Your favorite TV show of all-time

war2112

My choice is The X-files.

I don't have cable, so I have not seen some of the acclaimed HBO or Showtime shows. I did rent The Shield and I really enjoyed that show, but I'm sticking with Special Agents Mulder and Scully.

I'll go with rushgoober's choice for Star Trek: The Next Generation. I seem to never outgrow that show.

On the other hand, I'm crazy about Seinfeld. It's a close call.

http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/t051/T051508A.jpg . . . . http://www.stanthecaddy.com/images/the-little-kicks-1904.jpg

'The Simpsons'.

I'd have to go with a fairly recent discovery of mine, "The Shield." I discovered this show on dvd and burned through the first three seasons in no time and am waiting with baited breath for the 4th season to be released. Someone in the 24 thread called 24 video crack laugh.gif and I agreed. Until I saw The Shield. It is immensely more addicting than 24. And that's coming from a loyal 24 fan. I've never enjoyed watching a TV show more than The Shield. And it does what a great show should do: Keeps you begging for more. Wondering what's going to happen next and you can't wait to find out.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 5 2005, 07:16 AM)
I'd have to go with a fairly recent discovery of mine, "The Shield." I discovered this show on dvd and burned through the first three seasons in no time and am waiting with baited breath for the 4th season to be released. Someone in the 24 thread called 24 video crack laugh.gif and I agreed. Until I saw The Shield. It is immensely more addicting than 24. And that's coming from a loyal 24 fan. I've never enjoyed watching a TV show more than The Shield. And it does what a great show should do: Keeps you begging for more. Wondering what's going to happen next and you can't wait to find out.

I totally agree!

I don't have cable, so I rented this on a lark. I was bored and nothing else looked interesting. Man, I got hooked from the get-go and now I'm salivating for season 3 to be released on DVD so I can get my fix. What an awesome show this is. Did you watch the extras on how they transformed that real-life church into the precinct house? That was extremely cool and it (the house I mean) is really another character in the show.

I love this show. It is absolutely my favorite recent show, no question.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 3 2005, 11:45 PM)
for me it might be Star Trek: The Next Generation, but I'd have to give it more thought...

other contendors: Charmed, the original Star Trek, Friends, Will & Grace, Cheers, Family Ties, Taxi

well, i gave it more thought, and after watching a lot of this show in syndication as of late, I can confidently say that Star Trek: The Next Generation is for me the unmatched best show of all time. It just didn't get better than this on television ever. no.gif

http://www.spiritlight.de/movies/bilder/ST_tng.jpg

Cheers

Soap

Seinfeld

...and as a kid, nothing could beat the live-action Saturday morning program "Shazam!"