the most self righteous arrogant dicks I have ever encountered.

Pretty much all of his former bandmates hate him now.

I've never really listened to any of Ywngwie's work, and I don't know him personally much either... But from what I do know is that he set the foundations for the neoclassical and power metal genres, and he was one of the founding fathers of shred guitaring on a level of his own. Fast, yet extremely melodic.

^ I respect him a lot, based on this clip alone if nothing else.

...Before ranting any further, let me just pose the simple question: did his former band mates "hate" him simply because they couldn't meet his standards as a musician?

Answer honestly, cite sources, etc ;)

Not a big metal fan but I've read and seen a lot of footage of Dave yelling at fans, etc. When you are a 'rock star' expect the unexpected. Don't get me wrong, he's can defend himself/music/etc but to call people in the audience ( so called fans ) f@gs, @ssholes, etc.. I think he's a tool.

I'm not a big megadeth fan myself, but I find Dave to be a pretty good guy. This clip you've linked suggests otherwise, but I really respected him after listening to this interview:

Mick

I've never really listened to any of Ywngwie's work, and I don't know him personally much either... But from what I do know is that he set the foundations for the neoclassical and power metal genres, and he was one of the founding fathers of shred guitaring on a level of his own. Fast, yet extremely melodic.

...Before ranting any further, let me just pose the simple question: did his former band mates "hate" him simply because they couldn't meet his standards as a musician?

If you listen to his cover of Dream On with Dio, you get a sense of someone who so needs to show you everything he has at every moment, that it might be hard to work with him.

Mellencamp...my friend said that the encounters HE had with Seinfeld were fun! (kind of a "if you don't approach him he'll make a stupid comment" kind of ordeal...) I think they went to the same restaurant a lot, and Seinfeld got to know his face as a "local"... Never saw him when I was up there, though.....

• Like 1

Mick

I would say they hate him because he's a self righteous asshole. You have to know in life that you are not bigger than the sum of your parts. Respect for others is just common decency. Thinking your a Demi God because your very talented in not the way to go through life. In my humble opinion.

Edited by Tick

Anybody said Axl Rose yet?

EDIT: Oh Jesus, that didn't take long haha.

Edited by Del_Duio

John Cougar

Don't know anything about him outside of the tunes themselves. But he definitely looked asslike in that "Crumblin Down" video from the 80s.

What crap!