Teamrock Geddy interview

EagleMoon

You're a brave woman starting another thread. :yes: :ph34r: :LOL: ;)

Nah. Nothing controversial in there. Just seems like an amalgamation of various articles from the past.

In short: Geddy's lucky to have even lived in Canada and he's an interesting dude that keeps busy with hobbies.

• Like 1

Nah. Nothing controversial in there. Just seems like an amalgamation of various articles from the past.

In short: Geddy's lucky to have even lived in Canada and he's an interesting dude that keeps busy with hobbies.

There was nothing controversial in the other thread topic but people can argue about anything.

There was nothing controversial in the other thread topic but people can argue about anything.

That's true. Let's argue about that now! ;)

• Like 3

that thing about our british lads burning Belson concentration camp down for typhus reasons was true mindyou, it was killing more people than the nazis did.

His comments about the music industry today compared to the past are quite astute. Bands should be able to make money from selling their albums, regardless of the computerized clinic world we live in.
  • Like 2

His comments about the music industry today compared to the past are quite astute. Bands should be able to make money from selling their albums, regardless of the computerized clinic world we live in.

Maybe so. But at the same time, I've heard plenty of friends/acquaintances in their 20s-40s the last decade or so that've said, "I'll just get it ((whatever music)) somewhere free off the net".

Continuing along those lines, one friend went as far as to say, "I'm never buying any more music. Why would you when it's out there for free?" Half the people at the table agreed with him. That's significant when it's coming from people who like music & can afford to buy music BUT don't.

• Like 4

Maybe so. But at the same time, I've heard plenty of friends/acquaintances in their 20s-40s the last decade or so that've said, "I'll just get it ((whatever music)) somewhere free off the net".

Continuing along those lines, one friend went as far as to say, "I'm never buying any more music. Why would you when it's out there for free?" Half the people at the table agreed with him. That's significant when it's coming from people who like music & can afford to buy music BUT don't.

I hear ya JB

I had a discussion with a friend of mine awhile back about this, and some people just refuse to take responsibility, or they simply sit there are try to justify why they feel it is ok to steal ..

When the subject of buying the new Rush album came up ( that would have been Clockwork Angels ) my friend said he'd download somewhere and that "Alex Lifeson doesn't need any of my money"

When I took him up on it, he got defensive, but when asked point blank "Why do you feel it is ok to take something for nothing" he had no answer ..

Now, when he complains about the fact that there is no good new music ( which is bullshit ), I just say "It's you own damn fault"

I hear ya JB

I had a discussion with a friend of mine awhile back about this, and some people just refuse to take responsibility, or they simply sit there are try to justify why they feel it is ok to steal ..

When the subject of buying the new Rush album came up ( that would have been Clockwork Angels ) my friend said he'd download somewhere and that "Alex Lifeson doesn't need any of my money"

When I took him up on it, he got defensive, but when asked point blank "Why do you feel it is ok to take something for nothing" he had no answer ..

Now, when he complains about the fact that there is no good new music ( which is bullshit ), I just say "It's you own damn fault"

Musicians are going to be out of business before long and everything is going to be computerized unless something is done. It's a real shame.

• Like 1

I hear ya JB

Musicians are going to be out of business before long and everything is going to be computerized unless something is done. It's a real shame.

Unfortunately, a lot of the new music that DOES still come out is already mostly computerized, thanks to a new age of clueless producers.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

I hear ya JB

Unfortunately, a lot of the new music that DOES still come out is already mostly computerized, thanks to a new age of clueless producers.

Yeah I agree but there are still bands out there playing original music in a live setting and making money. Not as many as there used to be though, unfortunately.

People who get their music for free either don't care or don't realize that bands like Rush make music for a living. This is how they earn their paychecks. They aren't just jamming in their garages on the weekends. Rock & roll fans are often oblivious to that fact.

People who get their music for free either don't care or don't realize that bands like Rush make music for a living. This is how they earn their paychecks. They aren't just jamming in their garages on the weekends. Rock & roll fans are often oblivious to that fact.

No doubt.

And for the relatively few bands that do make it big, we are paying 1000% more for concert tickets than we did back in the day. Smart move, millenials.

#geniusgeneration

;)