Yet Another Lottery Thread - $675,000,000.00 Saturday Night

Principled Man

If someone wins here can i have a nickel? ;)

Aw, don't ask twice. I'll send you two shiny ones. They have such a nice picture of George Washington on them. :) Assuming, of course, that's the kind of nickel you were referring to. :AlienSmiley:

I don't think the likeness of George on the nickel is all that great. Looks more like Jefferson to me.

• Like 1

I would seriously consider leaving the country if I won that much money. Get my affairs in order, claim it, then get on a plane with my immediate family to disappear. Away from all the crazies and money grubbers in the US. In Eurpope or Australia, no one would know, no one would care.

I mean my wife and kid.The rest of my family could go scratch...

I watched one of those "I Won the Lottery" shows on Discovery once and a guy from the Midwest that won like $ 40 million said that was the hard part- he could never make any new friends the rest of his life because he would never know if they were after his money. Luckily, he had a good crew of old friends.

One time, an acquaintance of mine that is an estate attorney was talking and said, "If there is enough money, people come out of the woodwork and they fight like the deceased could not have imagined." I think remaining anonymous or disappearing to another continent might be a good idea! :D

What good is $40 million if you can't just use it to get away from people?

• Like 4

I would seriously consider leaving the country if I won that much money. Get my affairs in order, claim it, then get on a plane with my immediate family to disappear. Away from all the crazies and money grubbers in the US. In Eurpope or Australia, no one would know, no one would care.

I mean my wife and kid.The rest of my family could go scratch...

I watched one of those "I Won the Lottery" shows on Discovery once and a guy from the Midwest that won like $ 40 million said that was the hard part- he could never make any new friends the rest of his life because he would never know if they were after his money. Luckily, he had a good crew of old friends.

One time, an acquaintance of mine that is an estate attorney was talking and said, "If there is enough money, people come out of the woodwork and they fight like the deceased could not have imagined." I think remaining anonymous or disappearing to another continent might be a good idea! :D

What good is $40 million if you can't just use it to get away from people?

Howard Hughes, ladies and gentlemen...

• Like 2

If someone wins here can i have a nickel? ;)

Aw, don't ask twice. I'll send you two shiny ones. They have such a nice picture of George Washington on them. :) Assuming, of course, that's the kind of nickel you were referring to. :AlienSmiley:

I don't think the likeness of George on the nickel is all that great. Looks more like Jefferson to me.

:oops: :facepalm: Lucky for me, I'm almost beyond being humiliated anymore. :LOL: :sundog:

1.5 BILLION drawing tonight!!! I got me some FOMO!!!

I didn't even get one matching number the last time. How about you?

None of mine matched either. My daughter won $ 4.00 though! Woo hoo!!!

I want the impossible to happen:

I want a regular working class Joe to win it all then give it all away to an unspecified charity. No big declaration. No press conference, or if so, just frankly stated.

Kind of like when the anonymous people from the MacArthur foundation select different people doing cool stuff and award them MacArthur grants out of nowhere! I always thought that was cool.

I want the impossible to happen:

I want a regular working class Joe to win it all then give it all away to an unspecified charity. No big declaration. No press conference, or if so, just frankly stated.

Kind of like when the anonymous people from the MacArthur foundation select different people doing cool stuff and award them MacArthur grants out of nowhere! I always thought that was cool.

Like that. But this would be a greater sacrifice because it'd be the largest amount of money ever donated from a person who is NOT rich.

• Like 1

I

Did

Not

Win.

Imagine that.....

Did anyone?

California, Tennesse and Florida......so far. :doh:

Oh well...and good for them, honestly.

The next drawing, the minimum for the Powerball, is what- 20 million, something like that? Pfft. A mere pittance.

• Like 1

Just think, a voluntary "greed tax" generated over $500,000,000 in gross revenue in just a few days (from 900 million to 1.5 billion).

Indeed...like Tony R said, lotteries are a tax on stupidity. There is truth to that, for some people.

• Like 1

Lotteries are a tax on stupidity.

Even sometimes for those who win them!

My son has a friend whose father is from Birmingham (England)...he told me had a friend who won the lottery in Britain, something like £20 million (that's roughly $30-35 million US), and he spent it all in about five or six years. At the end of it, he was destitute.

My pool at work collected over 250 dollars. We bought about 138 tickets, and we won a grand total of 16 dollars. :rage: :rage: :laughing guy: Edited by Principled Man

My pool at work collected over 250 dollars. We bought about 138 tickets, and we won a grand total of 16 dollars. :rage: :rage: :laughing guy:

Forgive me, but I laughed. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

When I collected my husband's grand jack pot winnings of $4.00, the woman told me three people won the grand prize - California, Tennessee, and the other State I can't remember.

Lotteries are a tax on stupidity.

Even sometimes for those who win them!

My son has a friend whose father is from Birmingham (England)...he told me had a friend who won the lottery in Britain, something like £20 million (that's roughly $30-35 million US), and he spent it all in about five or six years. At the end of it, he was destitute.

Sounds like any number of pro athletes or rock stars.