Least Favorite Rush Song Musically?

DirkPrattLerxst

We all know several songs are dragged down by sub par lyrics by Neil. But what's your least favorite Rush song musically? Mine would probably be Good News First. That song does nothing for me and puts me right to sleep musically and lyrically.
  • Like 1

Madrigal, by light years. Here again, Mystic Rhythms and The Way the Wind Blows mentioned before Madrigal? :eh:

Madrigal is pretty good.

Another one that sucks is The Twilight Zone.

Edited by laughedatbytime

yeah for a good year or so i pretty much hated good news first with a passion but these days i abso love it and is now actually one of my fav rush tracks so go figure coz i can't.

the ONLY rush tracks i find slightly dull from their entire catalog are all on Clockwork Angels. Half the album is utter rush genius, namely the first batch of songs they wrote on it apparently, and the second half i never even play now being way sub par for this band, just boring stuff.

the tracks i really love on CA are Caravan BU2B CA and The Garden, The Anarchist and headlong flight are good but not in the same genius bracket, the rest are the tired and monotonous ones :(

Funny, I pretty much like all the songs listed above with the exception of Spee of Love

The one Rush song I have hated since I was a kid was I think I'm Going Bald. Hated the music, the lyrics, everything. It's stunted, awkward and always seems like they needed to fill in a few minuted of vinyl

Not their worst overall song, but The Way the Wind Blows blows.

I still think Stick it Out is the champion of suck, but Where the Wind Blows is a close second.

• Like 1

It's funny you started this thread because this morning I was thinking of Rush songs that are almost embarrassing to even listen to, and the one that was going through my mind when I thought this was (sorry Segue and others who love it) One Little Victory.
  • Like 2

Madrigal, Cinderella Man, Different Strings, Chemistry, Digital Man, The Weapon, The Speed of Love, most of Hold Your Fire is pretty boring to me, I'm sure I could think of more.